Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2015, 04:14 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(01-11-2015 04:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  I will answer in a couple of minutes.
Are you waiting for god to step on your bathroom scales?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
Q: What is god,
A: God gave a revelation through His prophets: god is intelligent being. you are intelligent being. you are god. Psalm 82: you are god.
Who is God? God is intelligent Being, He is glorified, resurrected Man

Q: how big is god,
A: I don't know how big because God didn't reveal this info. But He did reveal that He is much taller and bigger then mortal men.

Q: what does god weigh,
A: He didn't reveal this information.

Q: what is god made of,
A: God revealed that He is organized from physical matter. He is Spirit in physical immortal body. You(god) are also spirit in physical mortal body

Q: how is god able to think without a physical brain?
A: He has physical brain. But those spirits who do not have physical body have brains which are organized from spiritual matter.

Q: Who heard god say anything?
A: His Prophets.

Q: Who was sitting there beside god in never never land of nothingness with a pen and paper writing down what this god said in reference to creating light?
A: I don't know and I don't care

Q: Where did god say he created heaven and earth?
A: in different places

Q: Who was there to record that?
A: the Holy Ghost - Witness of all truth

Q: What is before god?
A: many things

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
01-11-2015, 04:16 PM
(01-11-2015 04:14 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 04:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  I will answer in a couple of minutes.
Are you waiting for god to step on your bathroom scales?

Laugh out load yes, of course

01-11-2015, 04:24 PM
I'll give her this. Alla actually respects us enough to type up her own responses, and to let us know if it's going to take her a while, rather than just copypasta from religious websites.

If I've never told you before, Alla, I appreciate you for that. I might disagree with everything you say, but I do notice. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-11-2015, 04:57 PM
(01-11-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Q: What is god,
A: God gave a revelation through His prophets: god is intelligent being. you are intelligent being. you are god. Psalm 82: you are god.
Who is God? God is intelligent Being
It seems you are refering to assertions made by some people whom you refer to as "his prophets"
How can we verify that god is indeed either intelligent or a being?
Can we meet this being to assess for ourselves that it is indeed a beeing? Can we get it to participate in an IQ test so that we can somewhat test its intelligence levels. I'd also like to get it to do an EQ test aswell.
(01-11-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Q: how big is god,
A: I don't know how big because God didn't reveal this info. But He did reveal that He is much taller and bigger then mortal men.
Your prophets haven't asserted how big your god is other than to say that it is bigger than humans. Is there anyway we can verify this rather than to blindly accept these assertions?
Can we measure the size of your god? Perhaps using a measuring tape or other scientific method for objects too big to measure with measuring tape?
(01-11-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Q: what does god weigh,
A: He didn't reveal this information.
Your prophets haven't asserted how heavy your god is. Is there anyway we can measure this attribute ourselves?
Could we use some scales, or perhaps infer the weight by observing the affect your god's presence has on nearby space time, or some other scientific method?
(01-11-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Q: what is god made of,
A: God revealed that He is organized from physical matter. He is Spirit in physical immortal body. You(god) are also spirit in physical mortal body
I'm still not clear on this answer. Is your god a carbon based life form? Does it have DNA? Does it require to metabolise in order to generate energy required to live?
Where is your god? What SpaceTime does it occupy? What impact does your god's physical presence have on the nearby environment?
(01-11-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Q: how is god able to think without a physical brain?
A: He has physical brain.
Does this mean that your god is an evolved creature?
Can we observe your god's physical brain? Can we do an MRI scan, it would be interesting to see whether it functions similar or different to that of a human brain.
(01-11-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  But those spirits who do not have physical body have brains which are organized from spiritual matter.
What is spiritual matter?
What was the name of the scientist whom first discovered spiritual matter?
What year was this matter first confirmed to exist?
Did the scientist receive Nobel prize for this discovery?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
01-11-2015, 05:23 PM
(01-11-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Q: What is before god?
Too vague. Sounds like "I don't know, so I'll answer with something vague so I can feel it and not describe it."

(01-11-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Q: What is god,
Who is God? God is intelligent Being, He is glorified, resurrected Man

Q: what is god made of,
So if I'm god and your god & I are the same, then why should I bother worshipping it?
01-11-2015, 05:37 PM
and God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters

Q: what waters? where are these waters? why does God want firmament in the midst of the waters?

A: God or Moses did not explain in details. But we are intelligent beings, we are gods, we are created in God's image, so we have physical brains as He does, we can think as He does and God gives us understanding of many things by the power of the Holy Ghost.
So, the Earth was covered with waters, there was no dry land. God decided to divide the waters. How? God made sure that water evaporated and this way waters(clouds)
appeared above the Earth. Firmament is now in the midst of the waters on Earth and waters(clouds) above the Earth's waters.
Does it mean that there is no firmament above the clouds? Of course, not.
God or Moses did not say that firmament is between waters below and waters above. He only said that there is firmament in the midst.
But in the video[/] we see that firmament is [b]between waters above and waters below. There is no firmament above the waters above.

QUESTIONS:why is it so hard to comprehend what is written? why creators of the video claim that firmament is ONLY between waters below and waters above?

01-11-2015, 05:47 PM
So, because we are intelligent gods and we have help of the Holy Ghost we know that firmament is in the midst of waters (as God wanted it to be), it divides now waters below(ocean) and waters above(clouds).
So, we do NOT assume that there is no firmament above the clouds(waters above). How big is the firmament(heaven)?
THIS IS THE QUESTION!!

01-11-2015, 05:56 PM
QUOTE FROM THE VIDEO:
Genesis also mistakenly claims that moon has its own light

ALLA:
Really?! Is this what Genesis claims? or creators of the video have reading comprehension problem?

It says: God made two great lights. Moon is one of them.

It doesn't say that Moon has its own light. But Moon provides light at night. The light from the Moon is so bright when we have full Moon that I don't need my flash light.

01-11-2015, 06:03 PM
(01-11-2015 05:23 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Q: What is before god?
Too vague. Sounds like "I don't know, so I'll answer with something vague so I can feel it and not describe it."
There are many things before god. But I can give you some very specific examples. There are other gods before god, there are other worlds before god, there is eternal matter before god.
Is this still too vogue for you?

(01-11-2015 05:23 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  So if I'm god and your god & I are the same, then why should I bother worshipping it?
I don't know what you are talking about? what do you mean "the same"?