Big Bang Atheist’s bane

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2010, 11:51 AM
RE: Big Bang Atheist’s bane
I've heard it but I have no idea if it has any scientific validity to it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2010, 10:58 PM
My friend had to explain it to me, I think it is more of a hypothesis on how the Big Bang worked, not quite a theory (until we learn that the property of the matter reverses if pulled closely enough, because low of conservation of matter says it can not be destroyed).
02-01-2011, 12:21 AM
I have heard of the big crunch where the universe slows down then stops it's expansion and proceeds to collapse back into itself. This theory made no mention of time reversing.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
02-01-2011, 01:47 AM
It's really based on the Law of conservation of matter, and the disassociation that is theorized to occur if matter spreads out too far (which I find highly possible because of the two forces that seperated, I think it was gravity and magnetism, but I can not recall). But I speak of it more as a hypothesis, because I don't think there is hard evidence that backs it up. It actually sounds possible, because if you think about matter being compressed into a point, it can't be destroyed, and it would have no room to expand, so one way out of this would be for the properties to reverse. However the disassociation is only based on the seperation of forces theorized to have occured in the past (as far as my knowledge goes). I'll let you know if there is more conclusive studies on this if I can find any. It's the only Big Bang that makes sense to me to this date, because without there would be no point for something to occur, however if the universe were on a loop (along with time) then it would work. This is not to be mistakened with the buddhist conception of the big bang where they believe that the gravity of the objects is what causes them to collapse and expand, the hypothesis is based on the properties of matter and time.