Big move on the horizon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Big move on the horizon
I got news today that puts the last piece of a puzzle I've been working on in place. It looks like I'll be moving to the west coast. Not sure exactly where, but somewhere on Vancouver island. I've always loved BC, and I've always dreamed of living on the island. I am an expert in an industry that is booming in BC, and about to explode. That led to a couple different businesses approaching me, and in the end, I ended up with a choice between Vancouver Island and the Okanagan Valley. It was a really tough choice, but in the end the islander in me won. I've got kin there, and some folk who are just as good as kin.

I'm good at change, but this is even a bit scary for me. There's no more Mrs. Raving, and the Starklet has flown the coop (Alberta bound, so the move will keep me a little closer to her too) so I'm suddenly left with no responsibilities and a full tank of gas.

Giddyup.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like Stark Raving's post
10-11-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Big move on the horizon
Congrats! Sounds like great move.
10-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Godspeed my friend.

Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Quite awesome.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Promising new job, new dream location, closer to your daughter, sounds awesome! Grats!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Pics or it didn't happen - thems the rules.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-11-2014, 09:59 PM
May you have a stress-free move and successful adventure.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
11-11-2014, 12:32 AM
Welcome to the west Stark!

The winters will be a nice change for you if you don't mind rain, and especially if you are sick of freezing cold snowy winter.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Cool! I'm over there quite often, love me some west coast. Good luck with the new adventures to greener pasture. Sounds positive. I get the fear though, but that's the mind killer. Wink Being brave is doing shit even when scary is there too.
11-11-2014, 08:08 AM
Sounds like a grand adventure! Enjoy!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?