Bibles handed out at school

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2016, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 07:27 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: Bibles handed out at school
(03-12-2016 06:40 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  If you really want to piss some people off, wear a "DON'T WORRY, THERE PROBABLY IS NO GOD" teeshirt while you do it. Then if the kids ask why you're handing out Qur'ans if you're not Muslim, just wink and reply,

"I am. This is a trophy from an atheist I slaughtered in the name of Allah. God says it is very important to hurt nonbelievers!"

I like the idea of handing out satanic coloring books. They teach critical thinking while having fun coloring. Smile

[Image: o-SATANIC-COLORING-BOOK-1-570.jpg?6]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Invite NAMBLA to hand out flyers.
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
04-12-2016, 04:33 PM
I doubt that the school has any sort of jurisdiction over a portion of city sidewalk where kids wait for a bus.

However, they do have a responsibility for the safety of the kids and they know that or there wouldn't have people monitoring the kids while they wait for the bus.

The problem here seems to me to be that people who are charged by the school to watch over the kids would allow a stranger to walk up and hand them anything. That, to me, is the problem here.

You may want to call the police and talk to them about adult strangers approaching kids waiting for the school bus. Let them know you are uncomfortable about strangers giving your child anything regardless of what it is.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-12-2016, 07:53 PM
(03-12-2016 07:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 06:40 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  If you really want to piss some people off, wear a "DON'T WORRY, THERE PROBABLY IS NO GOD" teeshirt while you do it. Then if the kids ask why you're handing out Qur'ans if you're not Muslim, just wink and reply,

"I am. This is a trophy from an atheist I slaughtered in the name of Allah. God says it is very important to hurt nonbelievers!"

I like the idea of handing out satanic coloring books. They teach critical thinking while having fun coloring. Smile

[Image: o-SATANIC-COLORING-BOOK-1-570.jpg?6]

I had a copy of that on my desk (off to the side, not prominent) once at a temp faculty position, having printed it off just to have a copy and it ended up as quite a conversation piece that day. Everyone had to remark on it. And then two Philosophy professors, one atheist, one Christian, both ended up wanting a copy for themselves. The atheist because he felt it was hilarious. The Christian so he could show his friends how awful it was that the Satanic Temple was 'targeting' children.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-12-2016, 08:39 PM
(04-12-2016 07:53 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  The Christian so he could show his friends how awful it was that the Satanic Temple was 'targeting' children.

The irony, it burns!!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
05-12-2016, 01:35 AM
As someone who was targeted by a pedophile when I was 8, hearing about something like this happening to my child would make me go a little nuts... People who target children (for WHATEVER reason) will often try to initiate a relationship by giving the child(ren) small gifts... anything from candy to cool little toys or books, etc. I would discuss with my child that they are not to take ANYTHING from an adult they don't know, and that if they can, they need to put some distance between themselves and the person, and find a teacher (or other adult "authority" - maybe even a police officer?) and tell them about it.

Even if what they are doing is on public property and therefore legal, it absolutely rings all kinds of alarm bells for adults to be handing out anything to children they don't know, without the parents' permission. If there was no way to get this stopped, I'd be giving my kid(s) a ride every day, or accompanying them to and from the bus-stop or finding some way to make sure that they were not alone and vulnerable to this. But I do agree with those that suggested contacted the Freedom From Religion Foundation, perhaps they might be of help.

In ancient Egypt, cats were worshipped as gods.... they have never forgotten this
(And yes, that gorgeous creature in my avatar is my very own lovely psycho-kitty-Queen)
[+] 3 users Like Closet-Heathen's post
07-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Even if Santa was handing out presents he should first get the okay from the school. Those kids are clearly still under the school umbrella when passing from school to school bus... and they even have a school monitor ... doing what? permitting what they personally find inoffensive ie not doing their job. We should recognise that plenty of people might find religious books in general to be potentially dangerous if read without supervision !? Fortunately very few people really read digest and act out what it contains.
[+] 1 user Likes Blanci's post
07-12-2016, 12:35 PM
(02-12-2016 09:20 PM)Nobdybeatsthehmr Wrote:  I need some help. My son received a bible from a guy while waiting to go home from school yesterday. My son was standing where he always does waiting for the school bus when a man walked up to the group of kids and started handing out mini bibles. I called the school and was informed that the church knew its rights on this subject and that where the kids wait is considered city property. It sounds like the busses pull up to a city sidewalk to get the kids.
This sounds very odd to me. Is this a public school? I have never seen a public school that doesn't have its own bus pick-up area. Now, if this is the case at this school and that is what they are calling "city property", it probably technically is. But still it doesn't sound right that just anyone can wonder anywhere onto the school property unchecked especially when kids are outside. Schools my kids have attended have required visitors to go to the main office, sign in, get a visitor's pass, and then they can only go where specifically permitted.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.