Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2015, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 09:01 PM by jason_delisle.)
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(10-11-2015 04:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 03:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  Weeping

You got jokes Mr Chaplain. You got comment on RS's point - Bible 'science' is rubbish?

If he's making jokes and being nice and not trying to "educate" us, let's give him a chance.
It's just a joke. I have grown to appreciate RS. It was a very sarcastic comment to poke a little fun at some of the very "interesting" theories that are going around these days. RS, you stay true brother.
Btw...the first part of the joke is ACTUALLY what "flat earthers" believe...I just through the JFK thing as an extra seasoning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jason_delisle's post
10-11-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
the duality principle of this universe is 100% genuine truth absolutely provable to anyone of you! all your attempts to discredit the work of christopher lord are pathetic, all religions are based on the duality cycles of nature visible at every aspect of life, you are just too ignorant to see the obvious....

10-11-2015, 09:14 PM
(10-11-2015 09:09 PM)naturalista Wrote:  the duality principle of this universe is 100% genuine truth absolutely provable to anyone of you! all your attempts to discredit the work of christopher lord are pathetic, all religions are based on the duality cycles of nature visible at every aspect of life, you are just too ignorant to see the obvious....

Bro, you can’t hold a candle to my main man Lord Steven Christ, read and learn something.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-am-Christ

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
10-11-2015, 11:43 PM
(10-11-2015 09:09 PM)naturalista Wrote:  the duality principle of this universe is 100% genuine truth absolutely provable to anyone of you!

If it's absolutely provable why are you so disconcerted when we don't believe you?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-11-2015, 11:53 PM
(10-11-2015 11:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 09:09 PM)naturalista Wrote:  the duality principle of this universe is 100% genuine truth absolutely provable to anyone of you!

If it's absolutely provable why are you so disconcerted when we don't believe you?

Because the size of one's truthiness directly correlates with their ego; people like Naturalista have such maximum Truthiness that their immense yet fragile egos wont allow them to consider being wrong, leaving them with the only option being to alter the axis of their faeces.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
11-11-2015, 07:18 AM
(09-11-2015 10:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 11:11 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Your biased reading comprehension is the source of your unfounded scrutiny.

What is "unfounded scrutiny"?

It's something people say when their views get held up to scrutiny and don't make sense.

(09-11-2015 11:12 PM)naturalista Wrote:  whole bible is a duality based book which talks about the duality of natural cycles day/night, light/darkness, summer/winter, sun/moon, jesus/satan, horus/seth, sunrise/sunset, good life giving spring vs. evil death of winter

12 apostles = 12 constellation of the zodiac the natural cyles, equinoxes, four seasons = celtic cross
jesus = horus = sun
satan = seth = darkness = sunset = SUN_SETH
mary = isis = moon

biblical angels = seven planets of solar system = seven days of week

666 is not the devil but the metaphor for carbon the stuff all life is made of with its 6 electrons 6 neutrons and 6 protons thus 666...

sun = hot = penis
moon = wet = vagina
holy trinity = fertility rites = father + mother = holy ghost = newborn son = baby = created through holy union of sex

solomon = sun and moon = sol o mon

its all about natural duality of natures cycles and fetility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGnk9J_qKeM

the vatican of course all know this stuff, they just want you to be kept in superstitions and believe instead of biting into the apple of natural laws hidden knowledge

[Image: snort_zpsp5vub7zl.gif]
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
13-11-2015, 08:33 AM
(10-11-2015 01:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 11:30 PM)naturalista Wrote:  we know 100% the universe is made up of atomic particles, we just do not know yet what was their origin..

No. What we know is that about 5% of the universe is made up of baryonic matter, the atomic particles of which you speak.

Quote:all from stars to planets to humans and other animals are created by electrons, protons and neutrons, by positive and negative poles creating by extrapolation

Maybe, but probably not. Only 5% of the universe is that stuff.

Quote:black holes suck in starts then explode again creating new galaxies = big bang, its like a macrocosmic sexual act, just like the black hole of a woman which sucks up the semen of a male and creates a baby by birth pains = small bang = microcosmic act of creation, as above so below

Have you any evidence for that? Sounds like a stretched metaphor to me.
Quick question, how do you split up the quotes in the post like the one you made here?
13-11-2015, 09:19 AM
(13-11-2015 08:33 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Quick question, how do you split up the quotes in the post like the one you made here?

Well.. how I do it is when I bring up the 'Reply' window, I look to see where the

{quote=' '} {/quote} are and thence carefully copy and past the lead {quote} marks are and work out where I'm going to insert the {/quote} after a sentence/paragraph. Followed by putting a new {quote='} mark in front of the next bit I wish to have 'quoted'.

(10-11-2015 01:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  No. What we know is that about 5% of the universe is made up of baryonic matter, the atomic particles of which you speak.

(10-11-2015 01:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  Maybe, but probably not. Only 5% of the universe is that stuff.

(10-11-2015 01:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  Have you any evidence for that? Sounds like a stretched metaphor to me.

Like for the above now three quotes.

Sorry if my post doesn't quite make sense. Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
13-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Bible's view of the cosmos: flat earth, moving sun. People actually buy into this?
(13-11-2015 08:33 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Quick question, how do you split up the quotes in the post like the one you made here?

just insert [/quote] and [quote] tags as needed. If you reply to one that has it you will see them.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-11-2015, 09:36 AM
(13-11-2015 09:19 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  

Well.. how I do it is when I bring up the 'Reply' window, I look to see where the

{quote=' '} {/quote} are and thence carefully copy and past the lead {quote} marks are and work out where I'm going to insert the {/quote} after a sentence/paragraph. Followed by putting a new {quote='} mark in front of the next bit I wish to have 'quoted'.

(10-11-2015 01:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  No. What we know is that about 5% of the universe is made up of baryonic matter, the atomic particles of which you speak.

(10-11-2015 01:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  Maybe, but probably not. Only 5% of the universe is that stuff.

(10-11-2015 01:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  Have you any evidence for that? Sounds like a stretched metaphor to me.

Like for the above now three quotes.

Sorry if my post doesn't quite make sense. Blush
Gotcha. This is going to make things so much easier.
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post