Bible Prophecy: Israel becoming a nation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2013, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2013 12:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Bible Prophecy: Israel becoming a nation
(13-11-2013 11:58 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  yet without citing any source texts.

Jebus is LARD, not lord.
I have given countless sources from scholarly articles regarding the fallacy of "prophecy as fortune telling". PJ has NEVER ONCE refuted, or even attempted to discuss ONE of them. He is utterly incompetent to do so. Since I have him on ignore, thanks for the PM's, but please no more. His worthless rantings are not worth the time they even take to read. They are the drivel of a totally uneducated fanatic, who is incapable of assimilating information, (and has proven with his "retarded child" post a while back he is completely dishonest.) I don't even buy the "sermon" bullshit of the thread here. No congregation would actually hire such a complete dolt. He has NOT ONE convert on TTA. He doesn't even have the wisdom to know when to shut up, and the discernment to understand when yapping about his fundie bs does his cause more harm than good.
His incompetent impotent powerless deity did nothing to help the Philippines. Jebus should have exercised his Lardiness, yet once again failed to demonstrate it even exists. Have a lardy week. Don't plug up your arteries. Jebus ain't gonna help you either. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-11-2013, 01:24 PM
(13-11-2013 12:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 11:58 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  yet without citing any source texts.

Jebus is LARD, not lord.
I have given countless sources from scholarly articles regarding the fallacy of "prophecy as fortune telling". PJ has NEVER ONCE refuted, or even attempted to discuss ONE of them. He is utterly incompetent to do so. Since I have him on ignore, thanks for the PM's, but please no more. His worthless rantings are not worth the time they even take to read. They are the drivel of a totally uneducated fanatic, who is incapable of assimilating information, (and has proven with his "retarded child" post a while back he is completely dishonest.) I don't even buy the "sermon" bullshit of the thread here. No congregation would actually hire such a complete dolt. He has NOT ONE convert on TTA. He doesn't even have the wisdom to know when to shut up, and the discernment to understand when yapping about his fundie bs does his cause more harm than good.
His incompetent impotent powerless deity did nothing to help the Philippines. Jebus should have exercised his Lardiness, yet once again failed to demonstrate it even exists. Have a lardy week. Don't plug up your arteries. Jebus ain't gonna help you either. Tongue

1) I'm not sending you any PMs, BB. That is a lie.

2) I gave a sermon on Sunday as a lay leader of my congregation. I'm not the pastor of the congregation.

3) You did not give "countless" sources re: prophecy. You gave four. I began discussing how one of your "peer reviewed, scholarly sources" is a revisionist Rabbi who doesn't believe God exists. Sounds unbiased about Christian viewpoints on prophecy to me!

4) All my converts have left TTA.
13-11-2013, 01:35 PM
(13-11-2013 01:24 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 12:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Jebus is LARD, not lord.

1) I'm not sending you any PMs, BB. That is a lie.

2) I gave a sermon on Sunday as a lay leader of my congregation. I'm not the pastor of the congregation.

3) You did not give "countless" sources re: prophecy. You gave four. I began discussing how one of your "peer reviewed, scholarly sources" is a revisionist Rabbi who doesn't believe God exists. Sounds unbiased about Christian viewpoints on prophecy to me!

The PM's are not coming from PJ. I did not say they were. His reading comprehension skills are worse than I thought.
He could not lead a troup of Brownies.
I gave MANY more sources than four, he never bothered to click on them.
He has never ONCE attempted ANY refutation of ONE scholarly article, nor has he EVER ONCE demonstrated he could even write one concerning the role of prophesy in the ancient Near East. He has NO converts from TTA, and cannot name or verify ONE. Obviously he continues to be a LIAR FOR JEBUS.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-11-2013, 01:50 PM
(13-11-2013 01:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 01:24 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  1) I'm not sending you any PMs, BB. That is a lie.

The PM's are not coming from PJ. I did not say they were. His reading comprehension skills are worse than I thought.
He has never ONCE attempted ANY refutation of ONE scholarly article, nor has he EVER ONCE demonstrated he could even write one concerning the role of prophesy in the ancient Near East. He has NO converts from TTA, and cannot name or verify ONE. Obviously he continues to be a LIAR FOR JEBUS.

