Bible written from different points of view?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2010, 10:00 AM
RE: Bible written from different points of view?
When I was a christian kid, I used to wonder how people can interpret the bible differently. Nowadays Im not wondering about that anymore, because I found out that different churches like some parts of the bible more than others. Its fun how a christian can disagree about something in the bible with another christian, or even have a debate about how the bible should be interpreted in the right way.Big Grin

Of course the bible is written from many points of views, its a collection of books and letters, written by different people.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2010, 04:38 PM
RE: Bible written from different points of view?
Hey, TruthAddict.

Quote:I often compare quoting the Bible to establish the legitimacy of the events described in the Bible to quoting Mein Kampf as evidence for the superiority of the Aryan volk. Is this flawed?

Slightly. Mein Kampf is scientifically debunkable. So to compare ideas in an absolutely unprovable text with the absolutely indefensible ideas in an absolutely debunkable text is pretty misleading. It implies that the ideas in the first text are both indefensible and wrong.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply