Bible prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Bible prophecy
(28-01-2013 05:10 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 05:03 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  While I admit to not reading it all, I think I should clarify what I was asking.

You gave a pretty specific set of events in this topic. They were not mentioned in the link you gave (or at least using the find tool to look for mentions of Syria, Ethiopia and Russia yielded no results each time).

Where exactly in the Bible does it say that those events will happen? As in which verse of which chapter of which book?
Hedgehog, I appreciate your asking in a nice way. Everything that God has prophecied is in various places in the Bible and take studying by an expert Bible teacher. I've read what the teachers said, verified what they've said with the Scriptures and with the wisdom the Holy Spirit gave me, believed them. I have been studying Bible Prophecy since 1974 and have read so much it would fill a small library. If you sincerely want to know where these things are, all I can do is point you in the right direction. I doubt if you really want to know cuz if you are an atheist you are just looking for points to argue against.
I tire easily and have Atzheimers. If you really want to know, I will point you in the right direction.
Then go ahead. I do not know you or your track record well enough to take you at your word, and I will probably disagree with your interpretation - but if you want anyone to believe you here you will need to do more than just say what you believe and leave it at that.

You will need to show us which parts of the Bible you refer to that prophecy these things, why you (or others) have interpreted them in this way, and it wouldn't hurt to prove that God exists while you are at it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 05:17 PM
(28-01-2013 05:12 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 03:29 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Just in case there is anyone here that actually IS a thinking atheist (which to a guy like me sounds like an oxymoron) I'm going to tell you something that was written in the Bible over 2000 years ago and which many (not all, cuz all Christians dont care about Bible prophecy) Christians believe is going to happen this year.
God prophecied that Israel would be attacked by all of her neighbors, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, the "Palestinians" and Egypt and that Israel would defeat them in a short war, nuking Damascus, Syria, and would take the lands of their neighbors as the spoils of war. No other nation will intervene in this war and Israel will emerge the richest, strongest nation in the Middle East.
She will then take down her walls and Jews from all around the world will return to Israel, as her size will be increased dramatically. There will be no "two state solution" because there will be no more "Palestine", a nation that never existed. Soon after, Russia, Iran, Turkey, Libya, Sudan and Ethiopia will invade Israel. The UN nations will be screaming "What the hell are you doing?" but they wont care. Russia wants Israels riches and the others want to destroy the Jews. They will get as far as the mountains of Israel and God will confuse them and they will fight eachother, destroying each others armies.
Now, I've told you this. You will laugh and ridicule me but that's fine. You WILL see it happen this year. If you still are too pig-headed to investigate God or Bible prophecy then that's your problem, you will just be pounding another nail into your casket. There are so many more prophecies about the next seven years that I could go on all night but if you dont believe these then it would be dumb to tell you more. If there is just one atheist out there that has an open mind, I would be glad to talk to you about Bible prophecy becuase it's all happening in the next seven years and it affects you. I wont be here much longer.
Sorry, but you're completely forgetting the basics.

Some people believe there are prophesies in the Bible and some people don't. That one fact alone is enough to disprove your claim.

Why?

Because, IF there was a god that wanted us to know something of the future, he would make sure we knew. Plain and simple. There would be no ambiguous, confusing book to interpret and conclude that the words are prophecies foretelling the events you just claimed. No, if a god wanted us to know the future, then we ALL would KNOW without any doubt. A god who could do anything wouldn't do anything half-assed.
BLOVIATION. Tongue
28-01-2013, 05:19 PM
(28-01-2013 05:16 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 05:10 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Hedgehog, I appreciate your asking in a nice way. Everything that God has prophecied is in various places in the Bible and take studying by an expert Bible teacher. I've read what the teachers said, verified what they've said with the Scriptures and with the wisdom the Holy Spirit gave me, believed them. I have been studying Bible Prophecy since 1974 and have read so much it would fill a small library. If you sincerely want to know where these things are, all I can do is point you in the right direction. I doubt if you really want to know cuz if you are an atheist you are just looking for points to argue against.
I tire easily and have Atzheimers. If you really want to know, I will point you in the right direction.
Then go ahead. I do not know you or your track record well enough to take you at your word, and I will probably disagree with your interpretation - but if you want anyone to believe you here you will need to do more than just say what you believe and leave it at that.

You will need to show us which parts of the Bible you refer to that prophecy these things, why you (or others) have interpreted them in this way, and it wouldn't hurt to prove that God exists while you are at it.
Then dont take me at my word. I dont care if you disagree. I dont care if anyone believes me.
I dont need to show you anything. I dont have to prove God exists. Anything else?
28-01-2013, 05:22 PM
(28-01-2013 05:14 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 05:07 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  So you don't have any opinions of your own? You have repeatedly while on this forum talked about how atheists do not think, and yet here you are saying that you believe everything you are told by one man and certain websites.

