Bible vs. WORLD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: Bible vs. WORLD
(26-12-2016 09:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  One of the "Jews for Jesus", or maybe a Jehovah Witness.

I suspect a "Jews for Jesus" clone who made up his own version.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2016, 09:14 PM

There was no Abraham, no Exodus, no flood, no Moses. It's ALL mythological.
Yahweh had a WIFE.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-12-2016, 09:14 PM
(26-12-2016 09:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 08:44 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Actually, can you go ahead and give me the Hebrew for that word, "Yahuashai"? Based on your spelling, I'm pronouncing that like Yah-hue-a-shy and I'm unclear how you're getting to that English transliteration based on either of two valid spellings of the Hebrew words: יהושע or the version that I understand was more popular for referring to Jesus, which was: ישוע (which is not in anyway Yiddish, because the Yiddish word for Jesus is: יאשקע). Maybe if you gave me your spelling for it and explained how you arrived at the pronunciation vowels, I'd better understand. Thank you.

That was my first impression.
One of the "Jews for Jesus", or maybe a Jehovah Witness.

I'm thinking it's one of these movements:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hebrew_Israelites
26-12-2016, 09:20 PM
I've tried more than I care to.
I can only deduce that you have no idea how to determine if something is real or not.

And it's at this point, that I no longer value anything you have to say. Your words are meaningless.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
26-12-2016, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 09:33 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Some things can be tested. Scientifically. Some things, like History, have reliable methods scholars use. Archaeology has methods researchers use to determine if something is true. Using forbidden and ignorant concepts like "prophesy" to back-test things that are twisted to fit a fake prophecy, (like the idiotic notion that an Israel that consists of MOSTLY secular Jews, no temple no king, no priests, is somehow what some ancient writer was thinking of). Even the Apostles were mistaken : "Wilt Thou Lord, at this time, re-establish the Kingdom" (Acts 1). There is no kingdom.

Faith is not about "proving" anything. If anyone had proof of something, faith would be unnecessary.
According to Paul, (and Jesus) it not even under anyone's control. It's a "gift" of the Spirit.
"No one shall come to me, UNLESS the Father draw him".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-12-2016, 10:40 PM
(26-12-2016 05:37 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  Short and Simple what is your take on The Word of Yahuah, I am not a Christian, a Hebrew Israelite from the tribe of Judah. I didnt say Jewish. I am a Jew. Take heed. Any questions on what that means I am here

Howdy.

(26-12-2016 05:37 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  but what is your take on the Word of Yahuah.

Since no gods have ever been proven to exist, I treat all such proclamations as the words of men. Beyond that, you'll have to be more specific.

(26-12-2016 06:35 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  Yahuah is the original name and correct name for God in the Bible

That's nice. Until he is proven to exist, then it is irrelevant. Call him whatever you want.

(26-12-2016 06:35 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  Yahuahshai is the name of Jesus due to the fact the J wasnt invented until the 16th century.

While jesus likely did exist, there is no way to tell what his exact words were. This is rather problematic since you would think an omnipotent deity would have thought about that, but I digress. In any case, there is no way to verify that the words attributed to jesus were in fact, spoken by jesus.

(26-12-2016 06:35 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  THE BIBLE IS FOR THE HEBREWS

Umm, OK.

(26-12-2016 07:22 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  So how did these humans know to attribute themselves the rightful establishment of a god. How would that concept be so easy to conclude

So easy that the vast majority of human cultures have created gods.

(26-12-2016 07:26 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  An atheist so your belief system is structured around absolute of nothing and in nothing came life . Your word is valid.

Don't be a dick.

Atheism is not a belief system, but it can be part of a belief system.

Atheism is relevant only to the question about god. That's it.

(26-12-2016 07:42 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  The Bible is where Yahuah lies nothing to read to far into, if you dont know Yahuah from the Bible the only true god then its not possible that you could be an atheist because you havent examined Yahuah and tested him to be true, you just leading yourself blindly

The bible is the only place to know yahuah from, since there is nothing to evidence in real life.

Do not tell anyone it is "not possible that you could be an atheist".

Do not make any assumptions about other people's knowledge, beliefs or understandings. Such assumptions cause too many problems and misunderstandings. That is why many of us here ask so many questions about what others believe. We don't want to assume.

(26-12-2016 07:52 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  You must know something to disagree. You cant dislike something you dont know is all im saying.

Again, don't assume.

(26-12-2016 08:38 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  How do you determine if something real if it proves itself. The scripture alligns with the world now.

That's a big claim. Prove it.

(26-12-2016 08:38 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  More importantly everything it predicted the Hebrews came to happen and it still happen today.

This is a problem for you.

The purpose of the biblical prophets was not to foretell the future. They were supposed to tell the ancient Hebrews what they were doing wrong and why god was angry with them.

The whole "foretell the future" bit came later, when christianity needed legitimacy.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-12-2016, 10:44 PM
(26-12-2016 09:14 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I'm thinking it's one of these movements:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hebrew_Israelites

Smite away! Thumbsup

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Wow. I'm still recovering from my holiday weekend, and slept away most of the evening, awakening just before midnight.

Missed this hilariousness.

Aliza, just wanted to tell you yet again how glad I am that you're here. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-12-2016, 02:08 AM
(26-12-2016 05:37 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  Short and Simple what is your take on The Word of Yahuah, I am not a Christian, a Hebrew Israelite from the tribe of Judah. I didnt say Jewish. I am a Jew. Take heed. Any questions on what that means I am here but what is your take on the Word of Yahuah.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

My take on it, ever since I left the JCC at age... 9ish, forget the exact number but it was around then... is that the Torah stories are distinguishable from fairy tales by no method of discernment save that a lot of people take them seriously.

(This was just in response to post 1, decided for a "cold" reply before parsing the rest of the thread. Because this looks like it's gonna shift tone real fast.)
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
27-12-2016, 02:23 AM
Okay, so, first-day review of the rookie.

(26-12-2016 07:26 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 05:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I consider it every bit as valid as the words of Odin, Zeus, and Darth Vader. What would you expect from an atheist? Why do I need to take heed of anything?
An atheist so your belief system is structured around absolute of nothing and in nothing came life . Your word is valid

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

.... eeeyup, that just happened.

This guy's not asking questions, he's clearly not primed to learn, and I'm pretty sure any attempt to set him straight on this is doomed to be ignored and/or denied.

Somehow he thinks that coming into an atheist forum to tell atheists what atheists believe when that's not what atheists believe will be productive. Somehow.

He's barely capable of communicating in more than tweet-length posts with no grammar check.

He's a marginally more coherent than Borgy, but not by much. (Far less creepy and obnoxious, though. Seriously, Borg is Special.)

He doesn't seem to be getting to a point or able to clearly enunciate a point.

.... and he's trying to lecture Aliza on the differences between Hebrew and Yiddish, without actually explaining the differences.

Popcorn

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 6 users Like Reltzik's post