Bible and Bats

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
24-08-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: Bible and Bats
(24-08-2013 05:46 AM)Raiz Wrote:  wow cheers you lot...

So I will add this to my limited refuting armoury on the basis that the book is the word of god (the creator) and he, or she should know.

Should know what?

The difference between a bat and a bird scientifically speaking; arranged by scientists thousands of years later?

Of course He does.

But why would He speak to the people of that time in any other "language" but their own?

BECAUSE IT'S CORRECT AND GOD SHOULD BE CORRECT!!!

...amirite?

Right according to what, though? Some man made system that was created centuries down the road? Think about this... God WAS correct according to their man-made system of the time. It has ZERO to do with science and everything to do language and communication.

The Bible was never written as a science bok nor was it ever meant as one. It's a guide and story book for the chosen.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2013, 08:13 AM
(24-08-2013 08:11 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-08-2013 05:46 AM)Raiz Wrote:  wow cheers you lot...

So I will add this to my limited refuting armoury on the basis that the book is the word of god (the creator) and he, or she should know.

Should know what?

The difference between a bat and a bird scientifically speaking; arranged by scientists thousands of years later?

Of course He does.

But why would He speak to the people of that time in any other "language" but their own?

BECAUSE IT'S CORRECT AND GOD SHOULD BE CORRECT!!!

...amirite?

Right according to what, though? Some man made system that was created centuries down the road? Think about this... God WAS correct according to their man-made system of the time. It has ZERO to do with science and everything to do language and communication.

The Bible was never written as a science bok nor was it ever meant as one. It's a guide and story book for the chosen.

No, it's a collection of myths and tracts with an agenda. It is demonstrably a product of its times and cultures.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2013, 09:52 AM
(24-08-2013 08:11 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  God WAS correct according to their man-made system of the time. ...

Sure. But He needn't've been.

Otherwise unobtainable knowledge of the world - even free of context, only to be verified and understood later - would be incomparably compelling evidence of some outside inspiration. There is none.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user