Big News From Large Hadron Collider!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2010, 02:28 AM
RE: Big News From Large Hadron Collider!
I had absolutely no fear or thought of a black hole consuming us all. I heard the idea and thought that it was more fundie bullshit. I am, however, worried that if a lizard gets into the LHC we might end up with a Godzilla like monster running around the Alps eating tourists and skiiers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Well, LHC is amazing! I was afraid that they could open a gateway to hell like Doom 3 hehe. Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2010, 08:23 AM
I can already imagine the scandal: ''A million times hotter than the center of the sun? The earth's gonna burn!''

And the blackhole thing was just ridiculous...

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
10-11-2010, 06:51 PM
This is very cool.

And, as someone who grew up at the Jersey shore (well, 30 minutes from the ocean but close enough, thank you very much), I just want to point out that those losers are from New York!

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
11-11-2010, 07:01 PM
So I looked further into the numbers.
A neutron star exploding produces temperatures 6000 times hotter than the core of the Sun.
That's the hottest thing I can think of that occurs in the universe by itself. The Large Hadron
Collider produced temperatures a MILLION times hotter than the core of the Sun.

If I am correct (please correct me if I am wrong, I may be getting excited over false
claims here) humans are producing the highest temperatures in the universe as we know it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
11-11-2010, 07:08 PM

Since the beginning of the universe, yes. The whole point was to re create conditions right after the big bang so these temperatures are unprecedented since the beginning of the universe (unless there are alien species out their doing crazy shit).

EDIT: To be fair to the universe, this was only achieved for a very brief period of time with a very small mass. Stars maintain 18 million degree temperatures and higher for periods of millions to billions of years with larger quantities of mass.
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2010 08:13 PM by Cetaceaphile.)
I still think they could cause a shitstorm here.

For all we know the only reason they haven't ripped a giant hole in space-time is because Time Agents from a ruined future stopped them from doing so in order to fix their own lives xD

Seriously though, thats a real kick in the teeth for the creationists... Well it might be. They ignore the pictures of the explosion picked up from radio telescope and the images of the radiation left over from the big bang and all that, so why not a mini big bang ignored? xD

Edit:
Also for humans producing the highest temperatures I wouldn't bet on it. It's almost impossible that someone somewhere isn't driving a ship around that has an engine core that burns hotter. :3
Also; what is the burning temperature in a matter anti-matter explosion?

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user