Bible explanations \ Guide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Bible explanations \ Guide
I saw this question an another website & i thought i would give it a shot here. Does anyone know of any good phone or tablet apps that would have the entire king James bible both old & new testaments with explanations of text,maps, historical contradictions, etc? i would love to have something like this if it exists because every time i go to read the bible i'm confused by the language that is being used. I miss out on some of the contradictions because i'm not aware of what the text is actually saying. I do know about the skeptics annotated bible but i'm curious if there are any others around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Bible explanations \ Guide
Dont need that stuff.

Just remember the worst parts within the book.

A christian believes it all to be true so you can smack him with the worst parts and he cant simply shrug them off, because then he could disregard pritty much anything in the book.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
05-01-2014, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 10:05 PM by docskeptic.)
Sovby,
I recommend the Olive Tree app. It runs on both iPod and iPad and they have an Android app as well. It is a Christian Bible Study app that is very rich in resources. I use it extensively and I find it well designed and easy to use. There are both paid and free resources within the app. Among the free resources are multiple versions of the entire Bible including NIV, KJV, NKJV, Greek and Latin versions. I strongly recommend the Hawaiian Pidgin New Testament! Please also look for an old version of the ISBE which I find is still an extraordinary mine of information.

Please note that these are not atheist resources but are still an excellent way to "know thine enemy".

Regards,

Doc
06-01-2014, 03:11 AM
*nevermind*

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
06-01-2014, 04:40 AM
(05-01-2014 08:56 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  A christian believes it all to be true so you can smack him with the worst parts and he cant simply shrug them off, because then he could disregard pritty much anything in the book.
I don't think that's an accurate view; many Christians interpret the book of Genesis, for example, metaphorically. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]