Bigfoot Genetics Paper Hoax

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2013, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2013 11:09 AM by kim.)
RE: Bigfoot Genetics Paper Hoax
(18-02-2013 01:57 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I'm no Steve Irwin, but that sure looks like a bear cub print to me.
Well, I guess some of us could use a little horizon expansion. Dodgy
[Image: 412qB9CURKL._SL500_SS500_.jpg]
Remember; we don't know everything. If there is such a creature, it's discovery could confirm
[Image: Abominable%20Snowman.jpg]
genetic material we already suspect. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2013, 11:21 AM
(18-02-2013 10:43 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-02-2013 10:26 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  It's all about the mystery. Bigfoot was always fun for me as a kid because maybe it exists; maybe it doesn't. The thrill of the research and trying to solve the mystery is the whole point of science. It's another thing to solve about this world.

Asking why it matters is like asking "Why the fuck does it matter whether or not planets capable of producing life exist? Who the hell cares?"
Seriously? Dodgy
Pretty much, yeah. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-02-2013, 02:46 PM
where are the pokemon jokes? Her NAME is KETCHUM.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
18-02-2013, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2013 04:14 PM by Vosur.)
Edit: Never mind.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-02-2013, 03:53 PM
The reason why the existence of Big Foot and the Loch Ness monster would be a big deal is because of what they mean in terms of evolution.

If Big Foot is real, it is one more organism to add to the relationship among the apes and primates. We get all excited when we might add a new branch to our particular limb of the tree of life.

For the Loch Ness monster, well...we have all heard the creatards in LA trying to say that it IS real so they can say that Pleisiosaurs are still alive and that this (somehow) disproves evolution.

The fact of the matter is that they are alluring because of the legends and myths associated with them. To those interested in Cryptozoology, they think these animals represent important discoveries for biology and evolution (and they would). But there has never been a single shred of credible evidence for either, so it is no surprise that the genetics came back as bullshit. You would have to have something legitimate to sample in order to produce reliable data in the first place.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
18-02-2013, 03:57 PM
(18-02-2013 03:53 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The reason why the existence of Big Foot and the Loch Ness monster would be a big deal is because of what they mean in terms of evolution.

If Big Foot is real, it is one more organism to add to the relationship among the apes and primates. We get all excited when we might add a new branch to our particular limb of the tree of life.

For the Loch Ness monster, well...we have all heard the creatards in LA trying to say that it IS real so they can say that Pleisiosaurs are still alive and that this (somehow) disproves evolution.

The fact of the matter is that they are alluring because of the legends and myths associated with them. To those interested in Cryptozoology, they think these animals represent important discoveries for biology and evolution (and they would). But there has never been a single shred of credible evidence for either, so it is no surprise that the genetics came back as bullshit. You would have to have something legitimate to sample in order to produce reliable data in the first place.
You make a good argument. Fair enough, I stand corrected.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
18-02-2013, 04:46 PM
(18-02-2013 03:53 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  [...]

My archaeology professor is currently writing a book that traces the origins of many legends concerning cryptids and ancient alien-type stuff. He explained to me that this type of stuff has a ten step process, starting from popularity and ending in total obscurity. Subjects that are universally panned by science but widely believed by the general public eventually passes into the realm of the supernatural, the step preceding obscurity. This happens when a supposed scientist with evidence supporting such a fringe concept fails to deliver the goods. This is when people start thinking the concept is something beyond science, beyond the physical world. Now, for example, people are starting to claim the "unidentified" DNA from Ketchum's study was from angels, meaning Bigfoot is actually a Nephilim.

18-02-2013, 09:34 PM
I've finally gathered my thoughts into an article. There is no reason for anyone who has kept up with this thread to read it. Just know you can direct any people claiming the study supports the existence of Bigfoot to the link below:

http://www.historum.com/blogs/ghostexorc...urnal.html
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
21-02-2013, 03:53 PM
During my brief time following the Ketchum paper, I've learned there are nicknames for people who believe in Bigfoot ("Mulders") and those who don't ("Skeptards"). Both are meant to be derogative since Mulder tended to believe just about anything with little evidence and skeptards apparently don't believe anything even if a Bigfoot were to walk up and shake their hand. My article was picked up by a popular Bigfoot blog. It was well received by the skeptics and even the more rational-minded believers because they cared about scientific integrity. It wasn't long before negative comments from the Mulder crowd first started to appear. Out of 160-something comments, I think my favorite one is the one that likens me to a parolee and said that I was committing crimes again by posting such lies. Then they linked to a mugshot of a person with a name similar to mine in an attempt to discredit me. I had to really laugh at that one.
21-02-2013, 04:51 PM
(21-02-2013 03:53 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  ... the one that likens me to a parolee and said that I was committing crimes again by posting such lies. Then they linked to a mugshot of a person with a name similar to mine in an attempt to discredit me.

Well... what do you expect, you godless Bigfoot denier? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post