Bible to prove the Bible ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Bible to prove the Bible ?
When i argue with theists, they come up with the biggest non sense to justify themselves: They give me quotes from the Bible. Like "Oh, you dont believe in the Bible ? Let me go get a quote from the Bible to change your mind." Did this happen to somebody else ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2016, 10:04 AM
RE: Bible to prove the Bible ?
(27-03-2016 09:50 AM)The_Guy Wrote:  When i argue with theists, they come up with the biggest non sense to justify themselves: They give me quotes from the Bible. Like "Oh, you dont believe in the Bible ? Let me go get a quote from the Bible to change your mind." Did this happen to somebody else ?

All the time. Quotes from an old book written by people who thought bats were birds, rabbits chewed their cud and you can striped goats if you breed them in front of striped sticks doesn't hold much weight for me. The bible is also a book of claims not a book of evidence.

It's a silly old book.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
27-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Yes, of course, it s the only thing there is to prove the Babble. It is true it says so itself.
27-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Yes. But the fun part is when they can't explain away things from the Bible like the dead saints rising from their graves and marching around the city. I love the look on their faces and the go-to "Oh that's allegory." Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-03-2016, 10:36 AM
(27-03-2016 09:50 AM)The_Guy Wrote:  When i argue with theists, they come up with the biggest non sense to justify themselves: They give me quotes from the Bible. Like "Oh, you dont believe in the Bible ? Let me go get a quote from the Bible to change your mind." Did this happen to somebody else ?

It makes sense. All you have to do to prove the Bible is real is show that, yup, here it is! Big Grin

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
27-03-2016, 10:45 AM

Yes - it's called circular logic.

The babble contains words which christards interpret as facts - even though there's no evidence. christards then use the babble to support their arguments - which is just piss-poor logic. But then, few christards know any better.

There's no proof for Noah and the flood - in fact it laughable as to how ridiculous it is. The Exodus is just as stupid but it's the kind of thing that christards want to believe.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
27-03-2016, 11:16 AM
It's not exactly unpopular thing. It would be hard to find someone to whom it didn't happen.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-03-2016, 01:44 PM
(27-03-2016 09:50 AM)The_Guy Wrote:  Did this happen to somebody else ?

every damn time,

the bible is the strongest evidence for whats in the bible...... at least to their desperate deluded ears
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
27-03-2016, 04:49 PM

I have to remind Christians I debate with that they need to first prove the Bible is inerrant and truly the word of their divine God before using it as evidence. You can always counter them with Bible verses if they want to go down that road. I usually bring up the stuff about slavery, historical inaccuracies and Yahweh's blood lust. There's so much to choose from really but once they say "Well that's the Old Convenant, etc." but the OT still has the ten commandments in them they usually start to move on to something else. It's funny how most Xians in a debate will bounce from the Bible to Creationism to Morality, etc. once one argument get's shut down they just keep going around until we end up back at the Bible. As long as you have studied it and can point out it's many flaws you should be fine.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
27-03-2016, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 09:57 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
It is pretty much boilerplate. If you assume the book is true, it doesn't seem absurd to quote it to prove itself. To some christians, each book is its own body of evidence and taken together makes the case. And in the places where the books contradict themselves, it becomes allegory, context, or differing perspectives from different people.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post