Bible Prophecy: Israel becoming a nation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2014, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 04:07 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Bible Prophecy: Israel becoming a nation
(26-08-2014 05:17 AM)Michael1 Wrote:  Atheists say mere people wrote the bible.. Then they have a lot of explaining to do regarding astonishing prophecies of Israel in the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ..

Well, actually let's just take a look at this.
The Second Coming has NOT occurred, (and never will), so I guess that means as of now, there is nothing to even talk about, much less describe as "astonishing" ... what hasn't happened yet, now, is there ? Jesus never told his followers that HE was the content of his preaching. He fulfilled NONE of the tasks a messiah was to complete. He still hasn't. So nothing can refer to him.

Before you ask any question about this (forbidden) divination and sooth-saying and fortune-telling, IF you are going to use it as as criteria for "compelling belief" you must state your threshold. WHAT exactly is the % (percent) success of prophesy that you consider "compels" (or not) belief. 25 ? 50 ? 75 ? At what level do you agree, beforehand to STOP believing, if it can be shown, all this is crap ? Of course there IS no such number, thus YOUR entire argument is made in bad faith. YOU don't even agree to YOUR OWN assumptions, and premises.

All that bolded nonsense could be seen to refer to almost anything.
Michael does not even know what the nature of "Bible prophesy" was, or what the role of a prophet was, (or when that changed, or why it changed).

Michael, I challenge you.
IF I can find an event that has BETTER or equal evidence for it, as the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, do you agree, up front, before-hand, to assent and agree publicly that you believe that it really did indeed occur ?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Failed_biblical_prophecies
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid257278

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I can say for certain now that this is self fulfilling. Seeing as america wants jesus to come back so much they will do anything in their power to make sure it happens.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-08-2014, 03:34 PM
(26-08-2014 05:17 AM)Michael1 Wrote:  This is not going to answer your question.. But it is in the same subject to prophecy in the Bible. Atheists say mere people wrote the bible.. Then they have a lot of explaining to do regarding astonishing prophecies of Israel in the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ..

For instance.. How did Joel know the future Israel will be divided? It is narrated that Jesus will come and fight against Israels enemies all over the Bible.. Who wrote this? A organized crime mob that now control the middle east? I can share with you a lot in regarding Bible prophecy but here is one.

Joel 3 (KJV)
1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,

2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage ISRAEL, whom they have scattered among the nations, and PARTED MY LAND.

3 And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.

4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;

5 Because ye have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my goodly pleasant things:

6 The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border.

7 Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither ye have sold them, and will return your recompence upon your own head:

8 And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the Lord hath spoken it.

9 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:

10 Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.

11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O Lord.

12 Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.

13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.

15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

16 The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

17 So shall ye know that I am the Lord your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth out of the house of the Lord, and shall water the valley of Shittim.

19 Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.

20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.

21 For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the Lord dwelleth in Zion.

See, it is passages such as this that made me become an atheist. Why would God sell off the children and crave war? I mean if he wanted something done he could just do it himself without all of the hate and bloodshed. Clearly he does not love mankind as proposed or he would not want to put them through such things... I know that I don't want any of that for the ones I love. I know this isn't a "scholarly" comment, but even the "unlearned masses" can see when something is filled with hate or filled with love.

Please visit my blog at whatisatheism.blogspot.com.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shawn's post
26-08-2014, 04:33 PM
(13-11-2013 11:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 10:24 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Not only was Israel to be reunified as a Jewish nation but the Bible gives tantalizing details:

http://waitingforjesus.com/1948prophecyfulfilled.html

Moses and Joshua are known by scholars to be myth. They said nothing. Joshua was recognized only by the Northern Kingdom, and not recognized in the South. The KINGDOM was not re-established. Israel is a secular state. NOTHING was "fulfilled". The premise is false. Prophesy was not prediction. You really need an education in your cult, prior to you ignorant rantings.

Most nations celebrate one day in which they were "born" , 4th of July and the like, so almost every country becomes a nation in one day. Recently I read that discussions for an Israeli nation began prior to WW I however the war got in the way as did WW II so discussions ceased for almost two decades. It was a long drawn out process.

Most cultures have a book of prophecy somewhere in their history that everyone oohhs and aaahs over. The Chinese have Tui Bei Tu which predicts the rise of Communism, the invasion of Japan and problems with Russia. Surprise, surprise.

http://www.euro-tongil.org/swedish/engli...hecies.htm

The Hopi Indians have prophecies and one can make it fit into the past and future and if you really think about it, it can fit into Christianity too.

It's all a bunch of mystical bullshit though. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
27-08-2014, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2014 09:11 AM by Bucky Ball.)
BTW, my prophet is better than your prophet. Neener. Neener.
Amos 5:2 "Fallen is (the) Virgin Israel, never to rise again, deserted in her own land, with no one to lift her up."

Never means never.

And "how did Joel know" ?
Duh. Israel was ALREADY divided when Joel wrote his book. That's how he knew.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post