Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(06-11-2015 10:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 10:03 AM)unfogged Wrote:  What a load of unsubstantiated bullshit. You have nothing to back up any of your claims. It is really, really sad to see a mind so bogged down in fantasy.
Woe. I said quite a few which sounds like a lot. I meant quite few, as in not many. This includes you as one that cannot see or hear. Answer me this; do you understand that when the bible speaks of how Jesus saved, and made the blind see, the deaf hear, and brought the dead to life that it wasn't generally literal. One can be dead in sin, through understanding one can be reborn or brought to real life instead of living dead in sin. One can be blind to the reality of existence and not even know it. Words and meaning can fall upon deaf ears and do more often than not. Salvation, and the teachings of Christ show the wounded in sin and ignorance how to really live.

Let me guess; speculation without evidence, right? Exactly what I would expect from the likes of you.

Lee it friend, you'll find your truth eventually. I have you Faith in you, me and God.

Don't let that piss you off. Anger impedes learning.
Peace

https://www.reverbnation.com/angelstorm/...ied-insane

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
06-11-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(06-11-2015 10:17 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 09:34 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Were I troubled, the last place I would seek advice would be from a minister, priest, rabbi, imam, or chaplain.
What if you were a Marine in an infantry platoon in the mountains of Afghanistan and just survived an ambush that resulted in the death of your high school best friend? I know it is difficult at times to understand the real life situations of combat. Unfortunately the only option a Marine has to get any professional help is by the chaplain. Even if an atheist Marine did not want my help because of my faith, I will still be required to help that individual by finding someone who he prefers and I would be more than happy to do so if that is what he chooses. It goes back to the protection of religious freedom.

I'd suck it up, cry in a corner, and/or talk to a friend before I went to a chaplain. What is a chaplain going to say that a friend can't say?

[And how many chaplains are attached to an ambushed infantry platoon in the mountains of Afghanistan that a Marine could have a choice?]

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
06-11-2015, 10:53 AM
(06-11-2015 10:22 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 09:58 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That may be the problem. You should consult with somebody qualified to determine if you should be.
Lol. Perhaps I should be on meds too.
Hey, look man. I reviewed your posts and couldn't find exactly why I accused you of hypocrisy. Your post about Paul rubbed me the wrong way but does not justify my claim.

I apologize for the confusion and accusation.
Sincerely,
Jerry

Peace
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
06-11-2015, 10:58 AM
(06-11-2015 10:26 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 10:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Let me guess; speculation without evidence, right? Exactly what I would expect from the likes of you.

Well, that is all we get from you. You are so deeply mired in your woo that you have no idea how ridiculous you sound.

Quote:Lee it friend, you'll find your truth eventually. I have you Faith in you, me and God.

You do not anger me. At best I find you amusing in a tedious sort of way. Your fantasies are no threat to me or to what I believe because as far as I can tell they are the nonsensical ravings of a severely deluded individual. You can have all the faith you want in whatever you like. I will stick with reality.
I understand completely how nuts and lost Kay sound to some. It is irrelevant. If I cared about my image as opposed to my message then I would say things in a more likable way to appease the masses. That would me manipulation and greed on different levels though. I don't care to misconstrue the things I know to appease others. To do such would be to neglect what I know is right and could have severe consequences, not to mention diluting the truth.
06-11-2015, 10:59 AM
(06-11-2015 10:40 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I'd suck it up, cry in a corner, and/or talk to a friend before I went to a chaplain. What is a chaplain going to say that a friend can't say?

[And how many chaplains are attached to an ambushed infantry platoon in the mountains of Afghanistan that a Marine could have a choice?]

With respect, Thinkerbell, it's that "suck it up and cry in a corner" attitude that is the reason the suicide rate among our returning veterans is through the roof. What if that friend he would have turned to is the one who caught the bullet? What if he had six friends and they were all wiped out in the attack, and he's dealing with survivor's guilt and trust issues with people he would normally have called friends? What if his buddies are all fine, but it's a private matter that he doesn't want to trust them with, so he needs to talk to someone he knows must keep his secret? Even if there's not a chaplain at the remote firebase, wounded Marines would be taken to a hospital where a chaplain's understanding ear might be just what that person needs to recover. Humans are much more fragile creatures than we like to let on, even Marines.

Having even one chaplain who has a reputation among the troops as a guy you can absolutely trust, one whom you know would "call out" and put a stop to bullying of the people of "wrong" religions (including, of course, None), could make a world of difference to a soldier who might be teetering on that edge of thinking he can't go on with life. It could make all the difference to the guy who just got a Dear John letter from his wife back in the States.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
06-11-2015, 10:59 AM
(06-11-2015 10:40 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 10:17 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  What if you were a Marine in an infantry platoon in the mountains of Afghanistan and just survived an ambush that resulted in the death of your high school best friend? I know it is difficult at times to understand the real life situations of combat. Unfortunately the only option a Marine has to get any professional help is by the chaplain. Even if an atheist Marine did not want my help because of my faith, I will still be required to help that individual by finding someone who he prefers and I would be more than happy to do so if that is what he chooses. It goes back to the protection of religious freedom.

I'd suck it up, cry in a corner, and/or talk to a friend before I went to a chaplain. What is a chaplain going to say that a friend can't say?

More than you think. Chaplains are embedded in some infantry platoons just like a Corpsman would. I would recommend looking into some information on chaplains.
06-11-2015, 11:00 AM
(06-11-2015 10:35 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 10:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Woe. I said quite a few which sounds like a lot. I meant quite few, as in not many. This includes you as one that cannot see or hear. Answer me this; do you understand that when the bible speaks of how Jesus saved, and made the blind see, the deaf hear, and brought the dead to life that it wasn't generally literal. One can be dead in sin, through understanding one can be reborn or brought to real life instead of living dead in sin. One can be blind to the reality of existence and not even know it. Words and meaning can fall upon deaf ears and do more often than not. Salvation, and the teachings of Christ show the wounded in sin and ignorance how to really live.

Let me guess; speculation without evidence, right? Exactly what I would expect from the likes of you.

Lee it friend, you'll find your truth eventually. I have you Faith in you, me and God.

Peace

https://www.reverbnation.com/angelstorm/...ied-insane
Don't generally use links. Care to summarize by chance?
Thanks.
06-11-2015, 11:00 AM
(06-11-2015 10:53 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 10:22 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Lol. Perhaps I should be on meds too.
Hey, look man. I reviewed your posts and couldn't find exactly why I accused you of hypocrisy. Your post about Paul rubbed me the wrong way but does not justify my claim.

I apologize for the confusion and accusation.
Sincerely,
Jerry

Peace
No problems man. It was a joke. Don't we all want meds sometimes. Wink
06-11-2015, 11:05 AM
(06-11-2015 11:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 10:35 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  https://www.reverbnation.com/angelstorm/...ied-insane
Don't generally use links. Care to summarize by chance?
Thanks.

It's a song, titled Certified Insane.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
06-11-2015, 11:07 AM
(05-11-2015 07:09 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  If it had dragons, light sabers and zombies, sign me up.

"Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads." - Revelation 12:3

Dragons, check.

"As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?" - Acts 9:3 verses 3-4.

Light sabers, check.

Zombies, check. - John 11 and the story of Lazarus.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post