Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2015, 01:26 AM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(09-11-2015 11:30 PM)naturalista Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 11:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not yet. Drinking Beverage
we know 100% the universe is made up of atomic particles, we just do not know yet what was their origin..

No. What we know is that about 5% of the universe is made up of baryonic matter, the atomic particles of which you speak.

Quote:all from stars to planets to humans and other animals are created by electrons, protons and neutrons, by positive and negative poles creating by extrapolation

Maybe, but probably not. Only 5% of the universe is that stuff.

Quote:black holes suck in starts then explode again creating new galaxies = big bang, its like a macrocosmic sexual act, just like the black hole of a woman which sucks up the semen of a male and creates a baby by birth pains = small bang = microcosmic act of creation, as above so below

Have you any evidence for that? Sounds like a stretched metaphor to me.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2015, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 06:14 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(09-11-2015 11:38 PM)naturalista Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 11:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I feel like I've just read the work of a schizophrenic...

what exactly is schizophrenic about the fact that we live in a dualistic universe going around in cycles??... please explain it to me, i am really curious! Consider

What is schizophrenic is the manner in which you 'connected' the 'dots'. For instance, as shown in papyrus 115, '666' was a misprint likely made early on in copying, it was originally '616', so it's a nonsense connection for you to make to anything, unless you're going to maybe blame Marvel for everything. Also, the Horus-Jesus thing is a long-discarded bit-piece; even the Jesus Mythicists have long given up that particular ghost.

(09-11-2015 11:38 PM)naturalista Wrote:  even your brain is a dualistic processor, left and right hemisphere..

I'm not a neurologist, but I'm not sure that's not how brains brain.

(09-11-2015 11:38 PM)naturalista Wrote:  if you deny that you live in a natural duality than you must be the one who needs medication..

Hey now, that's up to my doctor to decide.

(09-11-2015 11:38 PM)naturalista Wrote:  maybe you enlighten yourself on the basics of religion and natural law before playing the intelectually superior here!

You can ask any regular user on this forum, I'm one of the last who will go the intellectually superior route. I might make terrible jokes in bad taste (or without taste at all), I might mock from an absurd position, but I shan't claim myself to be intellectually superior, I know I'm not nearly bright enough for that.

Now, I would appreciate you not try to besmirch my reputation and honour, sir. Especially not after I took the trouble to speak of you at all. Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
10-11-2015, 02:43 AM
How can someone using a fake name on the net get their honour besmirched? Seriously, I'd really like to know.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-11-2015, 02:48 AM
(10-11-2015 02:43 AM)Banjo Wrote:  How can someone using a fake name on the net get their honour besmirched? Seriously, I'd really like to know.

It's quite easy, since honour is a really vague notion.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-11-2015, 03:31 AM
(10-11-2015 02:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 11:38 PM)naturalista Wrote:  even your brain is a dualistic processor, left and right hemisphere..

I'm not a neurologist, but I'm not sure that's not how brains brain.

naturalista is not wrong technically with that. Though yes, the two hemispheres don't do the work themselves, they just contain the areas which do everything.

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/split.html

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-11-2015, 03:37 AM
Wait..... people use 'Fake' names on the interwebz?

Unsure

Blush
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
10-11-2015, 06:01 AM
(09-11-2015 11:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 11:12 PM)naturalista Wrote:  whole bible is a duality based book which talks about the duality of natural cycles day/night, light/darkness, summer/winter, sun/moon, jesus/satan, horus/seth, sunrise/sunset, good life giving spring vs. evil death of winter

12 apostles = 12 constellation of the zodiac the natural cyles, equinoxes, four seasons = celtic cross
jesus = horus = sun
satan = seth = darkness = sunset = SUN_SETH
mary = isis = moon

biblical angels = seven planets of solar system = seven days of week

666 is not the devil but the metaphor for carbon the stuff all life is made of with its 6 electrons 6 neutrons and 6 protons thus 666...

sun = hot = penis
moon = wet = vagina
holy trinity = fertility rites = father + mother = holy ghost = newborn son = baby = created through holy union of sex

solomon = sun and moon = sol o mon

its all about natural duality of natures cycles and fetility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGnk9J_qKeM

the vatican of course all know this stuff, they just want you to be kept in superstitions and believe instead of biting into the apple of natural laws hidden knowledge

I feel like I've just read the work of a schizophrenic...

It's not just that they see things that aren't there. The "differently-sane" (and certain speedfreaks) see connections that aren't there. Connections between, for example, quantum mechanics and homeopathy. Or connections between world politics and the Rotary Club. It's best to just point him to the pseudoscientific conspirawoo forum and let him duke it out with himself.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
10-11-2015, 06:11 AM
(10-11-2015 06:01 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 11:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I feel like I've just read the work of a schizophrenic...

It's not just that they see things that aren't there. The "differently-sane" (and certain speedfreaks) see connections that aren't there. ...

That's actually what I was referring to.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
10-11-2015, 06:15 AM
(09-11-2015 11:30 PM)naturalista Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 11:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not yet. Drinking Beverage
we know 100% the universe is made up of atomic particles, we just do not know yet what was their origin..

all from stars to planets to humans and other animals are created by electrons, protons and neutrons, by positive and negative poles creating by extrapolation

black holes suck in starts then explode again creating new galaxies = big bang, its like a macrocosmic sexual act, just like the black hole of a woman which sucks up the semen of a male and creates a baby by birth pains = small bang = microcosmic act of creation, as above so below
Now I am no astrophysicist but has anyone here heard of a black hole exploding into a new galaxy?
10-11-2015, 06:18 AM
People actually buy into this?
(09-11-2015 11:12 PM)naturalista Wrote:  whole bible is a duality based book which talks about the duality of natural cycles day/night, light/darkness, summer/winter, sun/moon, jesus/satan, horus/seth, sunrise/sunset, good life giving spring vs. evil death of winter

12 apostles = 12 constellation of the zodiac the natural cyles, equinoxes, four seasons = celtic cross
jesus = horus = sun
satan = seth = darkness = sunset = SUN_SETH
mary = isis = moon

biblical angels = seven planets of solar system = seven days of week

666 is not the devil but the metaphor for carbon the stuff all life is made of with its 6 electrons 6 neutrons and 6 protons thus 666...

sun = hot = penis
moon = wet = vagina
holy trinity = fertility rites = father + mother = holy ghost = newborn son = baby = created through holy union of sex

solomon = sun and moon = sol o mon

its all about natural duality of natures cycles and fetility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGnk9J_qKeM

the vatican of course all know this stuff, they just want you to be kept in superstitions and believe instead of biting into the apple of natural laws hidden knowledge

Jupiter=BBC=asteroids=hemorrhoids

It's all about penis penis penis!

This thread has officially reached flypaper for freaks status.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post