Bible Golden Ratio "Code"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2013, 10:04 AM
RE: Bible Golden Ratio "Code"
(20-09-2013 09:39 AM)TheKingdomBibleEditor Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 08:40 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  According to this guy, the Bible has been composed by God using what he calls the UCCOO, some kind of pattern related to the Fibonacci sequence.

http://www.phibible.org/Miscellaneous/Go...rated.html

To those of you better than me at math, is there anything actually significant about this, or is it (far more likely), a terrible butchering of a mathematical concept that means nothing?

Ahem, "this guy" is absolutely right. I should know, because I'm "this guy" Smile

What is it that you don't understand, and I'll try to answer it?

Does your code take into account the fact that the bible today is not the same as it was originally written?

Does it account for original Old Testament versions before editing and translation from Hebrew?

Does it account for the translation of the New Testament works from Greek?

Does it account for the fact that the gospels and the other books of the bible never being intended to be a single cohesive story?

Does it account for redundancy of the stories contained therein?

What of the contradictions within?

How do the other canons and holy texts fit into this code that were not included in the bible?

What about the holy texts of the Muslims that appear after the New Testament gospels? What if they too contain a code? Have you tried? Would that validate them?

What about the book of Mormon? Tried that one?

Have you tried this with holy texts from other religions? Why or why not?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
20-09-2013, 10:13 AM
(20-09-2013 10:04 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 09:39 AM)TheKingdomBibleEditor Wrote:  Ahem, "this guy" is absolutely right. I should know, because I'm "this guy" Smile

Does your code take into account the fact that the bible today is not the same as it was originally written?

Does it account for original Old Testament versions before editing and translation from Hebrew?

Does it account for the translation of the New Testament works from Greek?

Does it account for the fact that the gospels and the other books of the bible never being intended to be a single cohesive story?

Does it account for redundancy of the stories contained therein?

What of the contradictions within?

How do the other canons and holy texts fit into this code that were not included in the bible?

What about the holy texts of the Muslims that appear after the New Testament gospels? What if they too contain a code? Have you tried? Would that validate them?

What about the book of Mormon? Tried that one?

Have you tried this with holy texts from other religions? Why or why not?

[Image: tumblr_mky23oiTiz1rblqp8o1_250.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 14 users Like Chas's post
20-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Mistranslation and misinterpretation is not only distanced by time, it is very often the result of cultural distance.
Does any Greek translation of Hebrew texts, take into account that the Greeks were completely baffled by the Egyptians? Because they most certainly were.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Being "this guy" doesn't make you right. Anyway you're the 50 billionth person this month to have rewritten or republished or redefined the Bible because suddenly you've discovered *the* radical secret which makes the whole thing work and be true and so forth. Please do go ahead and elucidate why you think you're right. I know I can't wait Dodgy

PS if it's another of those "Seek ye out the letters in this sequence" type code thing then you're boring. And God sucks 'cos why didn't he write that in the first place ?

Ya know if you translate the King James Bible into binary, dump it to a FAT32 partition, then run it on an Intel processor backwards it turns into Microsoft Windows?
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
20-09-2013, 10:59 AM
(20-09-2013 10:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  Being "this guy" doesn't make you right. Anyway you're the 50 billionth person this month to have rewritten or republished or redefined the Bible because suddenly you've discovered *the* radical secret which makes the whole thing work and be true and so forth. Please do go ahead and elucidate why you think you're right. I know I can't wait Dodgy

PS if it's another of those "Seek ye out the letters in this sequence" type code thing then you're boring. And God sucks 'cos why didn't he write that in the first place ?

Ya know if you translate the King James Bible into binary, dump it to a FAT32 partition, then run it on an Intel processor backwards it turns into Microsoft Windows?

And when you do that to the Koran you get Linux. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
20-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Then did King Herod compile his code, and lo, it compileth, yet when he runneth it verily he receiveth the message "segmentation fault", and no man could tell him why, yea, though they were astrologers, and necromancers, and software devs, and project managers, yet among all his wise men none could explain it. And there were at that time coders from the East who exclaimeth, "we have traced execution from main(), and we have followed it even to this little function right here, and you forgot to initialize a variable"...

Tongue
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
20-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Yeah, because a confused, illogical, incoherent and immoral "book of law" from an "almighty creator" meant to be accessible to all people in all times needs to be in code.

Abso-fucking-lutely. Thumbsup

Why don't you get the fuck back on your magic carpet and spin the fuck out of here. Angry

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 10 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Clearly God's perfect word would include a mathematical code unbeknownst to its authors or early followers. Because it makes it so much more clear?...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
20-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Pretty sure I could write the bible in 5-7-5 Haiku meter. So fucking what?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-09-2013, 03:36 PM
(20-09-2013 09:39 AM)TheKingdomBibleEditor Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 08:40 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  According to this guy, the Bible has been composed by God using what he calls the UCCOO, some kind of pattern related to the Fibonacci sequence.

http://www.phibible.org/Miscellaneous/Go...rated.html

To those of you better than me at math, is there anything actually significant about this, or is it (far more likely), a terrible butchering of a mathematical concept that means nothing?

Ahem, "this guy" is absolutely right. I should know, because I'm "this guy" Smile

I'm not sure you can take a mathematical concept and randomly apply it to similarities in a book and/or nature.

And why would God implant a mathematical code in his book that was only to be deciphered 3500 years later and never become widely known?

And your statement that this puts to rest all "liberal attacks" on the Bible is incredibly unscientific, one "code" does not immediately disprove the work of dozens of scholars, scientists, and historians.

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)