Biblical prophecies: proof for the existence of a God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 05:25 AM
RE: Biblical prophecies: proof for the existence of a God?
(19-08-2014 05:10 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 05:04 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You can try to find a single clear "Logical" contradiction in Quran!
Umm no buddy, you're the one going around and saying you can "prove" this or that. Come on, show us your hand.
Actually it is not my main purpose to just present the proof (Eventually I'll do it)

I'm trying to get ideas for the book, so we can start by the introduction, then a brief about Atheism
So I appreciate if you give me some ideas
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2014, 05:32 AM
(19-08-2014 05:25 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 05:10 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  Umm no buddy, you're the one going around and saying you can "prove" this or that. Come on, show us your hand.
Actually it is not my main purpose to just present the proof (Eventually I'll do it)

I'm trying to get ideas for the book, so we can start by the introduction, then a brief about Atheism
Well yes, I could give you some ideas but I'm not sure you'd appreciate them...Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes DunkleSeele's post
19-08-2014, 05:40 AM
(19-08-2014 05:32 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 05:25 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Actually it is not my main purpose to just present the proof (Eventually I'll do it)

Well yes, I could give you some ideas but I'm not sure you'd appreciate them...Tongue
I'll be glad to read strong (yet logical) arguments or refutations

Don't by shyBlush
19-08-2014, 05:44 AM
(19-08-2014 04:49 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 04:22 AM)dylan Wrote:  Some of the content in there is outstanding, especially pages 105-106.

Now, those prophecies are very specific and raised a lot of questions in my head.

The only explanation other than "it was God telling us the future" is that we are dealing with post-factum prophecies (prophecies that were written after the events that they predict).
You forgot another option!

This prophecies (some) can be true from God, but what about the rest of the Bible????

We as Muslims believe that the Bible was originally from God, but was altered (many times) by the church, people, mistakes, missing texts, translations, etc.

So the current Bible(s) is far from being from God at all.

and this can be proven easily with the amount of scientific errors, contradictions, non-sense in the Bible

But what can not be proven is that it was originally from God. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-08-2014, 05:46 AM
(19-08-2014 05:25 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 05:10 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  Umm no buddy, you're the one going around and saying you can "prove" this or that. Come on, show us your hand.

Boring. Present a proof or shut the fuck up.

Moderators: I call sock puppet. This style is very familiar.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
19-08-2014, 05:46 AM
(19-08-2014 05:40 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 05:32 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  Well yes, I could give you some ideas but I'm not sure you'd appreciate them...Tongue
I'll be glad to read strong (yet logical) arguments or refutations

Don't by shyBlush
You completely missed the point, didn't you?Laughat
19-08-2014, 08:20 AM
(19-08-2014 05:04 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You can try to find a single clear "Logical" contradiction in Quran!

Here's 32

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
25-08-2014, 06:20 AM
(19-08-2014 08:20 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Here's 32
Sorry, I cannot open this link (it is banned in my country)
but as I told you, just pick the top three and we can discuss them in a separate thread.
25-08-2014, 06:24 AM
(25-08-2014 06:20 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 08:20 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Here's 32
but as I told you, just pick the top three and we can discuss them in a separate thread.

How convenient Consider I'm not spamming the forum with more threads just so you can keep talking out of your ass and proving nothing.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
25-08-2014, 06:33 AM
(25-08-2014 06:20 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 08:20 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Here's 32

Which country is that? One where people get arrested or murdered for picking on a god which is "all powerful" and should be able to fight battles for itself without help?

If you live in a country that bans free speech, I feel sorry for you because if they catch you even talking to us you will become their enemy for even daring to do such.

One thing about the secular west we have that most of the Middle East, far too much of it does not have, is the agreement that you can say what you want about others even if it offends them, but no one has the right to get violent over it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post