Big Bang Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2015, 01:58 AM
RE: Big Bang Theory
I burnt out on it. There was probably a time in 12-13 I watched a bunch of it, including watching re-runs and such and enjoyed it.

On many fronts, I've been compared to Howard far more than I would like, but I can't deny any of the comparisons ever made. Drinking Beverage:

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2015, 03:19 AM
I used to enjoy watching it but as often happens when a long running TV series runs out of inspiration, it started to have increasingly more lazy jokes which which were trying to be offensive and shocking rather than novel. And when I say lazy I mean formulaic and going for the easy shots.

Family Guy is a classic example of this.

After a while I just realised that I had lost all interest in it and gave up.
27-10-2015, 05:11 AM
They occasionally get stuff really wrong though...

The second episode (season 1) --- I suppose they could be intentionally making Howard look stupid --- when they talk of fabricating a heat sink out of aluminum -- he offers to go get his acetylene torch to weld it.......

While technically possible to do, it's the worst possible way to weld aluminum, and I wouldn't want to try doing it on the carpet in somebody's apartment.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-10-2015, 05:55 AM
I used to like it, but in my opinion, it got bad after Amy got introduced in the slow.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
27-10-2015, 06:46 AM
I like it. I came across the reruns and started watching those, didn't see them when they came out.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-10-2015, 07:21 AM
No. Ewww. Can't watch any show with a laugh track.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-10-2015, 07:27 AM
Live audience. Not canned.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-10-2015, 08:21 AM

Either way, the situation of laugh induced breaks in sitcoms is a bit glaring now that there are many more who go without it.

Though really the whole presence of "reality" set up shows like the Office/ParksnRec that have the supposed being recorded by a camera crew often replace that role of laughter insertion with the deadpan look at the camera with a Dodgy like face to alert the audience, laugh here.

That's the thing with BBT & Fraiser that is silly to me. They have the laughter set up to where the character is supposed to be saying something smart, then that's literally the joke itself so the audience is laughing to it's applause sign at that moment.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
27-10-2015, 08:30 AM
I don't mind TBB and I like Amy particularly her reaction in the episode when Sheldon buys her a tiara. But Parks and Recreation is far superior. I love that show!!

[Image: ronwisdom.jpg]

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 3 users Like Eva's post
02-11-2015, 08:25 PM
I love it, but agree the past season has lost some luster. When I had shoulder surgery, I wore my "Sing Soft Kitty to me" button. I was sure one of the doctors or nurses would get it, but no one said anything. I was disappointed. I wore it out in public while still in my arm sling, and a couple of people commented on it. No one sang to me though.