Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: People actually buy into this?
(05-11-2015 03:55 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 03:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah, pretty sure we all know that here. Thanks though.
K. Just checking. Wink
I've read your posts. I know you are learning like everyone but to deem someone incredible based on their experiences to later claim that your belief came from a personal experience, a dream none the less seems hypocritical to say the least. I will be cordial and help you any way I can. But I don't understand how you can state that others are lying based on your perception of their experience. Did you not state that you where directed through the interpretation of a dream?
Truly faithful under God are to help one another not be a thorn in their sides. I'm done. Perhaps we can learn from one another as opposed to attempting to throw one under the bus.
Good luck being a chaplain. What branch again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(05-11-2015 04:00 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 03:46 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  The God of Abraham is the same god of the Jews, Christians, and Muslims.

Yet you will find Jews, Christians, and Muslims who vehemently deny this -- the main sticking point being the Trinity. To most Jews and Muslims, that constitutes idolatry ("three powers in heaven"). And many Christians feel that Jews and Muslims are worshipping a different God (or even a "demon") for the same reason -- they don't recognize the Trinity.
I agree with you. Ignorance is a very huge problem, especially amongst Christians.
05-11-2015, 04:16 PM
(05-11-2015 04:06 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 03:55 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  K. Just checking. Wink
I've read your posts. I know you are learning like everyone but to deem someone incredible based on their experiences to later claim that your belief came from a personal experience, a dream none the less seems hypocritical to say the least. I will be cordial and help you any way I can. But I don't understand how you can state that others are lying based on your perception of their experience. Did you not state that you where directed through the interpretation of a dream?
Truly faithful under God are to help one another not be a thorn in their sides. I'm done. Perhaps we can learn from one another as opposed to attempting to throw one under the bus.
I am currently in the Marine Corps working to transition into the Navy as a chaplain. But nobody here is claiming to have any importance because they claim to have a vision from God. I actually was not very comfortable sharing my experience however I was compelled share in order to answer several specific questions about myself. I in no way desire to have my experience influence anyone for any reason other than to shed some light on why I made personal decisions in my life.
05-11-2015, 04:16 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(05-11-2015 04:05 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 03:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Unfogged, read the Gita, or Qur'an, or any other peaceable monotheistic scripture without bias and you will see that not only do they refer to the same creator God with the same attributes, but they also explain the connection with God.

There are similarities because (a) people are basically the same so the stories they invent are often similar and (b) there was a lot of borrowing and reworking going on. On the other hand, the specifics of the stories and the attributes of the gods are not identical. You can gloss over the differences because you are a deluded fool who only sees what he wants to see and is unable to face reality.

Quote:Did you really just ask me to prove that there is one God. Pretty sure we've been over this. No one else can prove it for you.

You make grand, sweeping claims about the nature of god often but you have yet to provide a shred of evidence why anybody should believe a word you post. Your personal delusions are your own problem, please stop trying to foist them off onto others.

Quote:Especially when you are incapable of accepting things that aren't proven by science, which much isn't, by the way.

Science has provided a wealth of information about what is real and the idea that you accept things as real when you have no evidence for them at all is pitiful. Your delusions are not evidence. You are a sad, pitiful little man living in a fantasy world and I feel very sorry for you.

Quote:As if man can prove some things that had been show. to him and go on to exclaim that said observations are the literal limit of existence.

That makes no sense. You are raving again. Get help Pops, you need it.
Your excuses to stay closed minded are tired and old. Didn't say anything was identical. You asked for proof of one God. You act like you have read the books I listed so why do you then ask for proof. If you can't figure out that they all reference th same creator God then you are more lost than I thought. That's ok though, evidently you really enjoy willful ignorance, so much so that you ask things that you already know the answer to.

Why don't you read "intone" on Google play under Bahia or the religion of the Druze? The latter is in French but that shouldn't be a problem for you. After a quick gloss over, then refute what I say about One Creator, or the fact that science does not excuse God but is an important part of real Faith. Either do some real research or not. Just stop pretending like you know things that you don't.
05-11-2015, 04:19 PM
(05-11-2015 04:16 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 04:06 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I've read your posts. I know you are learning like everyone but to deem someone incredible based on their experiences to later claim that your belief came from a personal experience, a dream none the less seems hypocritical to say the least. I will be cordial and help you any way I can. But I don't understand how you can state that others are lying based on your perception of their experience. Did you not state that you where directed through the interpretation of a dream?
I am currently in the Marine Corps working to transition into the Navy as a chaplain. But nobody here is claiming to have any importance because they claim to have a vision from God. I actually was not very comfortable sharing my experience however I was compelled share in order to answer several specific questions about myself. I in no way desire to have my experience influence anyone for any reason other than to shed some light on why I made personal decisions in my life.
I agree. So how can you throw out the testimony of another when you yourself where lead to do something based on a dream?
05-11-2015, 04:20 PM
(05-11-2015 04:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just stop pretending like you know things that you don't.

Coming from you, that is an absolute riot.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
05-11-2015, 04:25 PM
(05-11-2015 04:20 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 04:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just stop pretending like you know things that you don't.

Coming from you, that is an absolute riot.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
Thought y'all might like that. Frankly; there is much I don't know. But the existence of God isn't one of those things. Nor are the things I claim to know. I dc it's strictly opinion I say so. Shit, if I'm not certain I say so. If I don't state such and the topic is God or Faith then I will go to my death stating the same is factual.
Please don't say that facts are strictly observable by those who don't experience them either. Talk about fallacy. That shit gets old.
05-11-2015, 04:25 PM

Now there's some irony for you!

I've read a great deal about many religions. I've looked into how and when they were devised. There is absolutely nothing that indicates anything other than human invention.

I'm prepared to believe anything for which there is evidence. You base your life on wishful thinking and ignorance. It is sad to see a life so wasted.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
05-11-2015, 04:28 PM
(05-11-2015 04:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 04:16 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I am currently in the Marine Corps working to transition into the Navy as a chaplain. But nobody here is claiming to have any importance because they claim to have a vision from God. I actually was not very comfortable sharing my experience however I was compelled share in order to answer several specific questions about myself. I in no way desire to have my experience influence anyone for any reason other than to shed some light on why I made personal decisions in my life.
I agree. So how can you throw out the testimony of another when you yourself where lead to do something based on a dream?
I don't understand. I think you have me confused with someone else. I don't remember doing anything of the sort. If I did it was unintentional and I apologize. If you don't mind, could you please show me the post in question? Hopefully I can clear things up.
05-11-2015, 04:31 PM
(05-11-2015 04:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Thought y'all might like that. Frankly; there is much I don't know. But the existence of God isn't one of those things. Nor are the things I claim to know. I dc it's strictly opinion I say so. Shit, if I'm not certain I say so. If I don't state such and the topic is God or Faith then I will go to my death stating the same is factual.
Please don't say that facts are strictly observable by those who don't experience them either. Talk about fallacy. That shit gets old.

All you have is fallacy. Provide a single bit of evidence to support any of your god claims. You can't. It's all something you've made up in your head mixed with things you've read that you happen to like and agree with. Calling your claims facts doesn't make them facts. Facts are demonstrable and testable.

You couldn't get a clue if you smeared yourself with clue musk and did the clue mating dance in a field of horny clues in the middle of clue mating season.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post