Bible Quotes that are actually Good

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: Bible Quotes that are actually Good
(06-11-2013 05:50 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Just some foods for thought on number 2, the first is a little bit of theistic fun.

Why is number 2 food for thought ? I dunno that I'd agree that either of these is that interesting. Too much concerned with woo. Methinks Bible verses that *are* any good are mostly the sorta pithy one-liner phrases that indicate that even though they mighta been nutty people back then were still human and had some bright ideas. Stuff like "How d'ya know if someone's a good guy? Sure as fuck not by listening to him pontificate, only real way to tell is by *what he does*."

i.e. Galatians 5:22-23, slightly paraphrased:
Quote:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2013, 02:12 PM
(06-11-2013 11:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 05:50 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Just some foods for thought on number 2, the first is a little bit of theistic fun.

Why is number 2 food for thought ? I dunno that I'd agree that either of these is that interesting. Too much concerned with woo. Methinks Bible verses that *are* any good are mostly the sorta pithy one-liner phrases that indicate that even though they mighta been nutty people back then were still human and had some bright ideas. Stuff like "How d'ya know if someone's a good guy? Sure as fuck not by listening to him pontificate, only real way to tell is by *what he does*."

i.e. Galatians 5:22-23, slightly paraphrased:
Quote:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I don't see what's so bad about it, but whatever. To each his own.

I love your quote too.
07-11-2013, 04:12 PM
(07-11-2013 02:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I don't see what's so bad about it, but whatever. To each his own.

Yeah, fairy nuff.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-11-2013, 05:35 PM
(07-11-2013 04:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 02:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I don't see what's so bad about it, but whatever. To each his own.

Yeah, fairy nuff.

[Image: ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png]
07-11-2013, 08:07 PM
(07-11-2013 05:35 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 04:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  Yeah, fairy nuff.

[Image: ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png]

You, TTT, are a fucking idiot.

Hippy ass nanzy panzy about everything.

Make up your goddamned mind, God is either real or illusion, pick one cause you can't have both!

Good grief, this place was described perfectly as a madhouse.

More like a cone of ignorance, with Buddhist/Mystic theist fucks.
07-11-2013, 08:12 PM
(07-11-2013 08:07 PM)RBF Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 05:35 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  [Image: ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png]

Make up your goddamned mind, God is either real or illusion, pick one cause you can't have both!

No.

You have no idea what is going on here, do you?
07-11-2013, 08:13 PM
(07-11-2013 08:07 PM)RBF Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 05:35 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  [Image: ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png]

And how did you read my private messages?