Big win??? What the actual fuck???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2016, 06:54 PM
RE: Big win??? What the actual fuck???
(02-02-2016 06:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 01:35 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  The problem for Bernie is Iowa was his wheelhouse and still didn't win.

Nope. He's not a particularly religious Jew. New Hampshire is in his wheelhouse. And Trump is gonna spank Cruz there.

Religion has nothing to do with his wheelhouse in Iowa, I explained why already. His thing is predominantly white, middle class and young, which Iowa is full of that, which is how he gave her a run, but he still didn't win. We all know he is going to win NH because he's a politician for Vermont and it's a pittance of a state.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2016, 07:01 PM
(02-02-2016 06:54 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 06:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nope. He's not a particularly religious Jew. New Hampshire is in his wheelhouse. And Trump is gonna spank Cruz there.

Religion has nothing to do with his wheelhouse in Iowa, I explained why already. His thing is predominantly white, middle class and young, which Iowa is full of that, which is how he gave her a run, but he still didn't win. We all know he is going to win NH because he's a politician for Vermont and it's a pittance of a state.

Those young, white, & middle class people of Iowa are still primarily religious. You can't say, that has nothing to do with it because that it clearly does.

You can't say these 3 factors only matter.. the other factors matter too. And Religion is a Gigantic factor in some areas more than others.

The reason New Hampshire is his wheelhouse isn't only because he is from Vermont, Afterall Hilary is from nextdoor in New York too and that helped boost her race there in 08. New Hampshire is Bernie's real wheelhouse voter demographic because they are also mainly middle class & white but significantly LESS mainstream and less evangelically religious than even liberal Iowa voters.

Bernie is still a bit to "scary" to some voters. Especially Mainstream & highly Christian people which Iowa has far more than a state like New Hampshire. Sure White, Middle Class, & Young people are Bernie's base wheelhouse.. But the White, Middle Class, & young people in New Hampshire are more his base. Because there is additional differentiating factors between the those populations.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
02-02-2016, 07:23 PM
(02-02-2016 06:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Can't the electoral college just lock themselves in a room and we will watch for the white smoke without having to listen to all the bullshit?

Best. Idea. EVER!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-02-2016, 09:37 PM
(02-02-2016 05:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So can someone please explain to me how this actually works for you guys.
Each state votes and than delegates are distributed based on votes? And so now Clinton has 22 delegates to Sanders 21.
Is it just who has the most at the end or does winning a state matter?? You guys do this in the weirdest way.

As Chas replied to you, this is a section process ostensibly run by the party. Party nominees are selected by their own party rules. Each party has different rules, and each state has its own set of rules on top of that.

The states generally select the delegates for the party national conventions. Majority of those delegates select the party nominee. Rules for awarding delegates vary both by party and by state. Sometimes they will be proportional, and sometimes they will be winner-take-all.

Democrats have a particularly undemocratic feature of their candidate selection process by including 20% of the delegates as so-called superdelegates. Those are party members accountable to nobody other than their own conscience, and can select a candidate regardless of any vote taken. Somebody who won 30% of the votes in primaries and caucuses in the Democratic party could in principle secure the nomination if they managed to convince all the superdelegtaes to vote for them.
Find all posts by this user
03-02-2016, 12:28 AM
(02-02-2016 07:01 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 06:54 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Religion has nothing to do with his wheelhouse in Iowa, I explained why already. His thing is predominantly white, middle class and young, which Iowa is full of that, which is how he gave her a run, but he still didn't win. We all know he is going to win NH because he's a politician for Vermont and it's a pittance of a state.

Those young, white, & middle class people of Iowa are still primarily religious. You can't say, that has nothing to do with it because that it clearly does.

You can't say these 3 factors only matter.. the other factors matter too. And Religion is a Gigantic factor in some areas more than others.

The reason New Hampshire is his wheelhouse isn't only because he is from Vermont, Afterall Hilary is from nextdoor in New York too and that helped boost her race there in 08. New Hampshire is Bernie's real wheelhouse voter demographic because they are also mainly middle class & white but significantly LESS mainstream and less evangelically religious than even liberal Iowa voters.

Bernie is still a bit to "scary" to some voters. Especially Mainstream & highly Christian people which Iowa has far more than a state like New Hampshire. Sure White, Middle Class, & Young people are Bernie's base wheelhouse.. But the White, Middle Class, & young people in New Hampshire are more his base. Because there is additional differentiating factors between the those populations.

Well, I never said those three reasons only matter, I said they are his wheelhouse, and they are. It won't be a shock when he wins NH because that state, too, is in his wheelhouse. To say NY is next door like Vermont is next door is correct geographically, but culturally it couldn't be further from the truth. Vermont and NH are very similar but NY is like another planet. P

But I don't think religion played a key role in his loss in Iowa. If it were that significant he wouldn't even have come close to a tie. You can't say the only difference between a NH victory and Iowa loss is because she's a Christian and he's a relaxed Jew. I don't buy it. Iowa was his wheelhouse and that is the reason he came close to winning there.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me