Bible prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: Bible prophecy
(28-01-2013 06:26 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 06:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Is there a Plan B this time ? Weeping

"You shall not practice divination or soothsaying." (Leviticus 19:26)
"When you enter the land that the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not learn to imitate the abhorrent practices of the nations. Let no one be found among you who...is an auger, a soothsayer, a diviner, a sorceror, one casts spells.....For anyone who does these things is abhorrent to the LORD..." (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)Oopsy.
Dont need one Bucky Wucky but your Scriptures are irrelvant as those were commandments of God. Only God's prophets could prophesy. You arent very good at understanding the Bible are you?
The Deuteronomy quote said "anyone". It did not say "anyone except God's prophets".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 06:35 PM
(28-01-2013 06:32 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 06:26 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Dont need one Bucky Wucky but your Scriptures are irrelvant as those were commandments of God. Only God's prophets could prophesy. You arent very good at understanding the Bible are you?
The Deuteronomy quote said "anyone". It did not say "anyone except God's prophets".
Read the whole verses and understand the context Sweetie. Oh, that's right. You cant understand Holy Scripture, sorry, guess you're out of luck.
28-01-2013, 06:37 PM
(28-01-2013 06:18 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Bloviation again. Your opinion and irrelevant. Cant you do better than this? No

Deflecting questions again.

Are your belief's really that weak that anything that even remotely leads to the possibility of you questioning it you need to deflect them instead of answering them?
28-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Let me tell a story. Once upon a time there was a lonely guy who wanted to find some friends. He found some friends and lived happily ever after.

Now what's the difference between that story and what Tricky Dick posted?

The one I told has a happy ending and a 180,000% chance of coming true

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DeathsNotoriousAngel's post
28-01-2013, 07:00 PM
(28-01-2013 05:17 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 05:12 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Sorry, but you're completely forgetting the basics.

Some people believe there are prophesies in the Bible and some people don't. That one fact alone is enough to disprove your claim.

Why?

Because, IF there was a god that wanted us to know something of the future, he would make sure we knew. Plain and simple. There would be no ambiguous, confusing book to interpret and conclude that the words are prophecies foretelling the events you just claimed. No, if a god wanted us to know the future, then we ALL would KNOW without any doubt. A god who could do anything wouldn't do anything half-assed.
BLOVIATION. Tongue

Funny, that was just the word I was thinking of using to describe your original post. You of course will disagree with that description just as I do with your use of it in regard to my post. Talk to me at the end of the year and we'll see who was right. (Hint: It'll be me. Tongue )

