Biblical prophecies: proof for the existence of a God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2014, 04:33 PM
RE: Biblical prophecies: proof for the existence of a God?
(27-08-2014 07:04 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 09:14 AM)Baruch Wrote:  Contradictions in the QUran....for Muslim
(by the way, how come your country doesn't ban
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com.
Perhaps it is an opportunity to find new recruits for Jihad ?

Which Allah created first, heaven or earth?

HEAVEN ?
79:27-30
Are ye the harder to create, or is the heaven that He built? He raised the height thereof and ordered it; And He made dark the night thereof, and He brought forth the morn thereof. And after that He spread the earth....

vs

EARTH ?
2:29
He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth. Then turned He to the heaven, and fashioned it as seven heavens.

41:9-12
Say (O Muhammad, unto the idolaters): Disbelieve ye verily in Him Who created the earth in two Days ... Then turned He to the heaven ... Then He ordained them seven heavens in two Days ....
it is not a contradiction, because the verbs are different
Creation: Heavens first
but ordinate them after he created the earth

By the way Earth doesn't have to be our Earth, the word used is more close to ground, land, etc.

After The Christian god created the earth
After Yahweh created the earth
After Vishnu created the earth

You do understand creation stories are not even unique to the books of Abraham.

Chinese have had their creation stories, Mayans, Native Americans, Aborigines.

The myths human make are not a result of their scientific understanding of reality but because of their own ignorance and flawed perceptions.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2014, 12:18 AM
(27-08-2014 04:33 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 07:04 AM)Muslim Wrote:  it is not a contradiction, because the verbs are different
Creation: Heavens first
but ordinate them after he created the earth

By the way Earth doesn't have to be our Earth, the word used is more close to ground, land, etc.

After The Christian god created the earth

The myths human make are not a result of their scientific understanding of reality but because of their own ignorance and flawed perceptions.
Most of the stories have the same origin (from God)
People changed it bit by bit (Translations, communications, etc.)
the only book that was not changed is Quran
Find all posts by this user
28-08-2014, 12:21 AM
(27-08-2014 07:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
Quote:the act of saying something that is opposite or very different in meaning to something else
Therefor saying heaven was created first then saying Earth was created first is a contradiction no matter if you use different verbs.
I didn't think that you are that dump!

There is no contradiction, because the second statement is not talking about creation, it is talking about changing heavens into 7
28-08-2014, 03:52 AM
(28-08-2014 12:21 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 07:19 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Therefor saying heaven was created first then saying Earth was created first is a contradiction no matter if you use different verbs.
I didn't think that you are that dump!

There is no contradiction, because the second statement is not talking about creation, it is talking about changing heavens into 7

You are though since you can't even spell dumb right and no it's talking about creating.
Fashion means
Quote:use materials to make into

Therefor he made or created it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-08-2014, 04:05 AM
(28-08-2014 12:18 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 04:33 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  After The Christian god created the earth

Most of the stories have the same origin (from God)
People changed it bit by bit (Translations, communications, etc.)
the only book that was not changed is Quran

Except that Chinese, Greek, Roman, Persian, Sumerian, Canaanite, Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Zoroaster, and hundreds of other uncounted religions all predate Islam by centuries, if not millennium. So there is that...

But what should we expect? You're a dumbshit ignorant fundy.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-08-2014, 05:09 AM
(28-08-2014 12:18 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Most of the stories have the same origin (from God)

No. Humans wrote all human texts. Until you can prove your assertion, for which you have provided no evidence, any rational person would assume human writing has human origins.

(28-08-2014 12:18 AM)Muslim Wrote:  People changed it bit by bit (Translations, communications, etc.)

Just like all transmitted human texts, including the Quran, they changed. We have proof of the prior origins and assembly of various texts, including translation and copying errors.

(28-08-2014 12:18 AM)Muslim Wrote:  the only book that was not changed is Quran

Assertion with no evidence. We know the Quran has many inclutions from prior Arabic poetry, stories and verses from prior works. There is nothing unique or different about the Quran, (a totally human work, of human literature). If you assert something else, you must provide the proof. You have none.

I have mountains of evidence the Quran drew upon pre-existing works. It is not of divine origin. It was totally cooked up by humans.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ns?page=25 #247
You can refute nothing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
31-08-2014, 11:08 PM
[Image: Tyre%252CLebonan%252CBible%252CProphesy%252CFailed.jpg]

Whoops, god fails again....

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
31-08-2014, 11:18 PM
(31-08-2014 11:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: Tyre%252CLebonan%252CBible%252CProphesy%252CFailed.jpg]

Whoops, god fails again....

I like the fact the chapter ezekiel has the failed prophecy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-09-2014, 01:13 AM
(28-08-2014 05:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 12:18 AM)Muslim Wrote:  People changed it bit by bit (Translations, communications, etc.)

Just like all transmitted human texts, including the Quran, they changed. We have proof of the prior origins and assembly of various texts, including translation and copying errors.
Translations are not Quran, they are just translations (they must have errors)

Quote:I have mountains of evidence the Quran drew upon pre-existing works. It is not of divine origin. It was totally cooked up by humans.
You can bring you top 2-3 points for debate.
02-09-2014, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 10:10 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-09-2014 01:13 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 05:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Just like all transmitted human texts, including the Quran, they changed. We have proof of the prior origins and assembly of various texts, including translation and copying errors.
Translations are not Quran, they are just translations (they must have errors)

Quote:I have mountains of evidence the Quran drew upon pre-existing works. It is not of divine origin. It was totally cooked up by humans.
You can bring you top 2-3 points for debate.

I can do anything I fucking please. You do not make the rules here. You seem to keep forgetting that. I posted the long piece I wrote. Anyone can read it. I could care less what you do or don't do. You have demonstrated you're not worth engaging with. Anyone actually interested can read the thread and bring up anything they like. You are unimportant here.

"Translations are not Quran".
LOL
Oh right.
*As if* there is some pristine original version sitting someone to check everything against. The extraordinary claim, (requiring extraordinary evidence), is that this set of texts has anything other than human origins. There is no evidence it does. You have no evidence it does. The fact the Quran includes many elements from prior stories, works, and poetry PROVES it has no divine origins, but was cooked up by humans. You know it, and everyone knows it. In fact the original Quran (every scholar knows) had the Satanic Verses included, which were removed. Why did Muslims have such a cow when Rushdie's book was published ? Because at some level they KNOW it's a threat.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.