Biblical criticism by Robert M Price

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2015, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2015 10:37 AM by Matt Finney.)
RE: Biblical criticism by Robert M Price
(19-06-2015 06:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  My advice is simple.
READ THE FUCKING BIBLE!

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2015, 09:38 AM
(19-06-2015 11:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 09:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree--it is important to read the Bible all the way through and not just listen to what others have to say. It's always important to form your own opinion on things. I have read the Bible many times over. However, I do think scholars can provide valuable insight that a layperson may not readily know. There are many cultural and historical references (not too mention various literary devices) in the Bible that I don't think the average person can easily make sense of on their own.

I can't. I get stuck on the begats.

I have never read the bibble. Catholic - we didn't need to. Tongue When I left the church I decided I would read it - the begats begat the end of that for me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-06-2015, 09:55 AM
(20-06-2015 02:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 11:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I can't. I get stuck on the begats.

Pro tip: Skip the begats. Thumbsup

But if you do that, you miss the "evidence" of a 6000 year old earth and the screwed up geneology of Jesus.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
28-06-2015, 06:34 PM
(19-06-2015 06:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  My advice is simple.
READ THE FUCKING BIBLE!

You no longer need Mr price or anyone else. I read it daily to learn it and to fight it.

Of course now I am tired of it. Did my head in. The stupid was simply too over powering.

Bottom line. STOP expecting others to do the work for you.

It's also important to read about the babble. It can then be put in correct perspective.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2015, 08:19 PM
(19-06-2015 11:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 09:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree--it is important to read the Bible all the way through and not just listen to what others have to say. It's always important to form your own opinion on things. I have read the Bible many times over. However, I do think scholars can provide valuable insight that a layperson may not readily know. There are many cultural and historical references (not too mention various literary devices) in the Bible that I don't think the average person can easily make sense of on their own.

I can't. I get stuck on the begats.

Yeah. I know what you mean. All those fuckin begats.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.