Big Bang might be wrong?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: Big Bang might be wrong?
(11-02-2015 08:40 AM)Sam Wrote:  Quarks and Quasars published an article clarifying the study.

The big bang happened alright, what this new model does is it removes the problematic singularity...

I can't link to it on mobile, but I'll find it on the PC in a bit.

Yeah that first article left that out... Maybe for clickbait purposes? I hope not, but this is the world we live in.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-02-2015, 03:57 PM
the big bang is just a theory, therefore it is as valid as intelligent design - One of the worst arguments for creationism ever..

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
11-02-2015, 04:02 PM
"Intelligent Design" is a rebranding to make the previous version "It was MAGIC!" sound more plausable.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-02-2015, 10:25 PM
(11-02-2015 06:31 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 02:16 AM)Nurse Wrote:  [Image: Sheldon-the-big-bang-theory-33678609-400-216.gif]

Omg I almost missed an opportunity for a Sheldon gif. I Heart him.

LOVE big bang theory, best show since friends Yes

It IS Friends. Think about it, and watch the plots to see how many times Chuck Lorre rips off Marta Kaufmann.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2015, 07:13 AM
Someone recently posted this video on FB. I don't know what he's talking about, but its the same diagram. lol

Edit: Seriously, I've tried to listen to this video several times, and after a few seconds he just sounds like the adults from Charlie Brown to me. I still don't know what his point is.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
12-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Is that Abe Vigoda???

Looks like him.... Sounds like a mental patient.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-02-2015, 02:27 PM
This, and other, alternative theories to the big bang have been around for decades. This is nothing new. They seem to hit the public eye, every few years with a little different twist, as we come to understand more about the big bang. The more we learn about it, the more it becomes clear that the universe was created from nothing. Lots of people cannot handle the idea that "god" is unnecessary to the existence of the universe. They think if they find another creation theory god will become necessary but even under this variation of the steady state theory, god still isn't needed.

[I apologize for babbling but the only way physics can be explained sometimes is through mathematical equations or through babbling language. To a lot of folks, the equations are as irritating as the babbling language.]
12-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Interesting paper. This part baked my noodle a bit: This follows from the requirement of causality; even if matter exists beyond
the horizon (the condensate), it will have no effect on what is inside the horizon, including the wavefunction. That is pretty trippy when you think about it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
16-02-2015, 01:01 AM
(11-02-2015 11:28 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 08:35 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  The way I see it is, no beginning = no creator.Gasp

Yes. The Big Bang theory was originally proposed by a Catholic priest, and was resisted by scientists because it implied a beginning, and therefore, the possibility of a creator. I would expect religious people to be more comfortable with the Big Bang theory than with its absence.

Read between the lines people! Angry
God obviously planted false information for these researchers to contradict evidence of his existence and test the resolve of his followers. Have faith in God's plan, know that there's a purpose to all that he does in this life and your salvation will be assured. Smile

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
19-02-2015, 09:36 PM
why do people even mention god in the science section of an atheist forum? Tongue

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post