That is not thinking.
I thought you werent an atheist? Do you believe in things you read? If my opinions coincide with someone that did all the talking bef9ore me, why do you have a problem with me using it. I didnt think it would take long for you to change your tune. I was right. Now, the insults are coming. I'll quit being nice.

Well, I thought I was answering KC. Hedghog, if you dont like what I say then stick it where the sun dont shine. I really dont care.
I am an atheist, and I was not insulting you, though you have given me many reasons to do so.

I believe things I read if evidence that those things are true is presented. There are sources I trust to be correct more than others yes, but if someone else were to show them to be wrong I would change my mind.

I know you were talking to KC, however since you were addressing everyone when you said earlier that you think the term "thinking atheist" to be an oxymoron, your statement seemed odd to me. If you take a man's word without asking for proof of any kind then that is not thinking, that is faith. So why did you insult us by saying we cannot think when you take your information on faith?
28-01-2013, 05:24 PM
(28-01-2013 05:19 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 05:16 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  Then go ahead. I do not know you or your track record well enough to take you at your word, and I will probably disagree with your interpretation - but if you want anyone to believe you here you will need to do more than just say what you believe and leave it at that.

Then dont take me at my word. I dont care if you disagree. I dont care if anyone believes me.
I dont need to show you anything. I dont have to prove God exists. Anything else?
If you don't care, then why did you post this topic in the first place? I was under the impression you were trying to convert us, or at the very least warn us of impending doom.
28-01-2013, 05:28 PM
(28-01-2013 05:24 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 05:19 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Then dont take me at my word. I dont care if you disagree. I dont care if anyone believes me.
If you don't care, then why did you post this topic in the first place? I was under the impression you were trying to convert us, or at the very least warn us of impending doom.
Nope, that post was for the one person here that might not be a committed atheist ignorant of reality.
I couldnt care less if any of you converted. If someone does then that's fine. I'm letting you know what's coming just in case there is one person here that will investigate when it happens and maybe save his eternal destiny. As for you, you'll reap what you've sown.
28-01-2013, 05:34 PM
(28-01-2013 05:03 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  I dont answer dumb questions friend. You are asking me what will I do if something doesnt happen. That's like answering a pregnant woman what she will do when her baby turns out to be an elephant.
Ridiculous. And, we'll see son. If you and I dont see Him then you win? lol.

It's not a dumb question its a perfectly reasonable question about what you will do when you're belief in a prophecy is proven wrong?

What is dumb however is ending with the ridiculous statement of "That's like answering a pregnant woman what she will do when her baby turns out to be an elephant."
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
28-01-2013, 05:35 PM
(28-01-2013 05:19 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 05:16 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  Then go ahead. I do not know you or your track record well enough to take you at your word, and I will probably disagree with your interpretation - but if you want anyone to believe you here you will need to do more than just say what you believe and leave it at that.

Yes, one thing: why are you here? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2013, 05:37 PM
(28-01-2013 05:28 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 05:24 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  If you don't care, then why did you post this topic in the first place? I was under the impression you were trying to convert us, or at the very least warn us of impending doom.
Nope, that post was for the one person here that might not be a committed atheist ignorant of reality.
I couldnt care less if any of you converted. If someone does then that's fine. I'm letting you know what's coming just in case there is one person here that will investigate when it happens and maybe save his eternal destiny. As for you, you'll reap what you've sown.

We have investigated the end-times predictions and found them not credible.

Thanks for the warning.

Now go away and enjoy your delusions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2013, 05:37 PM
(28-01-2013 05:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, one thing: why are you here? Consider

To preach with both ears covered by the looks of it.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lets end the space program....because Bible Shadow Fox 13 229 23-07-2014 10:22 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  A Very Misanthropik Bible Study Misanthropik 37 733 22-07-2014 12:46 AM
Last Post: JONES
  The Bible ok'ing abortion???? MrKrispy601 27 526 21-07-2014 01:27 PM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  Updated on my 3rd read of the bible MrKrispy601 24 366 20-07-2014 01:20 PM
Last Post: Fodder_From_The_Truth
  Hobby Lobby President Has Agenda To Have Mandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools WindyCityJazz 20 411 16-07-2014 06:13 AM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  Bible Golden Ratio "Code" TheLastEnemy 290 9,841 11-07-2014 10:42 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Is Christianity really a monotheistic religion according to the Bible? Lunda 8 156 06-07-2014 06:34 PM
Last Post: Free Thought