Big win??? What the actual fuck???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2016, 02:11 PM
RE: Big win??? What the actual fuck???
(02-02-2016 01:40 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 01:35 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  The problem for Bernie is Iowa was his wheelhouse and still didn't win.

Yabut, I heard he totally actually really did win, but something something Clinton something DNC something something CONSPIRACY.

I should really just not read comment sections in most places.

Sanders may have had more supporters at the caucus than Clinton, but the Democrat's do not award the state's national convention delegates by majority vote. They award state convention delegates based on the majority in a given caucus site. And 6 of the state delegates were awarded by coin toss for various reasons (all 6 coin tosses went to Clinton, which is more than the current margin). Moreover, the number of delegates a caucus site picks is based on how many people turned up to the Democratic caucus last election (when Obama was unchallenged in the Iowa Caucus).

So far, nothing conspiratorial or nefarious--it was just a really close result that made the complicated caucus method of picking a candidate come up with a result that may be different than the number of voters who showed up to the caucuses to support their particular candidate. Quite literally, Clinton won by coin toss.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2016, 03:22 PM
(02-02-2016 02:08 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 01:35 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  The problem for Bernie is Iowa was his wheelhouse and still didn't win.

No it wasn't, New Hampshire is. He was always likely to win NH but not really for Iowa, but even with a clear "big win" there he would still need to impress the folks to view him as the winner to gain the normal boost candidates winning early get when the super Tuesday times roll around.

The media is lazy as the people are lazy. they want to view the election results as the winners who they can get behind to feel like they are winners.

Hilary's 4 delegate boost over Sanders is the "winner" because the point of these votes is perception, not results.

No, he is EXPECTED to win NH, but Iowa voters are his wheelhouse, predominantly white blue collar. And he didn't win.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2016, 03:26 PM
I still think of NH as his wheelhouse core because those are known as not mainstream often more aggressively socially liberal voters across the board. Iowans are the white bunch but often still so mainstream that it's not normally his base

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-02-2016, 03:34 PM
(02-02-2016 03:26 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I still think of NH as his wheelhouse core because those are known as not mainstream often more aggressively socially liberal voters across the board. Iowans are the white bunch but often still so mainstream that it's not normally his base

Here, this says it best for me, from the NYT: "The New York Times' Nate Cohn is not so sure. "[A] virtual tie in Iowa is an acceptable, if not ideal, result for Mrs. Clinton and an ominous one for Mr. Sanders," he writes. "He failed to win a state tailor made to his strengths." Sanders excelled where he should have in Iowa – among white, less affluent and young voters – but his showing "wasn't so great as to suggest that he's positioned to improve upon national polls once the campaign heats up," Cohn argues. Sanders is comparatively weak among nonwhites, he notes, and a win in New Hampshire, where he leads Clinton in the polls, may not be enough to overcome that. "[M]omentum is overrated in primary politics," Cohn writes. Barack Obama's early wins "couldn't even put Mrs. Clinton away" in early February of 2008, and "her share of the vote never declined" that year. Now, he notes, she holds more than 50 percent of the vote in national surveys – a solid perch and a threat to Sanders."

Iowa voters are absolutely his wheelhouse. I really don't care just as long whoever wins the Dem nod the other candidate's followers vote for the winner. Either one on their worst day is better than ANY Republican candidate on their best day.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
02-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Is the election over yet? Drinking Beverage
#SickofitAlready

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 9 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-02-2016, 04:25 PM
(02-02-2016 02:08 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  ----
----
--- the point of these votes is perception, not results.

^^That is the nut and the shell.^^ It has become the standard for how we buy and sell our history.

Do I seem at all happy about this? Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Iowa's track record at picking the candidate. Not so impressive. Who cares ?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/iowas-bad-tr...p-winners/
The idea that Cruz could win a national election is laughable.
(Oh and BTW ... Mr. Put Down New York Values ... ? His fucking wife works for Goldman-Sachs. He eats "New York values". Hypocrite.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-02-2016, 04:46 PM
In a contest where mere survival is considered winning, survival plus still having your balls is a big win.
02-02-2016, 04:51 PM
(02-02-2016 03:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is the election over yet? Drinking Beverage
#SickofitAlready

Christ, and don't we have like 2 more years before election day? This presidential campaign has been going on for how long.....like 8 years. God I'm sick of this shit. Presidential campaigns should be 4 months long..tops!

Argue Beat_stick

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-02-2016, 04:58 PM
No, Election Day is in nine months.

----
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post