Bigfoot Genetics Paper Hoax

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2013, 05:36 PM
RE: Bigfoot Genetics Paper Hoax
It still boggles my mind.

Even if Bigfoot turned out to exist - so what?

Why the fuck does it matter whether or not some hairy ape-like creature with particularly big feet exists? Who the hell cares?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Yeti is my interest. Bigfoot - too easy to hoax so, it probably is.

The thing for me about Yeti is snow tracks. The scream... is way too unreliable for evidence. But the snow tracks... that's tough to put into the realm of hoax when no one's been up there.

The Himalayas - that landscape is pretty brutal ... why would anyone even try to keep such a farce going? Consider ...unless... that's the hook...

Hope that guy gets what he wants out of his thousands of dollars worth of research. If not, I hope he sues her guts out.

Sadcryface Oops, I hope it doesn't discourage any future Yeti research.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
17-02-2013, 05:49 PM
(17-02-2013 05:36 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Why the fuck does it matter whether or not some hairy ape-like creature with particularly big feet exists? Who the hell cares?

Oh, you're just jealous 'cause your country doesn't have a Bigfoot hoax creature. You don't even have red necks who believe in them, either. Ha ha. Sleepy Laughat

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
17-02-2013, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2013 07:47 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(17-02-2013 05:38 PM)kim Wrote:  Yeti is my interest. Bigfoot - too easy to hoax so, it probably is.

The thing for me about Yeti is snow tracks. The scream... is way too unreliable for evidence. But the snow tracks... that's tough to put into the realm of hoax when no one's been up there.

The Himalayas - that landscape is pretty brutal ... why would anyone even try to keep such a farce going? Consider ...unless... that's the hook...
[...]

Since this is a thread about hoaxes concerning ape creatures, I'll give you a reason for why I don't accept the existence of the Yeti. Here is a gorilla's foot; it is designed for quadrupedal, sometimes bipedal, locomotion and climbing trees:

[Image: truegorillafeet.jpg]

Now here is a picture of a famous Yeti track:

[Image: yeti_footprint.jpg]

Notice any strange similarities? Why would an ape creature that is always described as being fully bipedal need grasping toes designed for climbing trees? There are never any fist or knuckle marks around the footprints in the pictures. Notice also that there is no uniformity to the interior of the track. Take the heel, for example; the bottom left side is much deeper than the areas around it. Smells fishy to me. As for the persistence of the legend, stories about gods and spirits are still around today, so why not the Yeti? Also, realize that the people who report these footprints tend to be western explorers. I think it's more a matter of "Mr. So-and-So, please tells us more about your adventures in the Himalayas" than objective reporting of natural phenomenon.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2013, 07:51 PM
In some of the pics I've seen I don't see the grasping toe. And I've seen the sizes quite different.
[Image: Yeti-Footprint_imagelarge.jpg]
That's a size 10 boot.... maybe it's an abominable Ewok? Wink

17-02-2013, 08:22 PM
(17-02-2013 07:51 PM)kim Wrote:  In some of the pics I've seen I don't see the grasping toe. And I've seen the sizes quite different.

[...]

I bet they're cute little bastards!
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
18-02-2013, 12:00 AM
[Image: 2016576-simon__the_killer_ewok_by_art_mi...ndrew0.jpg]

Ewoks, the Star Wars answer to Drop Bears...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
18-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Bigfoot Genetics Paper Hoax
(17-02-2013 07:51 PM)kim Wrote:  In some of the pics I've seen I don't see the grasping toe. And I've seen the sizes quite different.
[Image: Yeti-Footprint_imagelarge.jpg]

I'm no Steve Irwin, but that sure looks like a bear cub print to me.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
18-02-2013, 10:26 AM
(17-02-2013 05:36 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It still boggles my mind.

Even if Bigfoot turned out to exist - so what?

Why the fuck does it matter whether or not some hairy ape-like creature with particularly big feet exists? Who the hell cares?
It's all about the mystery. Bigfoot was always fun for me as a kid because maybe it exists; maybe it doesn't. The thrill of the research and trying to solve the mystery is the whole point of science. It's another thing to solve about this world.

Asking why it matters is like asking "Why the fuck does it matter whether or not planets capable of producing life exist? Who the hell cares?"

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
18-02-2013, 10:43 AM
(18-02-2013 10:26 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  It's all about the mystery. Bigfoot was always fun for me as a kid because maybe it exists; maybe it doesn't. The thrill of the research and trying to solve the mystery is the whole point of science. It's another thing to solve about this world.

Asking why it matters is like asking "Why the fuck does it matter whether or not planets capable of producing life exist? Who the hell cares?"
Seriously? Dodgy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]