Big convention bounce for Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: Big convention bounce for Trump
(25-07-2016 04:16 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Seeing reports on some websites that wikileaks is planning another round of email leaks that should reopen an FBI investigation.

What the fuck? Are you talking about Infowars or WND? LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! You are not only not capable of seeing past your own prejudices, you do not even realize you have them. You're not an educated man are you? .... wait, was that elitist of me? Or just the fucking truth.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2016, 04:25 PM
(25-07-2016 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 04:16 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Seeing reports on some websites that wikileaks is planning another round of email leaks that should reopen an FBI investigation.

What the fuck? Are you talking about Infowars or WND? LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! You are not only not capable of seeing past your own prejudices, you do not even realize you have them. You're not an educated man are you? .... wait, was that elitist of me? Or just the fucking truth.

Wikileaks just released a bunch of emails that nobody took seriously at first but now have caused the ouster of the DNC chair. They've openly said this was only the first round of released emails.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-07-2016, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2016 04:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-07-2016 04:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What the fuck? Are you talking about Infowars or WND? LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! You are not only not capable of seeing past your own prejudices, you do not even realize you have them. You're not an educated man are you? .... wait, was that elitist of me? Or just the fucking truth.

Wikileaks just released a bunch of emails that nobody took seriously at first but now have caused the ouster of the DNC chair. They've openly said this was only the first round of released emails.

The fuck that got to do with the FBI? Do you just pull these speculations out of your ass? Wait, do you even know what speculation is? You're an Alex Jones aficionado aren't you? This is why you have problems getting proper health insurance.

#sigh
26-07-2016, 02:16 AM
If I was a merry Merkin I'd be more pissed with some bloody website from who-the-fuck-knows-where calling the tune in my country's election.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-07-2016, 03:13 AM
(25-07-2016 01:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'll stick to 538 for now [...]

Is that the same source you've regularly denigrated over the last few months?

What changed, aside from their prediction comporting with your hopes? Why are they now a credible source to you?

Be specific.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
26-07-2016, 07:07 AM
(26-07-2016 03:13 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 01:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'll stick to 538 for now [...]

Is that the same source you've regularly denigrated over the last few months?

What changed, aside from their prediction comporting with your hopes? Why are they now a credible source to you?

Be specific.

Finish my sentence. "although I think they made a big mistake originally putting Trump's chances at less than 1%. Silver was man enough to admit his error and I respect that."

26-07-2016, 08:05 AM
(26-07-2016 07:07 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 03:13 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Is that the same source you've regularly denigrated over the last few months?

Be specific.

Finish my sentence. "although I think they made a big mistake originally putting Trump's chances at less than 1%. Silver was man enough to admit his error and I respect that."

He did. But you do not have the intellectual capacity to understand his explanation. Hell you don't even have the intellectual capacity to read his explanation. Hell, you probably didn't even know he published an explanation. Your uninformed respect don't mean much of anything. And your respect will no doubt disappear as soon as his model starts considering Hillary's bump from the DNC. 'Cause you are disingenuous and shit.

#sigh
26-07-2016, 10:48 AM
(26-07-2016 07:07 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 03:13 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Is that the same source you've regularly denigrated over the last few months?

Be specific.

Yeah, that's exactly my point: your opinion changed. I already know that. My question is, why? Why are they now credible when before thay weren't?

Be specific.
26-07-2016, 11:03 AM
(26-07-2016 10:48 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 07:07 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Finish my sentence. "although I think they made a big mistake originally putting Trump's chances at less than 1%. Silver was man enough to admit his error and I respect that."

Yeah, that's exactly my point: your opinion changed. I already know that. My question is, why? Why are they now credible when before thay weren't?

Be specific.

It would be stupid to ignore Nate's ability. He made the mistake of not taking Trump seriously, and that made me question his objectiveness. Because he admittedly doesn't like Trump, he allowed bias to sneak into his assessment, originally giving Trump less than 1% chance.

He has since corrected this, and I hope he remains neutral. I'll take him at his word. Right now, one of 538's models predicts a Trump victory, the other two predict a Clinton victory. As long as they use facts and not feelings, they're going to be a reliable source of information.

26-07-2016, 12:39 PM
In sticking with the title of this thread, NBC News said Trump, in fact, didn't get a bump in its poll.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user