Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(31-10-2015 08:43 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 08:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  At this point God said that He created heaven and earth. What is heaven? How big is heaven? What is beyond this heaven?
Can you answer these questions?
What is god, how big is god, what does god weigh, what is god made of, how is god able to think without a physical brain? Can you answer these questions?

Ack, you beat me to it, I read alla's ridiculous as usual posit and clicked reply.Weeping

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
01-11-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(01-11-2015 01:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 08:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  In the VIDEO it says:
As to what God was perceiving as day and night, could only be the passage of light into darkness.
However, there is no logical sense in creating light before the very thing that creates light, stars.

ALLA:
God did not say that He created light. Then why do they say in the video that God said this?
At this point God said that He created heaven and earth. What is heaven? How big is heaven? What is beyond this heaven?

Who heard god say anything?

Who was sitting there beside god in never never land of nothingness with a pen and paper writing down what this god said in reference to creating light?

Where did god say he created heaven and earth? Who was there to record that? What is god. How big is god? What is before god? Which god?

Smartass

OOH, OOH, pick me. I can answer it. God says and does and is whatever the person imagining it, imagines it saying and doing and being. God can do anything that an imaginary being can do, which is anything accept being real.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
01-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Stevil Wrote:What is god, how big is god, what does god weigh, what is god made of, how is god able to think without a physical brain? Can you answer these questions?
goodwithoutgod Wrote:Who heard god say anything?
Who was sitting there beside god in never never land of nothingness with a pen and paper writing down what this god said in reference to creating light?
Where did god say he created heaven and earth? Who was there to record that? What is god. How big is god? What is before god? Which god?
Sure, I can answer them.
These are great questions. But there is one problem. People who ask them don't want to know the answers.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
01-11-2015, 03:43 PM
(01-11-2015 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Stevil Wrote:What is god, how big is god, what does god weigh, what is god made of, how is god able to think without a physical brain? Can you answer these questions?
goodwithoutgod Wrote:Who heard god say anything?
Sure, I can answer them.
These are great questions. But there is one problem. People who ask them don't want to know the answers.

I do want to know the answers, please provide them.
01-11-2015, 03:45 PM
So, people who created this video have reading comprehension problem.
There is no claim in Genesis that God created light. Creators of the video for some reason got this idea out of nowhere.
They also decided for some reason that there were no stars(sources of light) beyond heaven.

01-11-2015, 03:49 PM
(01-11-2015 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  These are great questions. But there is one problem. People who ask them don't want to know the answers.

Actually -- we're just not willing to blindly accept woo, drivel and bullshit...........

Answers based on quantifiable and verifiable information, we're quite willing to acknowledge.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
01-11-2015, 03:55 PM
I think the only thing that makes me an angry atheist is when someone asserts that their inside knowledge about God is so magical and special that I can only "get it" it if I want to believe it.

If there's a clearer and more concise way to prove that the religious ideologies are made up by charlatans, I can't think of it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
01-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Seriously-- try it in any other context:

"The only reason you don't think this is the fastest, greatest car ever built is because you don't want to believe it."

"No, I have the spec sheets for all major automobiles right here, and it says that your car isn't even close."

"But if you believe first it will be proved to you!"

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
01-11-2015, 03:59 PM
(01-11-2015 03:43 PM)Talviomena Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  Sure, I can answer them.

I do want to know the answers, please provide them.
OK, I will answer to you even though you ask them for a wrong reason. Those who ask for a wrong reason also don't need answers.
P.S. there is a reason why we have to suffer on Earth in this life. I will watch more of this video and I will see if they get to Adam's fall story and why he partook of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil, why he decided to learn about evil(death, pains, suffering).

01-11-2015, 04:00 PM
I will answer in a couple of minutes.