Bible as the most reliable ancient text

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2017, 09:23 PM
RE: Bible as the most reliable ancient text
Quote:the New Testament in the most reliable ancient document ever.

You are dealing with a fucking moron who has no clue what he is talking about. Such people are beyond hope.

The NT is a largely forged pile of shit. He will never believe that. though. You should read Richard Carrier's "On The Historicity of Jesus." It will assist you but do not expect that moron to go anywhere near it.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
22-10-2017, 10:01 PM
If the NT is "reliable", then whoever finds that to be unquestionably true, need have no faith. If they have proof of something, faith is not required, (and they're not "saved by faith". Sure hope they get 'saved by works".
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-10-2017, 12:49 AM
Who cares if it's reliable, anyway? Someone may talk very accurately about whatever subjects they like, and I could develop a general trust that they know their stuff; but the second they start talking about angels, resurrections, voices from God and such, they lose my confidence. They're most likely delusional or making things up.

Knowledge about the ordinary in no way implies knowledge about the extraordinary. It's the appeal to authority fallacy. No one is an authority on things that haven't even been shown to be real yet. To think otherwise is just gullibility, or affirming what you want to be true.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
23-10-2017, 02:06 AM
(16-06-2013 01:45 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  In an ongoing debate with a Christian...

As the others guys have said, there's really no point in "debating" this sort of stuff with a religious zealot. You'll never, ever prove your point from an atheistic perspective.

This is one of the reasons I gave up any attempts to have logical debates with theists years ago; you'll get more pleasure from banging your head against a brick wall. Frusty

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Most reliable ancient text?
Isn't that a bit like comparing the Flintstone Mobile to a modern cars?

[Image: flintstonesmobilegermany.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
23-10-2017, 07:27 AM
(23-10-2017 06:59 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Most reliable ancient text?

I understand that the Flintstones are regarded as a Documentary by creationists. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
23-10-2017, 07:35 AM
(23-10-2017 06:59 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Most reliable ancient text?

Extremely reliable.
  • Engine will never fail
  • Brakes will never fail
  • Air condition will never fail
  • Body wont rust away in 10-20y, can last up to hundreds of years
  • Airbags will never fail
  • Power steering will never fail
  • No flat tires, evah

The bible is indeed like a flintstone car. It will probably outlast (and already has) any other, better, car.

...but its a horrible car in general. It has none of the features all other, real, cars have. It sucks at being a car.
...and only people like Barney or Fred would rely on such a car (no offense to Fred and Barney, still luv em, but at least they fit to their car in that they are form the same era and they cant possibly have a better car, unlike our ignorant friend here).

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
23-10-2017, 07:50 AM
The only thing that rose from the dead here is this thread.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
23-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Drive by theist?

I find it odd to hear the Bible is the most reliable ancient text, when we know it has been altered. Meanwhile we have ancient tax receipts.
23-10-2017, 08:24 AM
(22-10-2017 05:48 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  There you go, folks, meet my cousins. Facepalm

Incest does that to people. Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce