Big Vitamin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2016, 04:11 PM
RE: Big Vitamin
(01-01-2016 04:07 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 03:31 PM)John Silver Wrote:  You see there is no way I can give any scientific proof for these...just that I do this and it seems to work out...

Yes there is, because of the ingestion were the reason then it would show up in cynical trials. It would be repeatable, and it's not. You can give personal anecdotes until you are blue in the face but if your results are not repeatable in ANY WAY at all then they are probably wrong. You are probably operating under a misapprehension.

Again millions of people make the exact same argument about homeopathic "medicine" and we KNOW they are wrong. Every time Colloidal Silver ingestion is investigated in a controlled and stringent manner we get the same results: that it does not work.
Facts beat personal anecdotes.

Can you not read and comprehend when a person differs to you?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2016, 04:16 PM
(01-01-2016 03:47 PM)John Silver Wrote:  Wow bro...Thought we have moved on here?
Who's we? I'm still waiting for your evidence and scientific validation which you claimed you had. Don't get me wrong I'm with Girly I think you will make a perfectly fine addition to the forum, that's not in contention by me at all.
But until you either provide supporting evidence or acknowledge your belief in colloidal silver ingestion is NOT backed by the current peer-reviewed science then the claim to which I took issue is still in play.

(01-01-2016 03:47 PM)John Silver Wrote:  not christian tactics
Both trying to tell me what I think and what I believe, as well as accusing me of being angry instead of addressing my criticism are tactics that have been employed by every single theist I have ever debated on this forum. I have called them out as such before and I have no doubt I shall do so again.

(01-01-2016 03:47 PM)John Silver Wrote:  ......just fucking with you....?
Is in your mind an acceptable course of action to a person simply wanting to know what your evidence is in support of a medical practice that has been repeatedly debunked over and over? K.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
01-01-2016, 04:18 PM
(01-01-2016 04:05 PM)John Silver Wrote:  you have stated your case of the ass with me...and you appear to have won your battle now what???? Do we keep hashing this?
So long as you recognize that your claim is unsupported scientifically and that anecdotes aren't evidence then I see no reason to keep hashing it out at all. I'm interested in scientific literacy.

01-01-2016, 04:21 PM
(01-01-2016 04:11 PM)John Silver Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 04:07 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Yes there is, because of the ingestion were the reason then it would show up in cynical trials. It would be repeatable, and it's not. You can give personal anecdotes until you are blue in the face but if your results are not repeatable in ANY WAY at all then they are probably wrong. You are probably operating under a misapprehension.

Again millions of people make the exact same argument about homeopathic "medicine" and we KNOW they are wrong. Every time Colloidal Silver ingestion is investigated in a controlled and stringent manner we get the same results: that it does not work.
Facts beat personal anecdotes.

Can you not read and comprehend when a person differs to you?
Yes....that's why were are arguing. If I thought we did not differ...I....I wouldn't have anything to take issue with. Obviously. I get that you differ but your opinion is demonstrably wrong, your personal bias and credulity don't change that. You are not differing with me you are differing with the scientific consensus and all the evidence that shows ingestion of Colloidal Silver has no benefit to personal health.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
01-01-2016, 04:32 PM

Want to know the funny thing about alternative medicine? When it works. It becomes Medicine.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
01-01-2016, 04:37 PM

#sigh
01-01-2016, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 04:42 PM by John Silver.)
Ok Whiskey...3 times I have conceded to the point you are making.

We are at an impasse here..I know not what else to say to you....but to keep arguing over this now after the concession seems pointless does it not?

Also,Why do you seem to think I'm a theist? I said in my intro post That I was not.

***edited due to other post made while I was thinking the best course of action to avoid escalation with a gentleman passionately defending his position and statements.***
Ok..after just reading your last post I'm going to drop it all.
01-01-2016, 04:49 PM
(01-01-2016 04:21 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 04:11 PM)John Silver Wrote:  Can you not read and comprehend when a person differs to you?
Yes....that's why were are arguing. If I thought we did not differ...I....I wouldn't have anything to take issue with. Obviously. I get that you differ but your opinion is demonstrably wrong, your personal bias and credulity don't change that. You are not differing with me you are differing with the scientific consensus and all the evidence that shows ingestion of Colloidal Silver has no benefit to personal health.

Oh my ...my poor spelling seems to be a source of further contention....What I had wanted to spell was DEFER to...not differ to...

Whiskey....due to that error on my dumb-ass I hope it makes more sense to you about my last few posts and answers.
01-01-2016, 04:55 PM
(01-01-2016 04:38 PM)John Silver Wrote:  Also,Why do you seem to think I'm a theist? I said in my intro post That I was not.

I don't think you are, you were just using the same kind of debate tactics as they routinely do.

However as there does appear to have been a bit of miscommunication I think it's best we put the whole thing to rest. Don't take me wrong though, while I fully acknowledge a tendency towards bulldoggedness on my part, don't let that think I dislike you. Seem like a grand fellow and a good addition to the forum. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
01-01-2016, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 05:07 PM by John Silver.)
Haahaaa Ok then well,..if there is an "egg on the Face" reward, award, or even badge of dishonor...then I will proudly wear it today ....it would seem I have 1/2 dozen or so dripping about now Smile

PS; NY. resolution of mine....learn to speak and spell English...
[+] 1 user Likes John Silver's post