Bible Golden Ratio "Code"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Bible Golden Ratio "Code"
(26-09-2013 08:44 AM)TheKingdomBibleEditor Wrote:  BTW, speaking of morons, from dictionary.com the definition of moron:
" noun
1. Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
2. Psychology . (no longer in technical use; considered offensive) a person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69."

Synonyms for Moron include "idiot, boob, nerd, fool, dummy, dunce, blockhead, dope, imbecile, loser, loony, dingbat, ignoramus, simpleton, dumbbell, dimwit, dolt, dork, addlepate, halfwit, lamebrain, mental defective."

You trying to insult me ? Laughat

Quote:While your own choice of a label is quite appropriate, and I applaud you for your insight, I have to wonder exactly why you would apply such a label to yourself? Were you the kid that always had sand kicked in his face at the beach by the body-builders, or maybe you were picked on in school by the football jocks and beaten up in the bathroom. And as a result of that experience perhaps your Freudian inner-child has some kind of masochistic need to be verbally abused and laughed at?
Man of God playing guessing games... and failing. Since I love you very much I'll play straight with you for a change... I got involved in one fight at high school. It wasn't fun but I didn't back down... Didn't get messed with after that. So you gotta find a new theory...

Quote:I know you've had a lot of fun at my expense because you think the Bible is nonsense, but at least I didn't apply such an absurd label to myself like that. I mean, imagine if you were back in High school, and the teacher said for everyone to introduce yourselves, and you stood up and said, "My name is Moron Dog." Imagine the pandemonium and laughter that would follow.
Well... if you can't laugh at yourself you're a sad man...

I have fun at your expense because you take yourself so goddamn seriously. Why is it that you religious guys are always so *bloody* grim about life ? Riddle me that.

Quote:Why is it exactly that you felt the need to apply this label to yourself?
Far as I can tell it's purely random. Neurons fired in a particular sequence one fine day...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 01:36 PM
(26-09-2013 09:28 AM)TheKingdomBibleEditor Wrote:  He sounded serious to me. Why doesn't he say he's only kidding if that is true?

If I say I was kidding now will you believe me ? Wink Also, welcome to logic 101.

Person A says X

Why would Person A say that if it was not true ?

Ergo X is true.
26-09-2013, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 06:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
Elena has more concrete and interesting examples of Φ in the Bible. But I don't understand this fascination with trying to deify it. Yeah, I mean it's aesthetically pleasing and pretty and whatnot and shit, but if God's gonna be found anywhere, it's gonna be found in the transcendental numbers. Irrational is not sufficiently divine. Tongue

[Image: euler2-1.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Kingdom guy,
I admire your persistence though I think it might be borne of a desire to convert us rather than a true conviction in the Bible Code.

You believe god left you a code in the bible that only you has been able to interpret till now, that's pretty arrogant don't you think. I'm worried for your sanity. These are what we call delusions of grandeur you might want to talk this over with your local psychologist/psychiatrist, shit even your neighbourhood pastor/priest/sheikh should be able to help (there's some compassion for ya)

Is it possible you have never heard of other people who shared this delusion of secret codes in the bible, And before you say it I know it doesn't follow that because they were wrong you are wrong too but to me it is suggestive that this form of pattern seeking might be bullshit and therefore any truth claims it makes need to be even more rigorously investigated .

In order to wow the skeptic crowd that seems to have built up around these parts you are going to need to do more than bluster at our lack of faith, we ARE skeptics our lack of faith is kind of our one uniting trait.

It's not personal, I promise, if Bucky Ball started telling us that he had cracked some weird numerological code in the Qu'ran we'd tell him where to stick that code too unless he presented us with a way to falsify his code, made some predictions about the world, and explained reality we can experience using this code.

Playing with strings of text on a computer may equal proof of god(s) in your head - I must say what a fun place that would be to visit for the booming declamations of "Rebellion's of Korah" - but the requirements of this forum for that proof are somewhat more stringent and realistic I believe.

So give it a shot, if your code is correct help us understand:
1. The rules you applied (don't give us the finished product just the rules will suffice so we can do the work for ourselves)
2. The mechanism that might underlie that rule (your hypothesis)
3. Predictions about the world we experience this code has made
4. What one discovery would prove your code false. (you know ala rabbit fossils in the pre-cambrian would do to evolution)

We, well maybe not we, I am willing to help with the testing and analysis of results.
[+] 3 users Like Andrew_Njonjo's post
27-09-2013, 06:05 AM
Very cool! The biblical authors were amazing prophets themselves. They are able to accurately predict the word order after numerous translations, editing, different interpretations, and language updates after translations just to have it all line up for the current incarnation so we could understand it! The end is near here!

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
27-09-2013, 07:02 AM
(26-09-2013 01:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 09:28 AM)TheKingdomBibleEditor Wrote:  He sounded serious to me. Why doesn't he say he's only kidding if that is true?

If I say I was kidding now will you believe me ? Wink Also, welcome to logic 101.

Person A says X

Ergo X is true.

So I guess lying is the norm on this site? I get it now.
27-09-2013, 07:04 AM
(27-09-2013 07:02 AM)TheKingdomBibleEditor Wrote:  So I guess lying is the norm on this site? I get it now.

No, but a sense of humour tends to be of some use.

Drinking Beverage

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
27-09-2013, 07:08 AM
(26-09-2013 09:32 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 09:26 AM)TheKingdomBibleEditor Wrote:  Forbidden by whom? The Catholic religion? Who cares? Numerology is a widely-known and accepted truth in the Bible, among Bible believers.

http://www.amazon.com/Number-Scripture-S...le+numbers

Bullingers work has been around for more than 100 years, and it is very popular.

Forbidden in Deuteronomy. Can you read ?
Popular ? You mean among the insane fundie Bible Belt crowd ?
That sweetie, is called the "argumentum ad populum" fallacy.
When you actually DO get around to going to a real school, they'll teach you about Logic.
There is no legitimate Biblical Scholar that buys into any of that bullshit. Not. One.

Deuteronomy 18:9-12 “When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

Hmmm, a person who blasphemes and curses is also an authority on God and the Bible. Fortune-telling is witchcraft. It says nothing about numerology in general. As the book I reference by Bullinger demonstrates, Biblical numerology is quite well established and respected among BIBLE_BELIEVING Christians. It doesn't sit well with the liberals you love to parrot, because it implies that the Bible's origin is from God Himself, so it is no wonder you strive so hard to "disprove" it, which you cannot.
27-09-2013, 07:11 AM
(27-09-2013 07:02 AM)TheKingdomBibleEditor Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 01:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  If I say I was kidding now will you believe me ? Wink Also, welcome to logic 101.

Person A says X

Ergo X is true.

So I guess lying is the norm on this site? I get it now.

Don't trust him. I think he's lying about lying. Demons can be tricky like that.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-09-2013, 07:18 AM
(27-09-2013 07:08 AM)TheKingdomBibleEditor Wrote:  it implies that the Bible's origin is from God Himself

It implies nothing of the sort. It's a random pattern that takes a rearranging of the bible and a lot of software to even make it seem likely that it fits this pattern. There is nothing about this theory of yours (besides what goes on in your own head) that means anything. Stop trying so hard, because it's not working.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post