Biblical criticism by Robert M Price

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 07:37 AM
Biblical criticism by Robert M Price
I thought I had been through every RMP video. Apparently I missed this one from Skepticon 2009 about biblical criticism. Great insight of the basics and more...

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
19-06-2015, 06:13 AM
RE: Biblical criticism by Robert M Price
This should be good if they can make it happen:

Bart Ehrman and Robert Price Debate

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
19-06-2015, 06:23 AM
My advice is simple.
READ THE FUCKING BIBLE!

You no longer need Mr price or anyone else. I read it daily to learn it and to fight it.

Of course now I am tired of it. Did my head in. The stupid was simply too over powering.

Bottom line. STOP expecting others to do the work for you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-06-2015, 09:38 PM
(19-06-2015 06:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  My advice is simple.
READ THE FUCKING BIBLE!

You no longer need Mr price or anyone else. I read it daily to learn it and to fight it.

Of course now I am tired of it. Did my head in. The stupid was simply too over powering.

I agree--it is important to read the Bible all the way through and not just listen to what others have to say. It's always important to form your own opinion on things. I have read the Bible many times over. However, I do think scholars can provide valuable insight that a layperson may not readily know. There are many cultural and historical references (not too mention various literary devices) in the Bible that I don't think the average person can easily make sense of on their own.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
19-06-2015, 11:07 PM
(19-06-2015 09:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
READ THE FUCKING BIBLE!

I agree--it is important to read the Bible all the way through and not just listen to what others have to say. It's always important to form your own opinion on things. I have read the Bible many times over. However, I do think scholars can provide valuable insight that a layperson may not readily know. There are many cultural and historical references (not too mention various literary devices) in the Bible that I don't think the average person can easily make sense of on their own.

I can't. I get stuck on the begats.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-06-2015, 02:02 AM
(19-06-2015 11:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 09:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree--it is important to read the Bible all the way through and not just listen to what others have to say. It's always important to form your own opinion on things. I have read the Bible many times over. However, I do think scholars can provide valuable insight that a layperson may not readily know. There are many cultural and historical references (not too mention various literary devices) in the Bible that I don't think the average person can easily make sense of on their own.

I can't. I get stuck on the begats.

Pro tip: Skip the begats. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-06-2015, 04:43 AM
(19-06-2015 06:13 AM)unfogged Wrote:  This should be good if they can make it happen:

Bart Ehrman and Robert Price Debate

Thanks for this! I will back this project immediately.

**Crickets** -- God
20-06-2015, 04:47 AM
READ THE FUCKING BIBLE!

The bible is the biggest proponant for atheism; no doubt about it. However, there still remains a mystique about it that I enjoy. i.e. finding the contradictions, studying the history, etc.

**Crickets** -- God
20-06-2015, 05:56 AM
I apologise for my response to this thread. I was not myself yesterday.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-06-2015, 08:14 AM
(20-06-2015 05:56 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I apologise for my response to this thread. I was not myself yesterday.

No worries Big Grin We still like you even when you get a little snarky lol. It's all part of your Banjo charm Heart Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post