Bible prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 05:43 AM
RE: Bible prophecy
(29-01-2013 05:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you want it to stop all that is required is a small fall and sudden sharp hault.
Huh "What's a hault Daddy?"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 05:43 AM
Jesus will send you back?

Neat party trick, give it a go.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
29-01-2013, 05:44 AM
(29-01-2013 05:43 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you want it to stop all that is required is a small fall and sudden sharp hault.
it's halt spelt with a 'u'... duh.

29-01-2013, 05:46 AM
(29-01-2013 05:43 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
Oh, never mind, I looked it up:

Pronunciation: hạlt

a.
Lofty; haughty.
How does it apply to your request?
29-01-2013, 05:47 AM
(29-01-2013 05:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:43 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Huh "What's a hault Daddy?"
it's halt spelt with a 'u'... duh.
You sure are confusing Daddy? Sadcryface
29-01-2013, 05:48 AM
(29-01-2013 05:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Jesus will send you back?

Didnt you read my post? I already did. Angel
29-01-2013, 05:48 AM
(29-01-2013 05:46 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:43 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Huh "What's a hault Daddy?"
Oh, never mind, I looked it up:

Pronunciation: hạlt

a.
Lofty; haughty.
How does it apply to your request?

Sorry, forgot you make Birdman look like Einstein.

The whole sentence refers to you hanging yourself.

29-01-2013, 05:49 AM
(29-01-2013 05:48 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Jesus will send you back?

Didnt you read my post? I already did. Angel
No you didn't.

Do it again to prove it.

29-01-2013, 05:57 AM
(29-01-2013 03:03 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 09:10 PM)FlyingPizzaMonster Wrote:  In Luke 21 Jesus gave a detailed account of the end times and the second coming and in Luke 21:32 he said:

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled."

That was almost 2000 years ago. Everyone who was listening is long dead.

Wow, finally a guy with a pertinent question. How refreshing. Thanks.

See, this is why we always say that atheists dont understand the meaning of Scripture verses. Yours is an easy misunderstanding of what was said. You don't understand the context. No shame in that. That's why Christians study and ponder the Bible in a prayerful manner.

Most scholars equate Matt 24-25, Mark 13 and Luke 21:5-36 beginning in verse 5 as being the same. Luke’s account is the only one that deals with the disciples’ first question, “When will these things happen?” It concerned His prophecy that the Temple would be destroyed.

After opening with a general comment on the End Times, He brought them back to the 1st Century in verses 12-24 before concluding with an End Times summary. Your interpretation of that part of the Luke passage is correct. But notice how He also used the phrase “this generation” in Luke 21:32 within the framework of the End Times.

In Matthew’s account, the phrase “this generation” is only used in speaking of of the End Times. Beginning in Matt. 24:15 Jesus spoke of an Abomination of Desolation yet to come, and in verse 21 said that it would signal the beginning of the Great Tribulation. In verses 29-30 he said that after the Great Tribulation ended, the people of earth would see the sign of the Son of Man in the sky, followed by His 2nd Coming. Then He said that this generation would not pass away until all these things have happened. Matt. 24:34

Here, the phrase “this generation” refers to the generation being born at the time when the End Times signs begin. His point was that all the End Times prophecies will be fulfilled within the lifetimes of the generation being born when they begin.

God bless you.
So the End Times will occur during the lifetimes of people who are born during the time when the End Times will occur?

What a stunningly precise and accurate prediction! It's actually a really clever way to phrase it because that way even when every prediction ever made fails, when humanity is destroyed either via climate change or when the Sun expands or through whatever other means it happens, just before the final moment the fundies can shout "SEE! WE TOLD YOU SO" despite never predicting anything of the sort.
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehog648's post
29-01-2013, 06:24 AM
(29-01-2013 04:49 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:59 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You said you wanted an atheist with an open mind? You've got one. I think I have made a pretty decent job with a response here.

My pseudo-tactical look at what you propose:

Israel already had a war with it's neighbour nations (Actually, Israel has been at war with most of the Arab states at least 4 times at once, not to mention the conflicts with individual nations) Have you ever heard of the Six-Day War, by chance? Or the War of Independence (1948 Arab-Israeli War)? The Yom kippur War (1973 Arab-Israeli War)? The Suez Crisis? Why did this prophecy not come about during anyone of those, perfect opportunities?

While there is the wide-held suspicion, it have never been confirmed to my knowledge that Israel is capable of launching the necessary amount of nuclear weapons to destroy Damascus or wipe out Syria or any other nation or state unless the nation/state in question was supremely small. Small scale nuclear weapons are an almost certainty, but not enough to essentially level or even cripple an entire nation. Besides, the Israel would then have to deal with Nuclear weapons being flung directly at it.

And about Russia et al. invading Israel. Why? If anybody in Russia ever had thoughts in that direction, they would have sacked it directly after the Six-Day War, when it was weakened. The loss of troops and resources for Russia et al. would be too great an expense, unless of course they were sacking the Vatican at the same time, only got the Swiss Guard to deal with there. And frankly, I'd be laughing if Ethiopia ever tried anything against Israel; they have more men by a considerable factor, but lack the machines to fight with, the money to fund with, and the resources to repair and refit with. They'd probably be fighting Armour Divisions of Merkara's with men on foot armed with rifles within a year and a half if they weren't careful.

Also, how would the Russia et al. coalition even form? They have no significant military treaties with each other, Russia certainly has nothing to gain by invading Israel, the other nations have only ruination to look forward to.

Even with current tensions in the M.E., the situation you set out is simply absurd; Absurd to the point of impossibility. There is absolutely no point, nobody would win and everybody knows it. The closest you are going to get is the Iran-Israel war that Israel and Iran have been gearing up for for the last, what, few decades now? Which might just spark this year.
Okay,Free Thought, you've given your opinion on the matter and now we just sit back and wait and see if I'm the fool or you are. I may be gone in a year but if I am you can just write a retrospective on my absurdity if it doesnt happen. If it does, no need for you to apologise, I'll be in Heaven. God bless you. Angel

[Image: hmX22cF.png]

I've come to expect less from your ilk.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.