Bible questions...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Bible questions...
When Jesus was talking about slapping on the right cheek He didn't talk about physical assault or any physical contact.
Slapping on the right cheek is SYMBOLISM which has only one meaning - hurting someone's feeling, not causing physical pain on the cheek.
So, Jesus teaches me (by the power of the Holy Ghost) that when someone hurts my feelings I don't have to offend feelings of my offender in return.

Offending my offender in return will never bring me happiness and peace in my heart.

Jesus's commandments show to me how to have more happiness and peace in my life and then in life eternal.

About bullies. If a bully hurt my feelings only and not my body I have great opportunity to give to a bully an opportunity to have some lesson of kindness. I want him to know how it feels when some one is kind to you. If bully doesn't soften his/her heart it is his/her problem but at least he/she had a chance/an opportunity to experience something good, a little act of kindness.
Don't you liberals preach equal opportunity?

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. ~ Jesus

Q: What did he mean?
A: Look at the Christians. Different creeds. What do many of them do all the time? They fight. They have no peace. They do not agree with each other on the doctrine of Christ.
Family members fight sometimes, even hate each other. Why? Because Baptist mother doesn't want her child to become an Atheist or Mormon, or Catholic.
Jesus PREDICTED all this.
So, these words of Christ are not telling that this is what He wants people to do, but what people WILL CHOOSE to do because of the Gospel.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2015, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 03:41 PM by Alla.)
(01-08-2015 08:10 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Alla, no amount of hermeneutic fiddling can alter what Jesus allegedly said.
OK, I can agree with this.
(01-08-2015 08:10 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  He is often portrayed in the Bible as an intolerant, aggressive man...
Really? I am ready to read it with my own eyes and with open mind.
(01-08-2015 08:10 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Intolerance
Christian intolerance has been, and still is, a significant cause of disharmony between the world’s people, a fact that many people, even some Christians, acknowledge. Consider the antagonism between Jews and Christians, Islamists and Christians, and between different versions of Christianity such as Protestantism and Catholicism.
True, very true. amenSmile
(01-08-2015 08:10 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  It is fashionable in some circles to blame Churches, rather than the dogma itself, for Christian prejudice.

I can agree with this.
(01-08-2015 08:10 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Yet all Christians have a bigoted mentor. Jesus berated anyone who did not buy his message:
OK, show it to me.
(01-08-2015 08:10 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  “Anyone who believes in the Son has eternal life, but anyone who refuses to believe in the Son will never see life: the anger of God stays on him” (John 3:33, NJB.)
Before I see a bigot in Jesus and someone who berates anyone for not buying His message I want to know WHY I have to believe in Him in order to have eternal life? Why is faith in Christ so important? Then I will understand why those who do not have faith will not have eternal life.
When you answer "WHY?" question I will know if these words of Christ
1)are a threat of bigot, of someone who berates
or
2) are a warning of a friend who cares: child, if you never go to school you will never have high school diploma. Is this parent a bigot? Does he/she berates his/her child?

Now "WHAT" question.

Bible has thousands of symbols. Sometimes in the Bible the same word has to be interpreted literally, sometimes it has hidden meaning.
"Anger of God". Is it a symbol here with some hidden meaning? or is it God huffing and puffing from outrage like some kind of crazy Maniac?

02-08-2015, 05:00 PM
(02-08-2015 03:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  Jesus's commandments show to me how to have more happiness and peace in my life and then in life eternal.

Please enumerate Jesus' commandments. (Hint. There's only one. PM StarkRaving if you need more clues.)

#sigh
02-08-2015, 08:07 PM
(02-08-2015 05:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 03:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  Jesus's commandments show to me how to have more happiness and peace in my life and then in life eternal.

Please enumerate Jesus' commandments. (Hint. There's only one. PM StarkRaving if you need more clues.)
I am sorry I didn't understand everything you said.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
02-08-2015, 09:49 PM
(02-08-2015 08:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 05:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Please enumerate Jesus' commandments. (Hint. There's only one. PM StarkRaving if you need more clues.)
I am sorry I didn't understand everything you said.

What are Jesus' commandments?

#sigh
02-08-2015, 09:58 PM
(02-08-2015 09:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 08:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  I am sorry I didn't understand everything you said.

What are Jesus' commandments?
Whatever He wants me to do is His commandment. There are many of them.

02-08-2015, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 10:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-08-2015 09:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 09:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What are Jesus' commandments?
Whatever He wants me to do is His commandment. There are many of them.

There is only one. What is it? StarkRaving can help if you're still confused.

#sigh
02-08-2015, 10:13 PM
(02-08-2015 10:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 09:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  Whatever He wants me to do is His commandment. There are many of them.

There is only one.
Yes, His commandment is: "Keep My commandmentS"

02-08-2015, 10:16 PM
(02-08-2015 10:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 10:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is only one.
Yes, His commandment is: "Keep My commandmentS"

No. Thar's not even close.

Stick 'em in your mouth and suck 'em.

#sigh
02-08-2015, 10:46 PM
(02-08-2015 10:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 10:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, His commandment is: "Keep My commandmentS"

No. Thar's not even close.

Stick 'em in your mouth and suck 'em.
Sure, whatever you say.