Bible prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Bible prophecy
(28-01-2013 07:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 06:35 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Read the whole verses and understand the context Sweetie. Oh, that's right. You cant understand Holy Scripture, sorry, guess you're out of luck.
Guess you never knew about it, (sooth-saying), until the atheists told you about it. The Bible made no exception for "god's prophets", as obviously there was no distinction made, as "prophesy as sooth-saying" had not been cooked up yet. As I explained above, a "prophet" was not a "fortune-teller", in Hebrew culture, which you obviously never studied. So, you just made that up, Tricky Dick. So, now context has all of a sudden become important. Funny you never mentioned that when you were spouting your predictions, doing your sooth-saying, againt the word of your god. I see you're leaving. I knew you were too chicken to stick around and see if they came true. How common. Oh well. The theist du jour. Have a deluded life. Drinking Beverage
This is what God said about prophets: If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come
true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken
presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him. Deuteronomy 18:22
And again: Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name,
and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land;
By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed. Jeremiah 14:15
Well, my brain is going out again. I'm sorry dude, with this mental deficiency I'm just not up to this. I can remember what I've learned through my life but I cant find it in the Bible and I get real tired when I try, so I guess its best if I really do leave. I shouldnt have come here in the first place. I'm not qualified to debate with you guys. Sorry I fizzled out. I hope you have a good life and I wish you the best.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 08:46 PM
[Image: dog-dude-wait-what.jpeg]

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 4 users Like Phaedrus's post
28-01-2013, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2013 09:17 PM by FlyingPizzaMonster.)
In Luke 21 Jesus gave a detailed account of the end times and the second coming and in Luke 21:32 he said:
"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled."

That was almost 2000 years ago. Everyone who was listening is long dead.
[+] 1 user Likes FlyingPizzaMonster's post
28-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Hmmmm....Circular Reasoning, dodging questions, accusing atheists of ignorance......Ray Comfort? Is that you?

[Image: 1229591337-1-1.jpg?t=1348531853]
28-01-2013, 10:05 PM
(28-01-2013 08:19 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 07:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come
true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken
presumptuously.
That's what they all say.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
28-01-2013, 10:16 PM
And here we go again.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
29-01-2013, 03:03 AM
(28-01-2013 09:10 PM)FlyingPizzaMonster Wrote:  In Luke 21 Jesus gave a detailed account of the end times and the second coming and in Luke 21:32 he said:
"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled."

That was almost 2000 years ago. Everyone who was listening is long dead.
Wow, finally a guy with a pertinent question. How refreshing. Thanks.
See, this is why we always say that atheists dont understand the meaning of Scripture verses. Yours is an easy misunderstanding of what was said. You don't understand the context. No shame in that. That's why Christians study and ponder the Bible in a prayerful manner.
Most scholars equate Matt 24-25, Mark 13 and Luke 21:5-36 beginning in verse 5 as being the same. Luke’s account is the only one that deals with the disciples’ first question, “When will these things happen?” It concerned His prophecy that the Temple would be destroyed.
After opening with a general comment on the End Times, He brought them back to the 1st Century in verses 12-24 before concluding with an End Times summary. Your interpretation of that part of the Luke passage is correct. But notice how He also used the phrase “this generation” in Luke 21:32 within the framework of the End Times.
In Matthew’s account, the phrase “this generation” is only used in speaking of of the End Times. Beginning in Matt. 24:15 Jesus spoke of an Abomination of Desolation yet to come, and in verse 21 said that it would signal the beginning of the Great Tribulation. In verses 29-30 he said that after the Great Tribulation ended, the people of earth would see the sign of the Son of Man in the sky, followed by His 2nd Coming. Then He said that this generation would not pass away until all these things have happened. Matt. 24:34
Here, the phrase “this generation” refers to the generation being born at the time when the End Times signs begin. His point was that all the End Times prophecies will be fulfilled within the lifetimes of the generation being born when they begin.
God bless you.
29-01-2013, 03:08 AM
(28-01-2013 10:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And here we go again.

No Non-sequitor.
29-01-2013, 03:08 AM
(28-01-2013 10:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's what they all say.

No Non-sequitor.
29-01-2013, 03:09 AM
(28-01-2013 10:05 PM)JianBlade Wrote:  Hmmmm....Circular Reasoning, dodging questions, accusing atheists of ignorance......Ray Comfort? Is that you?
Thumbsup Tit for tat.