Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(07-11-2015 03:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 12:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or possibly you are mistaken. Drinking Beverage

I suppose,technically, anything is possible.

Technically, that is incorrect.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
07-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
Just finished meeting with the Marine and his family. They are doing well. The Marine had better days but he will pull through.
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
07-11-2015, 03:50 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(07-11-2015 03:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 03:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I suppose,technically, anything is possible.

Technically, that is incorrect.
How so? And please don't say any laws of the physical.
07-11-2015, 03:55 PM
(07-11-2015 03:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 03:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Technically, that is incorrect.

Fine, via the laws of noncontradiction. Or better yet, via the laws of the various forms of logic.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
07-11-2015, 04:07 PM
(07-11-2015 02:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 01:59 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Where did you find that. The source I used was from the military. Darn military intelligence!

Liberty University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Liberty_University
Mobile-friendly - The college received provisional accreditation from the American Osteopathic Association .... In 2015, Forbes' list of America's Top Colleges ranked Liberty University 639 out of 650 rated colleges.
Thanks.
07-11-2015, 04:07 PM
(07-11-2015 03:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 03:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Technically, that is incorrect.

Do you oppose the fact that you can't make two balls occupy the same space?

Or support the proposition that cows can fly under their own power?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
07-11-2015, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 04:13 PM by jason_delisle.)
(07-11-2015 04:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 03:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How so? And please don't say any laws of the physical.

"two balls occupy the same space" that is what she said.

Oh! I got another one, "You can't make two balls occupy the same space"? Try telling your mom that.

[Image: 3f7a0df6f2f0710705f98c4da35067fc.jpg]

Just because I am working to be a chaplain does not mean I don't have crude pilot humor.
[+] 3 users Like jason_delisle's post
07-11-2015, 04:24 PM
(07-11-2015 03:29 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Just finished meeting with the Marine and his family. They are doing well. The Marine had better days but he will pull through.

I know that whatever was said is in strict confidence but I would be interested to know if anything that has come up in this forum was applicable or not in this case.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
07-11-2015, 04:25 PM
(07-11-2015 03:55 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 03:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How so? And please don't say any laws of the physical.

Fine, via the laws of noncontradiction. Or better yet, via the laws of the various forms of logic.
My statement was based in what we don't know. The observance of infinity allows for infinite possibility or potential. Maybe that isn't equivalent to anything being possible. But its real close.
07-11-2015, 04:26 PM
(07-11-2015 04:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Lol