Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(05-11-2015 12:49 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 12:30 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Why would you believe that god is talking to you? Let's skip insanity and trolling and we could call arrogance a reason for such belief. I guess it must feel quite good to have opportunity to listen to creator of universe.
Ok. Here we go. I had a vision in a dream. I know there are many explanations in the realm of Psychology or Physiology. But this vision was so powerful that it has resulting in giving up an amazing career flying an amazing aircraft to becoming a chaplain.

That you are convinced of something so unlikely in a freakin' dream speaks volumes about your credulity and your emotional state.

To make such a life-changing decision because of a dream is a concept entirely devoid of reason.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-11-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(05-11-2015 02:51 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 10:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  What part don't you believe? Consider
I consider it the advancement of life as a whole. The adaptation to changing habitat.

It is adaptation, not advancement. What advancement is a virus achieving when it mutates? Consider

05-11-2015, 06:19 PM
(05-11-2015 06:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 05:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So? Sue me.
Significantly worse than taking things out of context. Whatever though.

So? If you think that my misrepresentation has somehow damaged your reputation then sue me. In my defense I will come to court with a compilation of your posts and argue that your reputation was already damaged beyond repair. By you.

Oh, and humor trumps all.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-11-2015, 06:23 PM
(05-11-2015 03:15 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 08:49 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  How can you draw a direct correlation between the universe being created and your personal favorite deity? Why not Shiva, Odin, Zues, or Mithras?

The most intellectually honest position, if you insist that a deity is the cause, is that it's impersonal and all of man's religions are off the mark, which leads you to a pretty useless god concept.
Why does that mean it has to be impersonal? Also, why can God not just GOD? I mean Elohim, Brahmin, Yahweh, Allah, they all pertain to the same creator God. So why does someone have to differentiate? There is one God. The sooner people can start to realize this the sooner peace and advancement can abound.

Those unevidenced assertions can be, and will be, summarily dismissed. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-11-2015, 06:23 PM
(05-11-2015 06:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Significantly worse than taking things out of context. Whatever though.

So? If you think that my misrepresentation has somehow damaged your reputation then sue me. In my defense I will come to court with a compilation of your posts and argue that your reputation was already damaged beyond repair. By you.
I couldn't care less about my rep, really. Hence the indifference. I care about being here, not what people think about me.
05-11-2015, 06:25 PM
(05-11-2015 06:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 03:15 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why does that mean it has to be impersonal? Also, why can God not just GOD? I mean Elohim, Brahmin, Yahweh, Allah, they all pertain to the same creator God. So why does someone have to differentiate? There is one God. The sooner people can start to realize this the sooner peace and advancement can abound.

Those unevidenced assertions can be, and will be, summarily dismissed. Drinking Beverage
Sure buddy. Yo what get right on that. I'll wait. Do me a favor and use core scriptures, not the opinions of others not responsible for the writings.
05-11-2015, 06:32 PM
(05-11-2015 06:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So? If you think that my misrepresentation has somehow damaged your reputation then sue me. In my defense I will come to court with a compilation of your posts and argue that your reputation was already damaged beyond repair. By you.
I couldn't care less about my rep, really. Hence the indifference. I care about being here, not what people think about me.

Then why did you comment on my post at all? You think you can give Girly a lesson in ethics? Not gonna happen. 30 years of annual ethics training and formal training at uni.

Humor really does trump all. I was just satirizing you.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-11-2015, 06:35 PM
(05-11-2015 06:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I couldn't care less about my rep, really. Hence the indifference. I care about being here, not what people think about me.

Then why did you comment on my post at all? You think you can give Girly a lesson in ethics? Not gonna happen. 30 years of annual ethics training and formal training at uni.

Proof that one can study something and still not adhere to it.
05-11-2015, 06:42 PM
(05-11-2015 06:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  Those unevidenced assertions can be, and will be, summarily dismissed. Drinking Beverage
Sure buddy. Yo what get right on that. I'll wait. Do me a favor and use core scriptures, not the opinions of others not responsible for the writings.

Scripture is the claim, it is not the evidence.

You need to provide evidence of the veracity of those core scriptures.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-11-2015, 06:43 PM
(05-11-2015 06:35 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 06:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Then why did you comment on my post at all? You think you can give Girly a lesson in ethics? Not gonna happen. 30 years of annual ethics training and formal training at uni.

Proof that one can study something and still not adhere to it.

One can study something and determine it is false. Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post