Bible Quoting Friends on Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2013, 11:52 AM
RE: Bible Quoting Friends on Facebook
Just today:

Sadly 97% of Facebook users won't repost this. When Jesus died on the cross, He was thinking of you. If you are the 3% who cares, repost and like this. Repost if you love God, he already saw you read it.

And this gem...

Be careful who you trust, remember the devil was once an angel.

Frusty

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-10-2013, 12:05 PM
I have a fb friend that is constantly posting about god, and posting those religiously motivational memes. I would unfriend her, but Dangit, she has so much drama! It's fun to watch
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
26-10-2013, 12:09 PM
(26-10-2013 11:50 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(26-10-2013 11:45 AM)Logisch Wrote:  I tend to just not let those people on my facebook anymore. Problem solved.

Thing is I had no idea this was going to happen after I accept the friend request. Friend in highschool try to reconnect big mistakeTongue Block, Problem solvedBig Grin

I live in a small town. My home town was smaller. Very religious town still. I don't exactly connect well with old classmates lol..

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
26-10-2013, 01:22 PM
(26-10-2013 10:59 AM)amyb Wrote:  
(26-10-2013 10:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't have that kind of "facebook friends." Tongue

I've had people bitch that I should surround myself with people with "different points of view."

Yeah, screw that. My "personal" facebook is there only 'cause I need it to have a "Gwynnies" facebook. I skim it when I'm bored - and that's not the time to talk about god. Big Grin

Someone's gonna get offended, and it ain't gonna be me. Thumbsup

The couple of theists that do show up on my wall don't parrot stupid shit. There's plenty of intelligent theists out there, they just don't seem to be known on facebook. Undecided

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-10-2013, 01:25 PM
I have a number of FB friends from my Xian days, although some have dropped me and others have blocked my posts. I still let their posts through, and I'm even a member of some sort of FB Creationist page that posts wacky stuff about fossils of giant humans and so forth.

Sometimes I'll comment on Xian posts and wind up in a debate, but I usually don't get too down and dirty with them. I figure keeping up with current Xian thought helps keep me on my rational game (such as it is) and also prompts me to do more research.
26-10-2013, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2013 01:34 PM by amyb.)
(26-10-2013 01:22 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Yeah, screw that. My "personal" facebook is there only 'cause I need it to have a "Gwynnies" facebook. I skim it when I'm bored - and that's not the time to talk about god. Big Grin

Someone's gonna get offended, and it ain't gonna be me. Thumbsup

The couple of theists that do show up on my wall don't parrot stupid shit. There's plenty of intelligent theists out there, they just don't seem to be known on facebook. Undecided

In addition to posting hateful shit, my relatives tend to post that god is somehow responsible for everything they do.

"Passed a test. Thank you Jesus!"
"Took a dump. God is great!"

Quote:Sometimes I'll comment on Xian posts and wind up in a debate, but I usually don't get too down and dirty with them. I figure keeping up with current Xian thought helps keep me on my rational game (such as it is) and also prompts me to do more research.
I don't do that anymore because the people that were on my f list didn't know how to debate, and that's annoying. It's just a long list of logical fallacies. If I want to debate, I'll either come here or go to my own forum.

That sort of thing, and it's annoying to read it. But I mostly de-friended them for posting racist and homophobic stuff.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
26-10-2013, 03:22 PM
(26-10-2013 09:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  From a friend's facebook...

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Why? Because if you do lean on your own understanding you'll figure out god is an impossibility?
Brainwashing is the most effective when you ignore your own understanding.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
26-10-2013, 08:22 PM
If I mark a fb friend as wanting to see "only important" posts, I find that I no longer see any of their posts at all.
I've had a couple that posted almost 90% of their content as religious messages, 10 times or more a day.
I still have them as friends so I can send them messages or so they can send me messages but their day to day postings don't get through.

Anyone else who might post something every so often I just mark as spam and it's removed from my feed.

If I found out that anyone on my friends list was a creationist I would defriend them instantly and tell them why I can no longer be friends with someone so utterly ignorant.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
26-10-2013, 08:32 PM
(26-10-2013 01:30 PM)amyb Wrote:  In addition to posting hateful shit, my relatives tend to post that god is somehow responsible for everything they do.

"Passed a test. Thank you Jesus!"
"Took a dump. God is great!"

Very true...

I have a friend who recently observed that every time she prays before an exam she gets 100%. Never mind that by "every time" she's only talking about the last two tests she took. I just can't figure out why she spends so much time studying if all she has to do is say a prayer.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
26-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Bible Quoting Friends on Facebook
You could counter by posting the verses where god gets pissed and orders the Jews to kill everyone.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
[+] 1 user Likes Crimson Flyboy's post