Biblical Loophole for Bisexuals (Humor)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Biblical Loophole for Bisexuals (Humor)
This is mostly just for fun and very tongue-in-cheek, but if a theist ever wants to see what taking a Bible verse out of context really looks like, this might be a good example, and ironically, in this case, it makes the Bible sound slightly better rather than worse.

The NIV says, "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman. That is detestable." I checked the KJV, and while it may be a bit more of a stretch, I think it's still possible to interpret it like I'm about to.

This could be read as a prohibition against having the same kind of sex with men that you do with women. So, for instance, if a bisexual man only ever has vaginal sex with women and reserves anal sex strictly for other men, then is he guiltless in God's eyes? For good measure, might he also use a different position for each gender (maybe missionary for women and doggy for men)?

This is just a little something that occurred to me while writing a more serious essay on the moral argument, and I thought someone might get a chuckle out of it.

The only sacred truth in science is that there are no sacred truths. – Carl Sagan
Sōla vēritās sancta in philosophiā nātūrālī est absentia vēritātum sanctārum.
Ἡ μόνη ἱερᾱ̀ ἀληθείᾱ ἐν φυσικῇ φιλοσοφίᾳ ἐστίν ἡ ἱερῶν ἀληθειῶν σπάνις.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: Biblical Loophole for Bisexuals (Humor)
Why not ? If Adam had sex with animals (Genesis 2:20), why stop there.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-06-2017, 06:04 PM
RE: Biblical Loophole for Bisexuals (Humor)
Oh sure! You can use just about any interpretation you want to justify anything you want. You should see the rationalizations on this:

The Bible Does Not Condemn Homosexuality. Why Does Franklin Graham Not Get This?

The bad news is that this is extremely dishonest intellectually, the good news is that you can rationalize away all of the barbaric iron-age morality in the bible. Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition