Big move coming and Anxainty building agian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 11:17 PM
Big move coming and Anxainty building agian
So as I have said in a few place already I am Immigrating to the US, and am at the end of the process, all that awaits is my medical exam and visa Interview, which I am both excited for and terribly anxious about.

That however is not the main thing. Now that it is so close I am starting to have irrational anxiety about me adapting to my new home. I know I'll have the support of my fiancee in all of it and his friends and family like me so its not all bad, I just have these thoughts pop into my head randomly like: Will I fit in? Will I be able to find a job to help with finances? will my plans to get a double masters degree put us in a terrible situation? Will I even be able to get into one of the universities that offer the courses I need for my qualification I want to get?

Just these kinds of things I keep going over and over as I try and fall asleep before the sun comes up. I don't want to burden him as he has a very demanding job and has been having a really stressful time at work lately due to directors resigning and new ones coming in, his subordinates fucking up routine stuff causing him more headaches.

Maybe I just need to vent and say whats been bothering me, I realize some of it is likely just nerves from the big move and some of it is just my overactive imagination, but the last thing I want to do is work myself back into an anxiety disorder and having to go back on medication, so soon after having finally adjusted to not being on it. Thoughts?

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
08-05-2016, 11:52 PM
RE: Big move coming and Anxainty building agian
It's normal to be nervous, especially about a big move like that. More importantly, congratulations! I don't think you had a fiance last time you were here Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-05-2016, 12:00 AM
(08-05-2016 11:17 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  So as I have said in a few place already I am Immigrating to the US, and am at the end of the process, all that awaits is my medical exam and visa Interview, which I am both excited for and terribly anxious about.

That however is not the main thing. Now that it is so close I am starting to have irrational anxiety about me adapting to my new home. I know I'll have the support of my fiancee in all of it and his friends and family like me so its not all bad, I just have these thoughts pop into my head randomly like: Will I fit in? Will I be able to find a job to help with finances? will my plans to get a double masters degree put us in a terrible situation? Will I even be able to get into one of the universities that offer the courses I need for my qualification I want to get?

Just these kinds of things I keep going over and over as I try and fall asleep before the sun comes up. I don't want to burden him as he has a very demanding job and has been having a really stressful time at work lately due to directors resigning and new ones coming in, his subordinates fucking up routine stuff causing him more headaches.

Maybe I just need to vent and say whats been bothering me, I realize some of it is likely just nerves from the big move and some of it is just my overactive imagination, but the last thing I want to do is work myself back into an anxiety disorder and having to go back on medication, so soon after having finally adjusted to not being on it. Thoughts?

You sound totally rational and normal to me. I agree with Morondog.

Good luck. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-05-2016, 12:02 AM
(08-05-2016 11:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's normal to be nervous, especially about a big move like that. More importantly, congratulations! I don't think you had a fiance last time you were here Smile

Thanks, yeah its a bit of a recent development relatively speaking. I get the nervousness being natural, what I am worried about is relapsing into an anxiety disorder, ironically I am anxious about being anxious.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
09-05-2016, 12:03 AM
(09-05-2016 12:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 11:17 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  So as I have said in a few place already I am Immigrating to the US, and am at the end of the process, all that awaits is my medical exam and visa Interview, which I am both excited for and terribly anxious about.

You sound totally rational and normal to me. I agree with Morondog.

Good luck. Thumbsup

Thanks, I guess all I need is a bit of positive reinforcement, to tell me that I am not crazy

09-05-2016, 12:05 AM
(09-05-2016 12:03 AM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 12:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You sound totally rational and normal to me. I agree with Morondog.

Good luck. Thumbsup

Thanks, I guess all I need is a bit of positive reinforcement, to tell me that I am not crazy

I've met crazy. Indeed I have been it!

You? You're okay. Thumbsup Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
09-05-2016, 12:16 AM
(09-05-2016 12:02 AM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 11:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's normal to be nervous, especially about a big move like that. More importantly, congratulations! I don't think you had a fiance last time you were here Smile

Thanks, yeah its a bit of a recent development relatively speaking. I get the nervousness being natural, what I am worried about is relapsing into an anxiety disorder, ironically I am anxious about being anxious.

Hmm. Well, cut yourself some slack. Allow yourself to be nervous. It's fucken scary. I moved to the UK a few years ago with the full intention of staying and becoming a citizen. In the end I went back to SA - it didn't work out for me, but it has for other friends. Just remember no matter how final the arrangements seem you can always back out.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-05-2016, 12:34 AM
(09-05-2016 12:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 12:02 AM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Thanks, yeah its a bit of a recent development relatively speaking. I get the nervousness being natural, what I am worried about is relapsing into an anxiety disorder, ironically I am anxious about being anxious.

Hmm. Well, cut yourself some slack. Allow yourself to be nervous. It's fucken scary. I moved to the UK a few years ago with the full intention of staying and becoming a citizen. In the end I went back to SA - it didn't work out for me, but it has for other friends. Just remember no matter how final the arrangements seem you can always back out.

I know I can come back, its just that my chances of becoming the scientist I want to become is so much harder here, and well I can honestly say my fiancee is the love of my life cliche as that may sound. My worry though is that I having conquered PTSD and depression , that I may be slipping back into it because of my stress.

That would be why I reached out, especially as I have had no sleep since yesterday morning by this point and when I do fall asleep I don't sleep well. But yeah, I am glad this section exists because I can come here and say peeps I needs advice, and that was advice i got from my psychologist, reach out when you start feeling the world closing. And well anonymity does have its advantages.

09-05-2016, 12:42 AM
Hug

Wishing you all the very best.

Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
12-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Hug Hoping for the best for you, Blackhand. If it helps, Rev and I both had our share of nerves before he made the big move halfway across the country to Texas. And things have been fine for us - more than fine. Smile I am hoping this will be the case for you.