Bible Quotes that are actually Good

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Bible Quotes that are actually Good
Do you have any Bible quotes which are good?

Here, I'll start us off.

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Mathew 6:21
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: Bible Quotes that are actually Good
-The End. xD

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 5 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
04-11-2013, 08:37 PM
(04-11-2013 08:32 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  -The End. xD

RIP thread, you died before I could see you grow up. Dodgy
[+] 5 users Like The_Thinking_Theist's post
04-11-2013, 08:38 PM
(04-11-2013 08:27 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Do you have any Bible quotes which are good?

Here, I'll start us off.

Deuteronomy 22

13 “A man might marry a woman and have sexual relations with her. Then he might decide that he does not like her. 14 He might accuse her of doing wrong and say, ‘I married this woman, but when we had sexual relations, I found she was not a virgin.’ By saying this against her, people might think bad things about her. 15 If this happens, the girl’s father and mother must bring the proof that the girl was a virgin to the town elders at the meeting place of the town. 16 The girl’s father must say to the leaders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man to be his wife, but now he does not want her. 17 This man accused my daughter of doing wrong and said, “I did not find the proof that your daughter is a virgin.” But here is the proof that my daughter was a virgin.’ Then they should show the cloth[d] to the town leaders. 18 Then the leaders of that town must take that man and punish him. 19 They must fine him 40 ounces of silver.[e] They will give the money to the girl’s father because her husband brought shame to an Israelite girl. And the girl will continue to be the man’s wife. He cannot divorce her for the rest of his life.

20 “But what the husband said about his wife might be true. The wife’s parents might not have the proof that she was a virgin. If this happens, 21 the town leaders must bring the girl to the door of her father’s house. Then the men of the town must kill her with stones, because she has done a shameful thing in Israel. She has acted like a prostitute in her father’s house. You must remove this evil from your group.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-11-2013, 08:38 PM
I 'specially like the one where the dumb-shit god makes "the man", (of course designs him for *unknown reasons*), then sets about trying to figure out what to mate him with.

Genesis 2:18-20
The Lord God said : "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a suitable partner for him". So the Lord God formed out of the ground various wild animals, and various birds of the air, and he brought them to the man, to see what he would call them; whatever the man called each of them would be it's name. The man gave names to all the birds of the air, and all the wild animals; but none *proved* to be a suitable partner for the man.

Cough, cough.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:Ezekiel 23:19-20

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

19 Still she kept increasing her whoring, remembering the days when she was young, fornicating in the land of Egypt. 20 Yes, she lusted after their male prostitutes, whose members are like those of donkeys and who ejaculate like stallions.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
04-11-2013, 08:40 PM
(04-11-2013 08:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 08:27 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Do you have any Bible quotes which are good?

Here, I'll start us off.

Deuteronomy 22

13 “A man might marry a woman and have sexual relations with her. Then he might decide that he does not like her. 14 He might accuse her of doing wrong and say, ‘I married this woman, but when we had sexual relations, I found she was not a virgin.’ By saying this against her, people might think bad things about her. 15 If this happens, the girl’s father and mother must bring the proof that the girl was a virgin to the town elders at the meeting place of the town. 16 The girl’s father must say to the leaders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man to be his wife, but now he does not want her. 17 This man accused my daughter of doing wrong and said, “I did not find the proof that your daughter is a virgin.” But here is the proof that my daughter was a virgin.’ Then they should show the cloth[d] to the town leaders. 18 Then the leaders of that town must take that man and punish him. 19 They must fine him 40 ounces of silver.[e] They will give the money to the girl’s father because her husband brought shame to an Israelite girl. And the girl will continue to be the man’s wife. He cannot divorce her for the rest of his life.

20 “But what the husband said about his wife might be true. The wife’s parents might not have the proof that she was a virgin. If this happens, 21 the town leaders must bring the girl to the door of her father’s house. Then the men of the town must kill her with stones, because she has done a shameful thing in Israel. She has acted like a prostitute in her father’s house. You must remove this evil from your group.

Good try, but you didn't get the point. I meant actually *good* quotes that have some kind of meaning. And everyone in the liberal crowd has already heard that one anyway lol.
04-11-2013, 08:42 PM
(04-11-2013 08:40 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 08:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Deuteronomy 22

Good try, but you didn't get the point. I meant actually *good* quotes that have some kind of meaning. And everyone in the liberal crowd has already heard that one anyway lol.

Mark 11:12-14
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Curses a Fig Tree

12 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. 14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.

Cause fuck you tree!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-11-2013, 08:44 PM
(04-11-2013 08:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 08:40 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Good try, but you didn't get the point. I meant actually *good* quotes that have some kind of meaning. And everyone in the liberal crowd has already heard that one anyway lol.

Mark 11:12-14
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Curses a Fig Tree

12 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. 14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.

Cause fuck you tree!

[Image: eiklm.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like The_Thinking_Theist's post
04-11-2013, 08:44 PM
(04-11-2013 08:37 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 08:32 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  -The End. xD

RIP thread, you died before I could see you grow up. Dodgy

I'm pretty sure you saw this coming. Big Grin Maybe not this quick but you did see it coming.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]