Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(05-11-2015 12:49 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  While god talking to Jason might be not unreasonable in light of his beliefs (and only in light of them) I would say it's still arrogance.

That's not arrogance. Girly'll show you arrogance. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-11-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
The Inquisition,

I know the little I do know about the One Creator through, honestly, personal salvation, peaceable scriptures of varied "religions", a lifetime of observation and analysis of nature and people, my conscience, attempting to be wholly truthful and selfless, or benificail to others at all times.

I work, and I'm on forums. When I'm not doing those two things I'm reading scripture.

Insignificant species/ planet? Uhm... look around. Not only are we the only advanced life within our realm of physical observation, but we happen to have utterly unique potential to benefit or negatively impact our observable habitat, and all life within it. So you saying insignificant just doesn't make sense to me. It is obvious we are indeed unique, powerful, and embewed with freedom, potential, and
responsability.

Generic isn't the word. Just GOD. How can you begin to claim what God is or is not capable of?
GOD is all encompassing, created all, and is intricately involved in all things on an individual level, through predestination of all, or intervention with things because of the acts of man in a show of continued giving and long suffering. It is merciful, giving, all subsisting, and all knowing.

Infinate potential is observable in the Universe. As is the obvious direction of all things under God's command. Having the freedom to revolt the direction of God is a show of grace by God. To be foolish enough to actually continually, openly, and heedlessly go in a direction other than that of which is responsible for all existence and the well being there of will prove to be damning to existence as a whole as we know it. If that isn't unique potential and responsibility, then nothing is.

My prayers have been heard and responded to time and time again. I personally am not too worried about death or an afterlife. I dont know much about an afterlife like some say. I know we will return to GOD the One Creator when our physical existence is over. You really make no sense on that last part though.
05-11-2015, 05:29 PM
(05-11-2015 03:15 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I mean Elohim, Brahmin, Yahweh, Allah, Bob, they all pertain to the same creator God. So why does someone have to differentiate? There is one God. The sooner people can start to realize this the sooner peace and advancement can abound.

[Image: pogo.gif]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-11-2015, 05:35 PM
(05-11-2015 03:46 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 03:15 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why does that mean it has to be impersonal? Also, why can God not just GOD? I mean Elohim, Brahmin, Yahweh, Allah, they all pertain to the same creator God. So why does someone have to differentiate? There is one God. The sooner people can start to realize this the sooner peace and advancement can abound.
The God of Abraham is the same god of the Jews, Christians, and Muslims.

You forgot Rastafarianism, Samaritanism, Druzism , Mandaeism, Bábism and the Bahá'í Faith.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-11-2015, 05:52 PM
(05-11-2015 05:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 03:15 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I mean Elohim, Brahmin, Yahweh, Allah, Bob, they all pertain to the same creator God. So why does someone have to differentiate? There is one God. The sooner people can start to realize this the sooner peace and advancement can abound.

[Image: pogo.gif]
I didn't put bob. Not cool.
05-11-2015, 05:52 PM
(05-11-2015 07:06 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Ok everyone.... I think I am really on to something here however I still have a delima. I think I can finally answer the age old question on "who is the one true Scotsmen? " but I can only narrow it down to two.

dilemma Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-11-2015, 05:55 PM
(05-11-2015 05:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 05:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: pogo.gif]
I didn't put bob. Not cool.

So? Sue me.

05-11-2015, 05:58 PM
(05-11-2015 10:57 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Second, what benefits do I have from being a Christian? Google "four killed in car accident jacksonville nc ".... you will find a good reason why I prefer to be a theist.

Your god randomly kills people in fiery car crashes and that is why you prefer to be a theist? Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Haven't checked into mandaeism, or samaritanism too much. Thought Bab was like a messenger in the Bahai Faith.
05-11-2015, 06:08 PM
(05-11-2015 05:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 05:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I didn't put bob. Not cool.

So? Sue me.
Significantly worse than taking things out of context. Whatever though.