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
28-01-2013, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2013 07:42 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-01-2013 06:35 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 06:32 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  The Deuteronomy quote said "anyone". It did not say "anyone except God's prophets".
Read the whole verses and understand the context Sweetie. Oh, that's right. You cant understand Holy Scripture, sorry, guess you're out of luck.
Guess you never knew about it, (sooth-saying), until the atheists told you about it. The Bible made no exception for "god's prophets", as obviously there was no distinction made, as "prophesy as sooth-saying" had not been cooked up yet. As I explained above, a "prophet" was not a "fortune-teller", in Hebrew culture, which you obviously never studied. So, you just made that up, Tricky Dick. So, now context has all of a sudden become important. Funny you never mentioned that when you were spouting your predictions, doing your sooth-saying, againt the word of your god. I see you're leaving. I knew you were too chicken to stick around and see if they came true. How common. Oh well. The theist du jour. Have a deluded life. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-01-2013, 07:50 PM
(28-01-2013 07:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 06:35 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Read the whole verses and understand the context Sweetie. Oh, that's right. You cant understand Holy Scripture, sorry, guess you're out of luck.
Guess you never knew about it, (sooth-saying), until the atheists told you about it. The Bible made no exception for "god's prophets", as obviously there was no distinction made, as "prophesy as sooth-saying" had not been cooked up yet. As I explained above, a "prophet" was not a "fortune-teller", in Hebrew culture, which you obviously never studied. So, you just made that up, Tricky Dick. So, now context has all of a sudden become important. Funny you never mentioned that when you were spouting your predictions, doing your sooth-saying, againt the word of your god. I see you're leaving. I knew you were too chicken to stick around and see if they came true. How common. Oh well. The theist du jour. Have a deluded life. Drinking Beverage
I'm still here Buckaroo. Took my meds and feeling better. I'm not in a sarcastic mood so I'ma talk nice to you right now, dunno about later, these mood swings get really wacky. Actually, you're wrong about no exception but we'll deal with that when I have the time to look stuff up. I'm quite aware of what a Hebrew prophet was. No, I make nothing up but it's ok if you want to believe that. If I can, I'll hang around for a year to try to satisfy you. I have brain probs so I hope you'll be patient with my mood swings and any crazy stuff I say, I mean really way out wacky stuff. The big A has some weird effects. I'm gonna do some research and when I come back hope to have whatever it is you want. Sorry, brain farts again.
28-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Canada will attack the US within the next 6 month(this is why the vast majority of Canadians live next to the border). the Canadians with their full population of some 35 mill will storm the US wtih hunting rifles, lumberjack axes and seal clubs. the Americans will never see it comming and the Canadians will conquor all northern states as well as California. but with their great might the Americans will make a stand and stop the Canadians dead in their tracks. but when the Americans implement their plan to push the Canadians back Cmdr Chris Hadfeild of ISS who is actually an advanced peice of tech designed to transfotm the ISS into a giant laser cannon will spring into action destroying all of Americas military might. the Canadian forces will then conquor the rest of the nation.
then camps will set up for all Americans shorter than 5ft 5in as well as those with one eyebrow. all those involved in American idol and reality TV in general will be executed. then the Mexicans will offer the Canadians 100 million cases of beer for Texas and 2 million tons of weed for New Mexico. Canada will agree but will demand only Canadian beer and weed. Mexico will purchace the two states for the equivalent. Mexico now knowing Canada is drunk and stoned will make its move. with ISS neutralized as Hadfeild was designed for one attack there will be nothing standing in the way. Mexico with its secret arsinal of a trillion nukes will demand control of the world but will allow Canada to remain soverign. this will usher in a new world order where all will have to either dress like Cheech or say "eh" at the end of all sentences or be publically executed.
see i can make up bullshit too only i think my bullshit is more intresting and fun.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
28-01-2013, 07:54 PM
(28-01-2013 07:50 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Canada will attack the US within the next 6 month(this is why the vast majority of Canadians live next to the border). the Canadians with their full population of some 35 mill will storm the US wtih hunting rifles, lumberjack axes and seal clubs. the Americans will never see it comming and the Canadians will conquor all northern states as well as California. but with their great might the Americans will make a stand and stop the Canadians dead in their tracks. but when the Americans implement their plan to push the Canadians back Cmdr Chris Hadfeild of ISS who is actually an advanced peice of tech designed to transfotm the ISS into a giant laser cannon will spring into action destroying all of Americas military might. the Canadian forces will then conquor the rest of the nation.
then camps will set up for all Americans shorter than 5ft 5in as well as those with one eyebrow. all those involved in American idol and reality TV in general will be executed. then the Mexicans will offer the Canadians 100 million cases of beer for Texas and 2 million tons of weed for New Mexico. Canada will agree but will demand only Canadian beer and weed. Mexico will purchace the two states for the equivalent. Mexico now knowing Canada is drunk and stoned will make its move. with ISS neutralized as Hadfeild was designed for one attack there will be nothing standing in the way. Mexico with its secret arsinal of a trillion nukes will demand control of the world but will allow Canada to remain soverign. this will usher in a new world order where all will have to either dress like Cheech or say "eh" at the end of all sentences or be publically executed.
see i can make up bullshit too only i think my bullshit is more intresting and fun.
Cool story, bro. Big Grin
28-01-2013, 07:57 PM
(28-01-2013 07:50 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 07:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Guess you never knew about it, (sooth-saying), until the atheists told you about it. The Bible made no exception for "god's prophets", as obviously there was no distinction made, as "prophesy as sooth-saying" had not been cooked up yet. As I explained above, a "prophet" was not a "fortune-teller", in Hebrew culture, which you obviously never studied. So, you just made that up, Tricky Dick. So, now context has all of a sudden become important. Funny you never mentioned that when you were spouting your predictions, doing your sooth-saying, againt the word of your god. I see you're leaving. I knew you were too chicken to stick around and see if they came true. How common. Oh well. The theist du jour. Have a deluded life. Drinking Beverage
I'm still here Buckaroo. Took my meds and feeling better. I'm not in a sarcastic mood so I'ma talk nice to you right now, dunno about later, these mood swings get really wacky. Actually, you're wrong about no exception but we'll deal with that when I have the time to look stuff up. I'm quite aware of what a Hebrew prophet was. No, I make nothing up but it's ok if you want to believe that. If I can, I'll hang around for a year to try to satisfy you. I have brain probs so I hope you'll be patient with my mood swings and any crazy stuff I say, I mean really way out wacky stuff. The big A has some weird effects. I'm gonna do some research and when I come back hope to have whatever it is you want. Sorry, brain farts again.

We've heard all of this prophecy stuff over and over. We've debunked it over an over. You're not saying anything new here, and won't sway anyone.

What is your point?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user