Big convention bounce for Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: Big convention bounce for Trump
It's WAY too early for polls. Come talk to me after the debates start.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
25-07-2016, 02:59 PM
(25-07-2016 02:36 PM)BnW Wrote:  It's WAY too early for polls. Come talk to me after the debates start.

Exactly. Also, the 538 only says if an election were held today it thinks Trump would win, but when you click the other two options, who would win given polls and historical data on Nov. 8 has her crushing him, while the polls-only option still has her winning by 7%.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-07-2016, 03:30 PM
(25-07-2016 02:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 01:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In your dreams. You actually think Bernie supporters will vote for Trump ?
Laugh out load .. Laugh out load .. Laugh out load .. Laugh out load
Well, that's what the polls are showing. A whopping 22% of them say they are going to vote for Trump instead of Hillary. This particular poll is from June, mind you, so it doesn't even factor in the effect of the current DNC scandal.

Actually, the NBC News/WSJ poll taken July 9-13 among Bernie supporters had them voting 76 percent for Hillary, a paltry 11 percent for Trump.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
25-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Given the news of the DNC's treatment of Sanders, I'd say a poll from before the weekend is out the window. His supporters are PISSED. And, a lot of them blame her.

This could cost her the election.

25-07-2016, 03:40 PM
(25-07-2016 03:32 PM)BnW Wrote:  Given the news of the DNC's treatment of Sanders, I'd say a poll from before the weekend is out the window. His supporters are PISSED. And, a lot of them blame her.

Doubtful. Those voters always felt the system was rigged and that Bernie was fighting an uphill battle. This confirmed it for them, but doesn't change their vote to Trump. It doesn't make that demagogue more appealing, it doesn't change his policies and lack of experience, it doesn't change the fact that a Hillary is implementing much of what Bernie wanted and is the ONLY chance Bernie's ideas get into the White House.

Just wait till next week.

----
25-07-2016, 03:50 PM
I am fucking sick of Bernie Bots, and I VOTED FOR HIM, claiming all sorts of conspiracy garbage. Does it even matter to anyone that he himself is STILL supporting Hillary?

This is fucking bullshit. This division is exactly what is helping Trump and if we don't stand united we will have an unstable country and world under a very dangerous demagogue. Pick your battles. Bernie supports Hillary now and he will still be a voice along with Warren after Hillary wins, but it will be far more difficult to reverse the GOP damage if not impossible under Trump.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
25-07-2016, 03:55 PM
(25-07-2016 03:40 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 03:32 PM)BnW Wrote:  Given the news of the DNC's treatment of Sanders, I'd say a poll from before the weekend is out the window. His supporters are PISSED. And, a lot of them blame her.

Doubtful. Those voters always felt the system was rigged and that Bernie was fighting an uphill battle. This confirmed it for them, but doesn't change their vote to Trump. It doesn't make that demagogue more appealing, it doesn't change his policies and lack of experience, it doesn't change the fact that a Hillary is implementing much of what Bernie wanted and is the ONLY chance Bernie's ideas get into the White House.

I don't think they will vote Trump. They may just stay home. Or vote Jill Stein. We will see. There is a lot of time and predictions in July are just guesses.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
25-07-2016, 04:01 PM
(25-07-2016 03:55 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 03:40 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Doubtful. Those voters always felt the system was rigged and that Bernie was fighting an uphill battle. This confirmed it for them, but doesn't change their vote to Trump. It doesn't make that demagogue more appealing, it doesn't change his policies and lack of experience, it doesn't change the fact that a Hillary is implementing much of what Bernie wanted and is the ONLY chance Bernie's ideas get into the White House.

I don't think they will vote Trump. They may just stay home. Or vote Jill Stein. We will see. There is a lot of time and predictions in July are just guesses.

Perhaps.

I forgot to say, the percentage of people who would vote for neither or someone else was 13.

----
25-07-2016, 04:12 PM
I know a few people who were going to vote for her who now say they will not. My examples are anecdotal and they may change their minds, but I think she has a realproblem with these mails.

Again.

25-07-2016, 04:16 PM
Seeing reports on some websites that wikileaks is planning another round of email leaks that should reopen an FBI investigation.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]