Bible Salesman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 10:30 AM by f stop.)
Bible Salesman
I'm giving some thought to a small business venture, videlicet, selling Bibles on the internet. Obviously there's plenty of competition in that product but I have an idea (which I will not divulge here) that would make my Bible unique. I've found several printers that will print small quantities, 100 or less. I doubt that I could sell them for more than $20 so my cost would have to be around $10, otherwise I could not make a profit.

My son says that this idea is unethical because I don't subscribe to what's in the Bible. I say I don't like liver or broccoli, but if I owned a restaurant it would not be unethical to include these items on the menu. Any thoughts?

Humans arrived on Earth on 22 October 4004 B.C. A few of us are still trying to repair the ship.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: Bible Salesman
o---kay
18-04-2013, 08:19 PM
(18-04-2013 03:31 PM)f stop Wrote:  undefined
I have no idea why the post didn't take.Huh

Humans arrived on Earth on 22 October 4004 B.C. A few of us are still trying to repair the ship.
19-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Got the OP fixed.

20-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Is it unethical? I don't know. I'm not really the one to be commenting on ethics. However. If you want to make some money off the stupidity of others then go right ahead as it's A-OKAY in my books.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
21-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Would you be harming society by selling your unique bible?
21-04-2013, 09:42 AM
I doubt it could be much more ridiculous than any other religious text.

I love money enough to consider this idea, there might just be a profit to be made here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-04-2013, 02:14 PM
(21-04-2013 09:37 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Would you be harming society by selling your unique bible?
I don't see how. I someone is set on buying a bible I think mine would be a better deal.

(21-04-2013 09:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I doubt it could be much more ridiculous than any other religious text.

I love money enough to consider this idea, there might just be a profit to be made here.
I don't plan on changing the text, just the packaging.

21-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Don't see why when you sell a book that you have to agree with what's inside it...
[+] 2 users Like Atheist in Westeros's post
21-04-2013, 03:11 PM
No, acually this is really intriguing. On one side, you got the chance to make money out selling silly fariytale books. On the other side, the more books you sell the more you help spreading the plauge of sillyness among people around the world. Hmmm, it would make more sense if you renamed yourself "Darth F Stop", then you can make it seem like a evil plot to gain money and control.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be a great sithlord.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post