Bible vs. WORLD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2016, 03:38 AM
RE: Bible vs. WORLD
What always amazes me about these types is that they come here to tell us what we think/know/believe (ha!), but have such a poor grasp on their own theology and cultural background/history of the religion they're trying to suggest we should follow them in accepting. Almost without fail, every one of them!

They come here, almost always with terrible command of the English language, and try to use the "but you atheists don't know everything!" argument, as if that's going to sway us.

All I can say is, "No, buddy, you're right about that. I don't know everything. But I definitely know a metric shit-ton more than you do."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-12-2016, 03:47 AM
(27-12-2016 03:38 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  What always amazes me about these types is that they come here to tell us what we think/know/believe (ha!), but have such a poor grasp on their own theology and cultural background/history of the religion they're trying to suggest we should follow them in accepting. Almost without fail, every one of them!

They come here, almost always with terrible command of the English language, and try to use the "but you atheists don't know everything!" argument, as if that's going to sway us.

All I can say is, "No, buddy, you're right about that. I don't know everything. But I definitely know a metric shit-ton more than you do."

The less you know more you are willing to pontify at others - it's mainly fools who have no doubts about depths of their knowledge and by extension lack of said knowledge in their interlocutors. Though I suspect that it is "sin" that I share with said fools, even if only sometimes.

It does not mean much but I don not remember meeting IRL theist that I could respect, invariably they turn to be holier than thou assholes, with poor grasp of their fairy tales. So if that's how the things look in real life why internet should be anny different?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
27-12-2016, 04:00 AM
(26-12-2016 09:11 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 09:06 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  I know Yahuah to be true because every nation knew Yahuah and he was written in every nation record.

Not until Christians invaded our lands and forced that crap on us at swordpoint. No mention whatsoever of "Yahuah" in the pre-Christian traditions and writings of My ancestors.

To be fair your crowd were kinda renowned for... beating up monks and taking their stuff... at swordpoint Tongue

What I wanna know is why are so many ofl the religious nutters we get here so goddamn incoherent? Like, this guy isn't even clear that he is or isn't a Jesus follower.

What silly religion are you pushing, Isaac-what's-yer-face, and WHY if the bible is only for Hebrews or whatever the fuck, are you telling us about it? We certainly don't want anything to do with it. Go find some Hebrews to bother Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
27-12-2016, 04:15 AM
(26-12-2016 07:25 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The Bible is just one book among many, the vision that one particular culture had of the god they followed.

Personally I prefer the Elder Edda to the Bible.

I like the "Nibleungen". It even has dragons! Cant ask for more. Big Grin

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
27-12-2016, 04:37 AM
(26-12-2016 07:26 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 05:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I consider it every bit as valid as the words of Odin, Zeus, and Darth Vader. What would you expect from an atheist? Why do I need to take heed of anything?
An atheist so your belief system is structured around absolute of nothing and in nothing came life . Your word is valid

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

As an atheist my belief system is "i dont accept the proposition that there is god x". I am disbelieving any god proposition
x = any god proposition brought forward, so far
What part of this did you not understand?

Quote:if you dont know Yahuah from the Bible the only true god then its not possible that you could be an atheist because you havent examined Yahuah and tested him to be true, you just leading yourself blindly
So you do have a new god proposition. Fine. try to convince me. Drinking Beverage
Meanwhile i stick with the default position of disbelief, if you may allow. Dodgy

Quote:You must know something to disagree.
Who said i disagree with your god proposition? I am an agnostic atheist. I dont believe in any god proposition, so far, but i am open to new ideas. Bring it! Drinking Beverage

Quote:You cant dislike something you dont know is all im saying.
Scroll up to the the start of my post where i worte about "disbelieving", not about "disliking". You seem to confuse "liking" something with "believing" something, a very common mistake of many religious people.

Quote:The scripture alligns with the world now
What scripture? What interpretation? How did you determine that it aligns? Does it align 100%, or less?

Quote:How do you determine if something real if it proves itself
You tell us, please.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
27-12-2016, 07:03 AM
I'm a just copy pasting this Deesse23 till isaac0517 gives responses to it.

Thumbsup

Not at work. Big Grin
27-12-2016, 07:35 AM
I've lost count of all the deities who are consigning me to perdition, but I'm always glad to add another to the list. Thanks for letting me know about your god, and enjoy 2017! Angel
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
27-12-2016, 07:44 AM
(27-12-2016 04:37 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 07:26 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  The scripture alligns with the world now
What scripture? What interpretation? How did you determine that it aligns? Does it align 100%, or less?

It always comes down to interpretations, and these "interpretations" are always post-hoc fallacies, just another form of verbal pareidolia. Drinking Beverage

When you enter the post-hoc rationalization world, you enter the realm of the liar, the charlatan, the con-artist, the deluded.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
27-12-2016, 07:46 AM
(26-12-2016 08:38 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  How do you determine if something real if it proves itself. The scripture alligns with the world now. More importantly everything it predicted the Hebrews came to happen and it still happen today

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is in response to my post but if it is, the way I determine if something is real is by means of reason. The scripture does not align with the world now. It affirms metaphysical subjectivism which is false. The world does not conform itself to a form of consciousness and this is perceptually self evident.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
27-12-2016, 08:08 AM
(26-12-2016 07:26 PM)isaac0517 Wrote:  An atheist so your belief system is structured around absolute of nothing and in nothing came life .

Atheism is not my belief system; it is a result of my skepticism which requires that I reject any claim for which there is insufficient evidence. Gods are just high up on that list since there is no good evidence for any gods.

I have no belief about the origin of the universe because we do not have sufficient evidence yet to explain it. I have no beiiefs about anything coming from nothing. "I do not know" is the most honest answer at this time. Life appears to have arisen spontaneously and the evidence for abiogenesis is compelling so I'm satisfied that it is reasonable to believe that given energy, the right chemicals, and time you get life.

If you want me to believe that some god exists please present the evidence for that claim. I am unconvinced at this time.

Quote:Your word is valid

Glad you agree

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post