RE: Bible Prophecy: Israel becoming a nation
Wait, I do get the point of the Delphi Oracle. Makes sense now

Twitter: @doubtingdragon
http://doubtingdragon.wordpress.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2013, 09:01 AM
It's a self fulfilling prophecy as the others have said, Isreal was bound to become a nation again someday anyway. It doesn't matter whether the Bible said it or not. Also, tell her that it's been 2000+ years, Jeebus said he would be back before his followers died of old age. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure they're dead Wink.
[+] 1 user Likes Lawls's post
13-11-2013, 10:01 AM
I still resort to my original point I informed you of weeks ago.
Prophesy, and the role of a prophet, in the ancient Near East, (not only in Israel, but all over the ancient Levant, in many cultures), was NOT to tell the future. The entire enterprise is built on a fallacy. Tell her to go take a course on the Bible from a credentialed scholar. If your MAIN interest is arguing with a family member, then do it yourself. If you, and or she, wants to learn something, then do so. Stop expecting others to be engaged in your personal family squabbles about nothing, built on historical mistakes. It's like asking adults to discuss whether Harry Potter was true or not. It's VERY annoying, especially ANY Freshman in college knows prophecy is NOT prediction of the future. Go get an education.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-11-2013, 10:24 AM
(13-11-2013 10:01 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I still resort to my original point I informed you of weeks ago.
Prophesy, and the role of a prophet, in the ancient Near East, (not only in Israel, but all over the ancient Levant, in many cultures), was NOT to tell the future. The entire enterprise is built on a fallacy. Tell her to go take a course on the Bible from a credentialed scholar. If your MAIN interest is arguing with a family member, then do it yourself. If you, and or she, wants to learn something, then do so. Stop expecting others to be engaged in your personal family squabbles about nothing, built on historical mistakes. It's like asking adults to discuss whether Harry Potter was true or not. It's VERY annoying, especially ANY Freshman in college knows prophecy is NOT prediction of the future. Go get an education.

Not only was Israel to be reunified as a Jewish nation but the Bible gives tantalizing details:

http://waitingforjesus.com/1948prophecyfulfilled.html
13-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Sorry, dupe post.
13-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Wow, PJ...what an unrelenting pile of horseshit that site is. I guess it is good enough for idiots who believe in invisible sky-daddies but of course if you set the bar low enough that is bound to happen.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
13-11-2013, 11:05 AM
(13-11-2013 10:24 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Not only was Israel to be reunified as a Jewish nation but the Bible gives tantalizing details:

http://forward.com/articles/157033/bible...die/?p=all

Mobydick anyone.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
13-11-2013, 11:14 AM
(13-11-2013 10:24 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 10:01 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I still resort to my original point I informed you of weeks ago.

Not only was Israel to be reunified as a Jewish nation but the Bible gives tantalizing details:

Moses and Joshua are known by scholars to be myth. They said nothing. Joshua was recognized only by the Northern Kingdom, and not recognized in the South. The KINGDOM was not re-established. Israel is a secular state. NOTHING was "fulfilled". The premise is false. Prophesy was not prediction. You really need an education in your cult, prior to you ignorant rantings.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-11-2013, 11:53 AM
(13-11-2013 10:32 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Wow, PJ...what an unrelenting pile of horseshit that site is. I guess it is good enough for idiots who believe in invisible sky-daddies but of course if you set the bar low enough that is bound to happen.

I liked the page, it was simple and clear - and the ideas were adapted for that page from others' work. I disagree with much that is on that site overall. Sorry for not being more clear.
13-11-2013, 11:58 AM
(13-11-2013 11:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 10:24 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Not only was Israel to be reunified as a Jewish nation but the Bible gives tantalizing details:

Moses and Joshua are known by scholars to be myth. They said nothing. Joshua was recognized only by the Northern Kingdom, and not recognized in the South. The KINGDOM was not re-established. Israel is a secular state. NOTHING was "fulfilled". The premise is false. Prophesy was not prediction. You really need an education in your cult, prior to you ignorant rantings.

1) Thought I was on your ignore list, BB? You couldn't resist my wit, wisdom and insight for 48 hours?

2) You have a knack for spilling forth ideas in a sort of atheist ecumenical orgasmic miasma, yet without citing any source texts. The prophesy in question on this thread has to do with the TRIBES reuniting. No one is questioning that we fundies believe Jesus will restore the Kingdom. You can read Acts 1 and Matthew 24 to see the apostles asking Jesus WHEN He will restore the KINGDOM and His answers. You cannot be this sloppy accidentally so I conclude you merely lie and misrepresent the Word of the living God deliberately. Shame on you, and weak of will as well. Can't you find enough moral objections from your subjective code to rant against the Bible in general without adding your pretensious untruths to the mix?

3) JESUS IS LORD.

4) I'll print your rantings so we can have some laughs at our next fundie fun-time funfest.