Bible Quoting Friends on Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Bible Quoting Friends on Facebook
From a friend's facebook...

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Why? Because if you do lean on your own understanding you'll figure out god is an impossibility?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-10-2013, 10:05 AM
RE: Bible Quoting Friends on Facebook
That's gotta be one of my least favorite quotes there, because it seems to be telling people to remain ignorant and not try to learn about stuff.

I just checked my religious relatives' facebooks just to nauseate myself. Seems they made a pilgrimage to Jerusalem "to see the places that Jesus walked and lived... It makes the Bible come alive."

lolz.

If I go England, would that make the Harry Potter books "come alive"?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like amyb's post
26-10-2013, 10:06 AM
If you come to an opinion on anything, you have leaned on your own understanding (no matter how much or how little you actually understand), regardless of whether you admit it or not. What an arrogant attempt at justifying faith as an alternative to logic.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
26-10-2013, 10:51 AM
I don't have that kind of "facebook friends." Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-10-2013, 10:57 AM
(26-10-2013 10:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't have that kind of "facebook friends." Tongue

I found out last night I have vicarious creationist facebook "friends". That was an hour and a half I'm not getting back.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-10-2013, 10:59 AM
(26-10-2013 10:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't have that kind of "facebook friends." Tongue

Yeah, I actually got rid of most of mine. The only way I can see (and make fun of) my religious relative's posts is by logging into my mom's account (with permission, she wanted me to make an account for her since she's computer-illiterate).

I've had people bitch that I should surround myself with people with "different points of view." WTF? Isn't that every time I leave the house? I see no reason to keep people on my FB whose posts make me want to vomit or at least facepalm. I mean, I do have a couple theists on there, but 2 of them, I have their posts hidden. I also hate friend-collectors who add you and never talk to you, or add you just because you're distant relatives.

But then, I scared off every last one of my distant relatives as soon as they saw the shit I post. Big Grin

Quote:If you come to an opinion on anything, you have leaned on your own understanding (no matter how much or how little you actually understand), regardless of whether you admit it or not. What an arrogant attempt at justifying faith as an alternative to logic.
Yeah, and it even sounds dumb. I've had people IRL tell me I just need to take a "leap of faith." What the fuck for? Why would I do that? If faith is all I've basing it on, what makes them think I'd choose their brand of Christianity instead of any other religion with equally nonexistent evidence? argh.
/rant
26-10-2013, 11:02 AM
" and jesus said unto them... do not think, for you'll stop believing in my bullshit. Submit to all contradictory things which contradict logic and reason. If all else fails, go to church and feed yourself with lots of confirmation bias and pats on the back from other crazy people." Bible logic 10:1

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
26-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately I had to block one of my friends because of her excessive religious posting. And you guys thought farmville messages were annoying.Tongue

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
26-10-2013, 11:45 AM
(26-10-2013 11:43 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Unfortunately I had to block one of my friends because of her excessive religious posting. And you guys thought farmville messages were annoying.Tongue

I tend to just not let those people on my facebook anymore. Problem solved.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
26-10-2013, 11:50 AM
(26-10-2013 11:45 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(26-10-2013 11:43 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Unfortunately I had to block one of my friends because of her excessive religious posting. And you guys thought farmville messages were annoying.Tongue

I tend to just not let those people on my facebook anymore. Problem solved.

Thing is I had no idea this was going to happen after I accept the friend request. Friend in highschool try to reconnect big mistakeTongue Block, Problem solvedBig Grin

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post