Here's where you are being disingenuous and one-sided. I gave 109 verses with the word salvation in them in the HB when you said salvation was not an Hebraic concept--no reply. Etc, etc. I'd be happy to refute one of your scholarly articles and already asked you to distill the arguments down, so you pick one, whichever you feel is strongest, and I'll address it here.

Thanks.
13-11-2013, 01:53 PM
(13-11-2013 01:50 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 01:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The PM's are not coming from PJ. I did not say they were. His reading comprehension skills are worse than I thought.

Here's where you are being disingenuous and one-sided. I gave 109 verses with the word salvation in them in the HB when you said salvation was not an Hebraic concept--no reply. Etc, etc. I'd be happy to refute one of your scholarly articles and already asked you to distill the arguments down, so you pick one, whichever you feel is strongest, and I'll address it here.

Thanks.

PS. In addition to addressing a scholarly article/paper since you refuse to discuss the topic, I have over a dozen reasons why prophecy is future telling, and cited my sources. To my knowledge, you did not address any of them. I suggest in addition to picking a debate paper for us, you set up a debate thread here on this forum so everyone can track our progress. Thanks.
13-11-2013, 02:02 PM
I will never dignify the fundie far left-field bullshit of prophecy as "fortune-telling", with debating it. No (mainline) scholar pays it even a minutes serious consideration.
I will never be lured down that rabbit hole.
There are countless books and scholarly articles on the subject.
PJ has NEVER ONCE written a paper or serious article on the subject, and in fact does not posses the skills and training to even attempt it, and he has repeatedly demonstrated on TTA.
Converts. Where are the names of all the converts who left TTA ?
Or was he just lying yet again for Jebus ?

13-11-2013, 09:33 PM
This is an important one because Christians genuinely believe it provides objective evidence (remember most don't deal with probabilities). So a people with strong cultural and religious ties whose holy book states the promised land belongs to them, and who have suffered a history of persecution in their new lands, with backing from powerful Christian Zionists (e.g. POTUS Harry Truman) who share a desire to see them in said holy land, make it happen. It would be more surprising if somehow Jews had not returned to Palestine, or that it took so long. The governments of the US, UK and Zionists interests made it happen. Hardly supernatural or prophetic.
14-11-2013, 08:33 AM
It's sad that Christianity teaches people that armageddon is nearNo. It hurts the future so much because it gives people the mentality that they shouldn't care about the future. Because Jebus is coming any minute. That's why I want to see Christianity dead.

On a more serious note, @PleaseJesus, Jesus is not lord, JEBUS IZ LARD. IF U donT BeleEve JEBUS IS LARD hE WilL DAYUMN U TO HAIL!!11!1!1!1!.
14-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Perhaps I should post these in the Real Life debates with theists forum them. Engaging and learning is what its all about I thought. Thats what I'm here to do. I don't have any atheist friends here in the bible belt. This is one of the only places I have to go to "engage" with other non believers and ask what you all who have been in these debates longer than me have to say.

I guess if its tiring, add me to your blocked list too. However, some of the responses I've received here have been a big help. I am thankful for forums like this that I can have conversations with like minded people.

Twitter: @doubtingdragon
http://doubtingdragon.wordpress.com
[+] 1 user Likes DoubtingDragon's post
14-11-2013, 11:25 AM
(13-11-2013 02:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I will never dignify the fundie far left-field bullshit of prophecy as "fortune-telling", with debating it. No (mainline) scholar pays it even a minutes serious consideration.
I will never be lured down that rabbit hole.
There are countless books and scholarly articles on the subject.
PJ has NEVER ONCE written a paper or serious article on the subject, and in fact does not posses the skills and training to even attempt it, and he has repeatedly demonstrated on TTA.
Converts. Where are the names of all the converts who left TTA ?
Or was he just lying yet again for Jebus ?

So you will accuse me of not responding to the scholarly viewpoint yet you don't want to debate the scholarly viewpoint with me? Please explain.

Again, since I have a Bachelor's of Religion, I've had to craft papers on theological subjects and historical subjects. I can post samples if you promise not to plagiarize my work!